Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Re: Sportsmanship in IC

Quote Originally Posted by Dannin View Post
    1: Kids play the game.

2: Theres a difference between a taunt and the outright abuse/primary playschool abuse that some players keep launching,

Just look at how LoL has suffered because of many people with attitudes similar to yours , as first of you scare off all the kids/Parents stop their kids playing, That leads to higher queues , Higher q's leads to people giving up waiting = a dead game.

You then refer to the 90s/00's well thats funny as my brother says that most companies back then took a very harsh view of online abuse in their games Although he also pointed out some films which although great back then are actually deemed racist now.

So you potentially place the blame on an education system that is turning out children who are basically taught to be "offended" at just about everything that doesnt fit the view they were taught (I say this as the UK had a "no losers" period in schools where even sprotsdays had no 1st place or last just participants)
    LoL a dead game......O_o?

And those "kids" are probably the worst offenders of taunting lol ^ ^
    https://www.youtube.com/user/JestersmilesStream

http://www.twitch.tv/jestersmiles

R.I.P Main AD Harley Main tank API Back Up Tank Atomic Green lantern

Main Bruiser Super Girl

One thing I've noticed about the community in 'IC' is that it by far is one of the most toxic I've ever come across.

I have only just started playing the game having came from DotA 2. Im a 5k MMR player so of a higher skill cap but I wanted to try something new. I was invited by a friend to play 'IC' and to my suprise a DC game that I managed to actually like other than the likes of Arkham Origins. The biggest issue is I played multiple games against bots to get a grasp of the hero type I wanted to play which turned out to be controller. I like to dictate the tempo of fights and have a huge impact in the outcome of said fights.

I jumped into my first game with a friend against actual players, we won, I exclaimed 'GG' in the chat to be sportsmanlike to the opposing team.

We jumped into yet another game because of our enjoyment of the first. We come across what was most likely a 5 stack of bad mannered Russians (Which reminded me all too well of DotA). They then proceeded to call me every bad name under the sun when I tried my best to gank them and succeed but they went on to win the game and started saying I had problems with my bowels for some strange reason and to quote 'Suk ur mom' which to this day I still have not got a single scooby doo what on earth that means.

I thought to myself, fluke, we'll never come across another bunch of moronic bad mouthing Russians like that in the next game.. I couldn't have been more wrong.
    Immediately me and my friend in lane were met with a barrage of insults because we were winning the lane pretty handily but the rest of our lanes were losing pretty badly. This turned out to produce a loss for us which gave the opposition the cannon fodder to give us the usual comments of 'Ez' & 'Noob team, die irl' which I can tell you this for a fact, I don't intend on doing so unless I get hit by a bus tomorrow which coincidentally, I have a better chance of happening than revisiting this game. I dont mind the game itself, the game isn't the issue, its incredibly enjoyable, a lot more casual compared to my current experience with DotA but the community behind the game is less to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Darwin_ View Post
    One thing I've noticed about the community in 'IC' is that it by far is one of the most toxic I've ever come across.
    until LoL dies and the community disperses to the interwebs the above statement is metaphysically impossible

I'm sorry to hear that Darwin_, I feel your pain with toxic players. It does seem to be an issue. I think one of the problems is that a sense of sportsmanship and healthy competition hasn't been instilled to the userbase. What I mean by that is that in a game like LoL, where all my friends are bronze 1 and up, I play games with people who have played longer, but for the most part are good sports and have good or decent things to say. When someone does say something mean, it's most of the time a joke, and is reinforced in later chats. This game seems to suffer from an issue of, "hey i win, thus you suck and suck irl" mentality. Seems some people have some issues irl and need to find a better outlet than this game, and stop taking it so seriously. We should enjoy competition, and be good sports whether it was the difference of one tower, or you got snowballed. In any case, I just hope that the community majority can help weed out truly toxic players, and give them some help, without either sides ego's in play. That is all...

Quote Originally Posted by Gruwolf View Post
    until LoL dies and the community disperses to the interwebs the above statement is metaphysically impossible

Hon is still the king of the worst community ever, period.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/JestersmilesStream

http://www.twitch.tv/jestersmiles

R.I.P Main AD Harley Main tank API Back Up Tank Atomic Green lantern

Main Bruiser Super Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Jestersmiles View Post
    Surprised there even a taunt feature in the game in the first place, everyone so worried about being "PC" and "hurting" people feeling surprised they even added that.

AS for taunting, I don't even bother, I tried to mostly just stay quite and play the game. Not going to risk hurting some ones precious feelings over a video and get reported, because you know ...video games are a serious business.

Man I miss the 90's when people had spines.........
    You know the definition of "taunt", right? The aim is to hurt someone's feelings. Just wanted to point out that taunting is less risk, more intention...

Quote Originally Posted by Jestersmiles View Post
    And those "kids" are probably the worst offenders of taunting lol ^ ^
    You'd be pretty right about that I think.
    Last edited by RedBrigade; 08-02-2014 at 09:47 PM.

i just had a player call me f bomb bad and laugh at me after i repeatly told him i was disabled and doing my best i get it im not great but don't laugh at me i am honestly geting close to quiting and ive put 20 bucks into this game

just to follow up game savant just spent ahour of his time teaching me how everything works stuff the toutoal should teach and doesnt ive been playing almost 2 mionths and i didnt know this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ToriPagac View Post
    just to follow up game savant just spent ahour of his time teaching me how everything works stuff the toutoal should teach and doesnt ive been playing almost 2 mionths and i didnt know this stuff
    There's loads of stuff that isn't explained in the current tutorials (official ones). iirc there is a whole new, improved, deep and wide, set of tutorials coming in Sept (?) update.

I hope to learn more too. So much to know in this game and I STILL cannot help "right clicking" to attack instead of the "mouse-pointer-drone-hover-shoot" method the game uses. (sigh)
    "C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. C'est de la folie."
    ("It is magnificent, but it is not war. It is madness.")

~ French Marshal Pierre Bosquet ~

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
    There's loads of stuff that isn't explained in the current tutorials (official ones). iirc there is a whole new, improved, deep and wide, set of tutorials coming in Sept (?) update.

I hope to learn more too. So much to know in this game and I STILL cannot help "right clicking" to attack instead of the "mouse-pointer-drone-hover-shoot" method the game uses. (sigh)
    I right click to attack too. I also *GASP* USE NO SMART CASTING. I KNOW, HIDE YOURSELF FROM MY WICKEDNESS.

That said, if someone's being a jerk, make sure you use the in-game report system and report them after the match. Also remember that you can type /ignore <ProtectorName> to immediately squelch someone for the match. Very handy.
    Seraphina Brennan -- Community Manager, Infinite Crisis
    ""For hearts long lost and full of fright / For those alone in Blackest Night. / Accept our ring and join our fight / Love conquers all with violet light!""

Roles: Jungle/Assassin, Marksman, and sometimes Controller. Mains: Gaslight Catwoman, Mecha Wonder Woman, Gaslight Batman, Nightmare Robin, Nightmare Superman, Poison Ivy, Atomic Poison Ivy.