Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Promotion

Promotion

I'm unsure if someone has made a similar post yet, too busy to go through all the forum.

However I noticed there's two posts, not one...two, just about the NA monthly finals on the client news, and I've literally never seen one about the EU ones, as if EU doesn't exist?

Now not to sound bad mannered, but after all the "we will treat everyone equally when it comes to toxicity and ban situations"
    does that mean the equality applies only for when u need to ban someone, but when its about treating everyone equal in general
    situations it doesn't apply?

I'd really like a dev's reaction to this.

Re: Promotion

There is a logic misstep in here somewhere, I think. Players equality and marketing are two highly different things. The winners of the NA finals should be treated the same as the EU winners, and all players for that matter, and I'm pretty sure they are. Now, the choice to have NA monthly finals on the client was most likely a marketing play. I'm not sure what you're talking about, but even if they list the team names it's not "inequality," it's Turbine deciding what will help grow the game the most. We can debate what would be better, but in the end they have the data and we're just players.

Turbine are from NA and they know the EU players would show them up, skill level much higher

You say marketing, but marketing is about attracting more people towards your product, now if your product is widespread over the world and quality is shown in more than one area, then why not advertise all of the sectors that are giving results.

Hence ? : http://gyazo.com/9b88032e83a6855f9cc3bc9618254772

Why not even a SINGLE promotion for EU?

I mean, one could imply why would US care about EU, in the same sense however why would I care about NA in the same way.

Like I said, we can theorize all we want. It might seem obvious to you that promoting in EU would make sense, but we're running off of "common sense" alone, with absolutely no data to back anything up.

Now that you've linked what you're talking about, it's pretty trivial. I'd bet they just had two NA stories this week.

There's an EU story too tho, because with 4 weeks to go on qualifiers, there's no way possible for any of the top 4 to be reached, meaning all 4 teams are confirmed, yet i guess no one cares.

Director of Publishing - Infinite Crisis IC_Burbunny's Avatar

We value all of our scenes equally. We try to provide even coverage for North America and Europe on the forums, launcher, and via social media. Currently, we have events scheduled in North America, while some European events are still in the planning phase – which is why you see a more focused promotion on the upcoming North American Go4 Monthly Finals. We equally promote via social our Go4 Cups in North America and in Europe every week.

As an example for when we focused on EU and not NA, Infinite Crisis was at the European event Dreamhack Summer in June and the exhibition matches between Na'Vi and Dignitas were promoted heavily – and since there were no events on the North American side – our focus via forums, launcher, and social were on the DHS event.
    Christina "Burbunny" Alejandre
    Director of Publishing - Infinite Crisis

Visit www.infinitecrisis.com for Infinite Crisis updates and content right meow!

If your pants are on fire, being a liar seems less important.

Director of Publishing - Infinite Crisis IC_Burbunny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tSpark View Post
    There's an EU story too tho, because with 4 weeks to go on qualifiers, there's no way possible for any of the top 4 to be reached, meaning all 4 teams are confirmed, yet i guess no one cares.
    There will be articles as we lead up into the finals on September 20th. We're a bit too far away to put them out now.
    Christina "Burbunny" Alejandre
    Director of Publishing - Infinite Crisis

Visit www.infinitecrisis.com for Infinite Crisis updates and content right meow!

If your pants are on fire, being a liar seems less important.

Quote Originally Posted by IC_Burbunny View Post
    There will be articles as we lead up into the finals on September 20th. We're a bit too far away to put them out now.
    As Burbunny just noted, yes, we have a plan to add in more articles for the EU eSports scene leading up for their finals and major events too.

The eSports promotion articles are relatively new and still something we're getting into the pattern for. FordyTwo and I really want to keep doing more of them though, and that includes articles directed at the EU scene.
    Seraphina Brennan -- Community Manager, Infinite Crisis
    ""For hearts long lost and full of fright / For those alone in Blackest Night. / Accept our ring and join our fight / Love conquers all with violet light!""

Roles: Jungle/Assassin, Marksman, and sometimes Controller. Mains: Gaslight Catwoman, Mecha Wonder Woman, Gaslight Batman, Nightmare Robin, Nightmare Superman, Poison Ivy, Atomic Poison Ivy.

See Tsparkerino they still like us XD

Just have a little patience... and in the worst case scenario you get a free Hug at Esl Cologne from me?!?!
    Dont tell me the World doesnt looks 10x times better now XD

If you need special content we could dress up as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles without a reason and you interview us XD
    If we are boring we atleast look funny Hohohoho