Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Considering Harmony texansamurai's Avatar

Sportsmanship in IC

One thing I've always told my friends that play IC is that "I'm good to my teammates, but im an *** to my competition." One aspect in any game or sport that I enjoy is taunting. Hell, theres even a /taunt in the game. I feel that it makes the struggle more interesting and ignites your passion ingame.

I'll say things like. /all NOOB (After i get my kill) or /all this is DOOMSDAY NOT SUNDAY among other things. It's fun and i don't mind recieving it as much as I do dishing it out.

Sometimes if I fear the enemy is going to surrender but I want the game to continue (Grow my killing streak ) ill say "type /ff to surrender" this will edge them on to defeat me for being "insolent" thus continuing the game.

Now, some people claim its rude and disrespectful, but I disagree. However this is my opinion. As long as a player isin't making verbal threats such as IMMA KILL YOU IN YOUR SLEEP, or YOUR PARENTS NEVER LOVED YOU (Sorry if you had that said to you batman) Then thats crossing the line.

So what do you consider apporiate or unapporiate for IC and why?

Providing Harmony

Re: Sportsmanship in IC

I consider this taunting disrespectful and obnoxious. Maybe if you preface it with, say, "Would you like to engage in an exchange of taunts?" and they assent it would be fine.

I gotta say,

Any trash talking in all chat is obnoxious, It tends to snowball and there are two sides to that "It's only a game" cliche.
    One is that nothing matters and do not take it too seriously, the other is have fun and play your best.
    If I am forced to listen or /ignore someone because of their ribbing, then it is not appropriate and should be kept to yourself or your team.
    Even though it is fun for you, It might agonizing to someone else.

Remember the pledge of the Protector;

Protectors who demoralize instead of support only forfeit the respect of their peers.

I think Taunting is major part of the game. But also feel it can be taken to far.

See taunting can make players and teams chase you for ganks or forget about goals while the rest of your team take advantage of the situation. Then again it can be used to impact the level of fun play in a negetive way.

When taunts go to far-

If you and your team is winnning and you was not taunting in the first place there is no need to start. Its no longer taunting but humilating the pther person or team. Also some things are said can be taken far (Slur towards people race, Sexuality and even) age is very offensive and should never be used thoughI have personally come across players who have done that in taunting matter many of times.

So am I pro or Con for Taunts.

The answer is 50/50. Some time it just shouldnt be done.

DigiComm Manager IC_ElectricLeo's Avatar

Typing NOOB in /all after you kill someone is pretty mean. I think you'd have to be a pretty mean person to think it's fine.

Should have added noob to the list of slurs. But sstrongly agree with you on that one.

Wanted to give a productive taunt. Lets say I was playing.... ummm flash. On GH. I have 3 players chase me for about 20 secs before they give up. Then I try to get themm to chase me again but they all ready learned from the first time I am just there to draw there attention.

So I type in all chat.

IM THE ORBITAL CANNON.

Spam it a few times and next thing you know they are chasing me again after I pick at them a few times. While they chase me the rest of my team retakes the points untill they give up or kill me.

Yea I used myself as bait. Killl my K/D ratio but its works. And ive done this many of times.
    Last edited by Bearsss; 07-28-2014 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IC_ElectricLeo View Post
    Typing NOOB in /all after you kill someone is pretty mean. I think you'd have to be a pretty mean person to think it's fine.
    Basically we all think OP is an *** hole.

Glad we cleared this up.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

Quote Originally Posted by IC_ElectricLeo View Post
    Seriously? Even Shazam says "Try harder noob." Guess my favorite hero, as many others is just a big fat meany.

It goes bothways.

Personally i have gone of on one before due to a player actively feeding us (kept running at my tower )

But theres a limit between banter and a mild insult, and just out n out needing rectal surgery to remove your own head.

racism or being a complete *insert chain od expletives here* has no place in the game or the community esp /all noob after a kill thats just being a muppet.

Maybe we should bribe the IC guys to rig your elo so you end up vsing the good/great players who will tear you apart and im sure if we harrass them enough they will happily keep typing /noob after your 50th death that match.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannin View Post
    It goes bothways.

Personally i have gone of on one before due to a player actively feeding us (kept running at my tower )

But theres a limit between banter and a mild insult, and just out n out needing rectal surgery to remove your own head.

racism or being a complete *insert chain od expletives here* has no place in the game or the community esp /all noob after a kill thats just being a muppet.

Maybe we should bribe the IC guys to rig your elo so you end up vsing the good/great players who will tear you apart and im sure if we harrass them enough they will happily keep typing /noob after your 50th death that match.
    Before they do that, why dont they fix the part where Shazam says "Try harder NOOB" after killing someone. Only to be fair. Besides its one thing to spam Noob after every kill and another to get someone worked up for Agro. Besides me saying noob once is far less severe than anything recommended or has said about me. I.E Hacking me, or calling me an ***hole. Many of us know that calling someone a noob is far far low on the foodchain of comments made against someone online. Infact its overuse has no shock value anymore.

I say it not because I mean it personally but as a mind-game tactic. I don't sit there and spam it. As proven it does increase agro for me, as shown by all your posts, and as a tank works to my advantage.