Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Q: What would you like done about AFKers?

Quote Originally Posted by Achido View Post
    Q: What can be done about AFKers? How would you solve this problem?

---
    Edit: I would like to suggest that there is an automatic popup that puts Infinite Crisis game as the primary screen once the match has started (after the loading screen has loaded all players). Example: If you are in que and alt tabbed browsing forums, and the que pops, the infinite crisis game is automatically selected as the primary screen so that you can press join or decline. This specific feature would help remind players who alt tabbed during the loading screen, that the match has started and can eliminate *some* of the problems where people forgot to tab back to the game once it started, because there currently is no alert for this.
    Your suggestion and example don't seem to match up. Just FYI, IC currently does become the primary screen when you are alt+tabbed during queue and a match has been found but doesn't do so when the match has started.

Quote Originally Posted by iM-SoundByte View Post
    Do ppl not realize that losing merit is the current punishment system for afkers? Well its only for ppl who get reported (I believe) but yea you do lose some merit for afking consistently (pretty sure they said after the 2nd afk report you begin to lose merit).
    Well, that's sort of correct.

Basically, if you afk and garner yourself enough reports, our Customer Service team will send you a friendly warning letting you know that it's not cool to AFK. Now, if you KEEP afking, then the team will remove all of your merit before moving onto bans.

Most of the time, once merit is removed, many Protectors immediately cease AFKing. No one likes losing their hard earned merit, but you have to really work at it for us to do that.
    Seraphina Brennan -- Community Manager, Infinite Crisis
    ""For hearts long lost and full of fright / For those alone in Blackest Night. / Accept our ring and join our fight / Love conquers all with violet light!""

Roles: Jungle/Assassin, Marksman, and sometimes Controller. Mains: Gaslight Catwoman, Mecha Wonder Woman, Gaslight Batman, Nightmare Robin, Nightmare Superman, Poison Ivy, Atomic Poison Ivy.

Having experience all of IC's beloved surprises since closed beta, I'd like to add a comment.

A lot of people complain about afkers, however only 50% are really afkers, between personal ISP problems, the 25% loading bug where one cannot ever connect to game and so many other things we've seen, anything could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata View Post
    Well, that's sort of correct.

Basically, if you afk and garner yourself enough reports, our Customer Service team will send you a friendly warning letting you know that it's not cool to AFK. Now, if you KEEP afking, then the team will remove all of your merit before moving onto bans.

Most of the time, once merit is removed, many Protectors immediately cease AFKing. No one likes losing their hard earned merit, but you have to really work at it for us to do that.
    That could backfire into ppl not playing at all. They may be jerks but there jerks with money

Quote Originally Posted by tSpark View Post
    Having experience all of IC's beloved surprises since closed beta, I'd like to add a comment.

A lot of people complain about afkers, however only 50% are really afkers, between personal ISP problems, the 25% loading bug where one cannot ever connect to game and so many other things we've seen, anything could happen.
    True, i totally understand people with this kind of issues, what i don't take, is the "i'm going afk cuz you (as a team) suck, blah balh alakchumbá!"
    If you are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your code isn't working or got any comment or feedback.
    GO HERE:
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

Submit a ticket, to do all listed above and even more.

*How To post a DxDiag

*Infinite Crisis Forum's Rules

*I'm Famous <3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    MY FAV STREAMS!
    Sycogenesis' Stream :http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis
    Beco's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dps_beco
    Hammerborn's Stream: twitch.tv/hammerreborn

Quote Originally Posted by Rasqal View Post
    Look ive seen ur posts pal and frankly i think ur annoying and pretty rude in ur manner of communication, probably some real life issues relating to a small willy and too much oestrogen.

Eitherway so what u think ppl wont quit if their stats get ***** by afkers every game or they have to lose every other game due to AFK?

More so manboob having leper, I said a strike towards a harsher punishment AKA ACCUMULATIVE, if ur net is dropping every other game maybe u should not be harassing other players with your sh!t internet connection and u should stick to playing with bots or not play all instead of terrorising other players with afk every other game.. THE IDEA IS TO PUNISH THEM HARD AS A DETERRENT?
    Maybe we should let people have a conversation with you as a deterrent. It would work for me.

There's issues with the game itself that cause AFKers and YOU are in no position to determine what those cases are.
    Nor should players be punished for the quality of their latency. That's absurd.

Tone down the insults, you're the only one coming across as having 'issues.'

Quote Originally Posted by Mrlucho View Post
    True, i totally understand people with this kind of issues, what i don't take, is the "i'm going afk cuz you (as a team) suck, blah balh alakchumbá!"
    I don't know what you just said, man, but those are the ones that really let us down.

But there is another type of AFK - telephone/doorbell/mother aggro

Providing Harmony ItsThatAsianBoy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tSpark View Post

Oh definitely.
    It's hard to tell if someone is actually an AFK or if someone just has ISP/computer problems.

Most of the time I only report if they act toxic and then go afk.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBrigade View Post
    I don't know what you just said, man, but those are the ones that really let us down.

But there is another type of AFK - telephone/doorbell/mother aggro
    People with TECH ISSUES, i understand them, because i used to have those issues, still have them but thanks to the IC Support, i got less problems, what i can't handle, and makes me go 'angry' of the afkers, are those that do it in purpose. also yeah, your mom tells you to do something whileplaying, is annoying too, or "Brb baby crying" stuff like that, it's something i might understand.
    If you are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your code isn't working or got any comment or feedback.
    GO HERE:
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

Submit a ticket, to do all listed above and even more.

*How To post a DxDiag

*Infinite Crisis Forum's Rules

*I'm Famous <3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    MY FAV STREAMS!
    Sycogenesis' Stream :http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis
    Beco's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dps_beco
    Hammerborn's Stream: twitch.tv/hammerreborn