Add Metropolis, then start creating a ARPG game

Hello,

First I would like to say that I enjoy playing this game and eagerly await the big September patch.
    I decided to purchase a founder's pack(when they were announced) because I've loved DC since I was a kid and played LOTRO for years.

Turbine, you do PVE really well(please see LOTRO, Asheron's Call, and even DDO). I think anyone who has played any of your other game's can agree on that, and even in this game people love to jungle because they like fighting the (PVE) mobs with the truly authentic feeling champions you have created.
    PVP however is a area that is not one of your strong points(please see other games as well) and I think it's time to realize that in the world of MOBAs this game cannot really compete on a large scale. It doesn't matter how many ex-LoL/Dota 2 players you get to do your competitions, when there are 10 ppl viewing 2-3 streams on Twitch at most at any time it speaks volumes and it's time to make some changes. Some may argue that streams don't matter but streams do in some way, represent the popularity of a game.

It's mentioned across the forums that this game doesn't get a lot of publicity but I see adverts for this game at every turn. When I search anything DC or Superhero online I see Google adds, when I go into comic shops in my area I see posters of this game for sale. Does this mean you're targeting comic fans more than gamers? If that's the case then why not broaden your horizons and create a PVE game for those comic fans who have no interest in pvp and just want to play as their favorite heroes or villains?

Why not create something that is truly the first of its kind, a Moba/Arpg.

If you search the forums there are so many requests for heroes and villains that people want because first and foremost they want to play as certain characters and IMO the pvp aspect is secondary to that.

You already have a good foundation to start building a Arpg from minus a couple skills but maybe those can be added when q'ing/zoning for PVE scenarios?

I'm not a developer and hope what I wrote did not come off offensive in any way because that was not my intent. I'm just someone who would like to see this game succeed, even if it's not in an area it was originally meant to.

It's time to start focusing on your strengths and do what you do best.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

G'day
    Last edited by HelionPrime; 07-28-2014 at 11:38 AM.

Re: Add Metropolis, then start creating a ARPG game

Anything to get more players for the game. It's awesome even in its early stages minus the obvious beta testing problems (UI, bugs, etc,.), but I would play for both the PvP and PvE since I play games like Dota 2 and LoL. I think PvE could be really well done and add even more depth to the game as a whole.

I honestly dont see this happening..the game itself is completely centered around pvp
    Yes..over NINE THOUSAND!!

also..Consider Ham as an option.

terrible suggestion, it would make the game boring as hell. the PvP is why I still play this game. there is no end to the different challenges available do to the ever changing team compositions.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroSmokist View Post
    Anything to get more players for the game. It's awesome even in its early stages minus the obvious beta testing problems (UI, bugs, etc,.), but I would play for both the PvP and PvE since I play games like Dota 2 and LoL. I think PvE could be really well done and add even more depth to the game as a whole.
    That was my thought as well when making this suggestion. Turbine does PVE very well and I'm sure they'd be able to find a creative way to make it work.

@V3G3TA - The only thing different between this game and say Diablo 3, is that Diablo has a few more skills, skill tree(or variant of), loot and a campaign story. Imagine instead of q'ing for GH you queue for a PVE scenario and the few extra skills are added after zoning into the instance. The skill trees can be added to the ui panel we currently use to view champion progress.

@Wurm_king - Nowhere did I suggest to remove the pvp. Have both/something for everyone. DC Universe Legends play will be adding PVE content in the near future because they see how beneficial it is to give non-pvpers things to do while playing as their favorite heroes. Also, working with, rather than against other players may create a more positive community. New players could possibly come for pve but stay for the pvp
    Last edited by HelionPrime; 08-22-2014 at 03:04 AM.

again this is a moba. if you don't like it go back to DC universe. I play because its a DC moba, if I want to play a game like Diablo I will start up my copy of Diablo.