Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Sportsmanship in IC

Just don't do it.
    When someone gets like that, I go from zero to Atrocitus in less than half a second.

And you can be guaranteed I will report the **** out of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
    For the vast majority of matches the players on both teams are "nice". Only a few taunt and only a few harass their own team. Most will type GG WP at the end of match. Some just leave without comments so they can re-list for another match faster which is fine too.

There is a fine line between a "taunt, tease, jest and outright nasty comment". It's really not a good spot to clutter up the chat with your own team taking up strategy messages. I don't know how to block /ALL but no doubt that block will happen someday.

anecdote:

The other night in a match we were getting whomped. One of the more experienced players posted "sweep bottom hang on at top". I was at top solo when 4 opposing players showed up so I posted back: "sweep faster - get a bigger broom".
    many of the "taunters" however don't seem to get the line between "you mother is a snowblower" and "your mothers done every player in the nfl , if she hasn't your father has!"

thats kinda the difference with many not grasping the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by hammerreborn View Post
    Completely off topic.

Do you make new accounts or do you just get a name change causing your post count to reset?
    I've changed my name and my post count has persisted.

Quote Originally Posted by IC_ElectricLeo View Post
    Quoted for truth.
    Being a tagged player and playing wayyy too much everyday, i think I've been in these scenarios too many times, and too many times I've had to deal with such people typing stupid stuff in all chat, cos they kill me, then start the fake or bought account allegations...then the #NOOB stuff....then my team joins in...all sorts of stuff...

Basically as in the quote I tend to turn on Spotify to full volume, put some interesting article or stream on my tablet and watch that whilst completely ignoring chat.

In the end, lobby always has #Respect all over the place, so I couldn't care less about what was said during the game.

But props to RisenStar for having that attitude, it's the way to go mate

Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dannin View Post
    many of the "taunters" however don't seem to get the line between "you mother is a snowblower" and "your mothers done every player in the nfl , if she hasn't your father has!"

The only taunts I find remotely funny are the universe related ones. Like a bad batman being told his skill is why YOUR PARENTS ARE DEAD!!

Still a jerk thing to say, but hilarious.
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

You stay classy Ron Burgandy

Quote Originally Posted by Dannin View Post
    I'd say the difference isn't as great as you might think. For someone who isn't good at the game, every taunt, no matter how mild, adds to the frustration pretty equally and pretty significantly. I say this as someone who is pretty bad at the game. I play, I enjoy the game itself, but as a player who isn't that great, no taunt is fun, and even mild ones are a disincentive to keep playing. The learning process is a long one for MOBAs, and many experienced players seem to overestimate their actual tolerance and politeness levels.

"I'm a positive player, I don't yell at anyone... except, of course, people just feeding. I mean, come on, right?" Folks who claim to be nice people have said things like that. Another way to say that is, "A new MOBA player is going to experience me as a very toxic person."

Nice concept Floon.

The question you have to ask yourself when you taunt is what is your goal? If you want to rub the other players face in the fact they were outplayed you are better off just /taunting, less offensive, or staying quiet.
    If the goal is to be funny it should be funny to all and not at the expense of others. The thing with comedy though is it isn't universal. When I played League I used to play a lot of Rammus and when I landed a particularly good taunt I would enter into the chat one of the taunts from the French soldier in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Apparently there are still people in this world that have not seen that movie and took the wacky insults to heart. Including one gentleman who became very irate after being told to go "boil his bottoms" and being accused of being "the son of a silly person."
    After that I stopped because obviously it was not having the desired effect and it seemed to be humorous to only me. Bottom line taunts are more likely to ruin team synergy than be helpful in anyway. And /taunt exists so use that if you really want to rub it in.

Thats the thing. I use it to grab attention. To get people to chase me. Some time people know not to chase the flash. But what about when you dance right outside the range of there attack?

Now like I said I am not pro or con for taunts. Its a very middle ground as I use it for a strategy. But I know many don't use it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearsss View Post
    Thats the thing. I use it to grab attention. To get people to chase me. Some time people know not to chase the flash. But what about when you dance right outside the range of there attack?

Now like I said I am not pro or con for taunts. Its a very middle ground as I use it for a strategy. But I know many don't use it that way.
    Id say that is two things,

One. Awesome, There has to be a distinction between being toxix by trolling in all chat. And another for using your in-game taunt as it was ment to be.

And two, Welcome back Bearsssszszszz.