Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Sportsmanship in IC

Quote Originally Posted by Floon View Post
    I'd say the difference isn't as great as you might think. For someone who isn't good at the game, every taunt, no matter how mild, adds to the frustration pretty equally and pretty significantly. I say this as someone who is pretty bad at the game. I play, I enjoy the game itself, but as a player who isn't that great, no taunt is fun, and even mild ones are a disincentive to keep playing. The learning process is a long one for MOBAs, and many experienced players seem to overestimate their actual tolerance and politeness levels.

"I'm a positive player, I don't yell at anyone... except, of course, people just feeding. I mean, come on, right?" Folks who claim to be nice people have said things like that. Another way to say that is, "A new MOBA player is going to experience me as a very toxic person."

Nice concept however slightly flawed given that under 10/20? dont get paired with higher level chars , which kind of shines a seperate light on toxicity at a higher level range Which s where i point out some just dont grasp the difference.

I say this after having a reasonable "example" match earlier where a player raged and fed on purpose because He/She didnt get "His/Her lane" And it got to the point that to a "new" player or someone not ingame would have considered the opposing team toxic because even they were getting angry at the "death" "res" Run into a tower routine.

Where as on the flipside you see in some games people saying "GLHF oh by the way please die a lot player-x just so its balanced!" (an example of this was me and nick on the Coast City stream With Achy and Mehler) WOuld you say something like thats out of order given that in this case nick is fully aware 9 out of 10 time he completely flattens me?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiteU View Post
    Id say that is two things,

One. Awesome, There has to be a distinction between being toxix by trolling in all chat. And another for using your in-game taunt as it was ment to be.

And two, Welcome back Bearsssszszszz.
    Anww thanks allot. Im super happy to be back! Miss every one in the community and being able to play as well, as well being on the fourms during my free time when I am not protecting the world from evil!
    Ame-Comi Zatanna 7.2" figure raffle happens Nov-29 between 8 to 10pm Est. Don't miss the next BearsXstream Show!!!!

for the most part, this is well mannered, intelligent community, who all want the game succeed .....I feel like most games there is very little trash talking, and people are funny and cool in game

the only real problem ive ever had is once i tell people im disabled after being called a feeder or whatever people telling me im hopeless shouldnt play etc they get a nice report now that i know how
    disabled player who wont quit no matter how many players give me grief i play with one hand let see how well you'd do

the best kind of "trash talk" is when you out-preform your opponent. Playing better and winning is a better indication of skill than anything you could ever say. After all, Most people can spit out some one liners about the other guy being bad or whatever.

That being said, I think that trash talk has a place in strategy discussions. One of the ways that "hustlers" and "con-artists" can get to you is with language. In a game like this, if you can rattle someone to make mistakes, it means you are in their head and can essentially train them to behave any way you want. It isn't a nice tactic, but it has proven to be a viable one towards those without cool heads.

I think one of the most interesting aspects of games as a whole is what goes on within the players heads. Sometimes, in fighting games, players opt to have a single button that does not do anything. Why would you do this? Because you can press on that button to make enemies think you are going to do something. They hear the "clack" of an arcade stick button and suddenly they do something silly and dangerous like jump. In other words, you made them react to something that isn't actually happening and thus, can capitalize on them falling for your trickery. These mind games or "clown tactics" as I like to call them add for an interesting layer to a game, in my opinion. But I can totally understand why people wouldn't like them.

STOP BEIN PANZY ASSES. if you get your feeling hurt cause of what someone said over a computer then you deserve it. talk **** back. if there being totally *** hole like being racist or extremely hurtful language ignore it. when you let it bother you they will try harder to make you more mad. stop being whiney bitches and virtually man the *** up! look forward too seeing you all gaming. good luck!!

Surprised there even a taunt feature in the game in the first place, everyone so worried about being "PC" and "hurting" people feeling surprised they even added that.

AS for taunting, I don't even bother, I tried to mostly just stay quite and play the game. Not going to risk hurting some ones precious feelings over a video and get reported, because you know ...video games are a serious business.

Man I miss the 90's when people had spines.........
    https://www.youtube.com/user/JestersmilesStream

http://www.twitch.tv/jestersmiles

R.I.P Main AD Harley Main tank API Back Up Tank Atomic Green lantern

Main Bruiser Super Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Jestersmiles View Post
    Surprised there even a taunt feature in the game in the first place, everyone so worried about being "PC" and "hurting" people feeling surprised they even added that.

AS for taunting, I don't even bother, I tried to mostly just stay quite and play the game. Not going to risk hurting some ones precious feelings over a video and get reported, because you know ...video games are a serious business.

Man I miss the 90's when people had spines.........

1: Kids play the game.

2: Theres a difference between a taunt and the outright abuse/primary playschool abuse that some players keep launching,

Just look at how LoL has suffered because of many people with attitudes similar to yours , as first of you scare off all the kids/Parents stop their kids playing, That leads to higher queues , Higher q's leads to people giving up waiting = a dead game.

You then refer to the 90s/00's well thats funny as my brother says that most companies back then took a very harsh view of online abuse in their games Although he also pointed out some films which although great back then are actually deemed racist now.

So you potentially place the blame on an education system that is turning out children who are basically taught to be "offended" at just about everything that doesnt fit the view they were taught (I say this as the UK had a "no losers" period in schools where even sprotsdays had no 1st place or last just participants)

1: Kids play the game.
    This game is rated for 12y (at least EU and RUS, don't know which rating USA uses) so yeah, kids play this game

Quote Originally Posted by Unilord View Post
    This game is rated for 12y (at least EU and RUS, don't know which rating USA uses) so yeah, kids play this game
    Also, "rated" doesn't necessarily mean that younger kids don't play them. I know I owned a ton of "M" rated games when I was like 10. (Fun fact: I have 2 copies of Starcraft, the original rated M, and a newer one rated T). Although, the topic is about online interactions, which are un-rated I believe?