Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Scheduled Maintenance: Wednesday, July 30th

Hail Protectors!

On Wednesday, July 30th, the European and Russian shards will be unavailable from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) as we conduct maintenance. The North American server will remain up and online as this work is completed, but our website logins and referral will be unavailable.

Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you back in the Lost Sectors soon!
    Last edited by Celestrata; 07-29-2014 at 10:21 AM.
    Seraphina Brennan -- Community Manager, Infinite Crisis
    "Have you learned your lesson yet, mortal?" -- Nightmare Catwoman

Roles: Jungle/Assassin, Marksman, and sometimes Controller. Mains: Gaslight Catwoman, Mecha Wonder Woman, Gaslight Batman, Nightmare Robin, Nightmare Superman, Poison Ivy, Atomic Poison Ivy.

Re: Scheduled Maintenance: Wednesday, July 30th

cccceggggggggggggggggggg

I cant log in

are you merging the europe and russian servers? it only says "europe/Russia" in the server select box, instead of 2 different options

Smart choice to merge the Servers together Thumbs up from me !
    Let's see if our pings stay as good as before ^^

Providing Harmony ItsThatAsianBoy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matthewb969 View Post
    are you merging the europe and russian servers? it only says "europe/Russia" in the server select box, instead of 2 different options
    Seems so.
    Just had a game with nothing but Russian people and me.

i would to love to say i'm happy with this...but i'm not!At first i was eager to see the difference in queue times and how Russians players play, but after a few hours of playing i feel really frustrated.The queues really are lower but-in my opinion-a huge part of a MOBA game is the communication and in all fairness 80% of the Russian players (i've played with today) didn't speak English.Of course there are other ways to communicate and smart pings usually do the trick but if you want a more specific information to get through the team you have to use team chat.

Don't get me wrong please, i'm not being hateful towards the Russian community, i'm just expressing my opinion after 4-5 hours playing after this fusion.Even tough i understand the need to merge two servers to get as many players as possible,in order to get lower queue times(which was a pretty nice improvement tbh)i can't say that this was 100% right decision, mainly because of the language barrier and secondly because most Russian players complained about their ping(those who spoke English)...i don't know if this is a permanent decision but -personally-i rather have the longer queue times...

(maybe this is not the right thread to post this but i just had to share my frustration somewhere...) xD

Problem is, you can't even try to understand what they are saying because they use cyrillic XD. I don't know much German or French but I can detect key words in the sentence and try to understand what they say, but I can't do the same with Russians.

Oh and I didn't notice a reduction of queue times in GD, but in GH they are 1-3 minutes at most.

Providing Harmony ItsThatAsianBoy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalliK View Post
    i would to love to say i'm happy with this...but i'm not!At first i was eager to see the difference in queue times and how Russians players play, but after a few hours of playing i feel really frustrated.The queues really are lower but-in my opinion-a huge part of a MOBA game is the communication and in all fairness 80% of the Russian players (i've played with today) didn't speak English.Of course there are other ways to communicate and smart pings usually do the trick but if you want a more specific information to get through the team you have to use team chat.

Don't get me wrong please, i'm not being hateful towards the Russian community, i'm just expressing my opinion after 4-5 hours playing after this fusion.Even tough i understand the need to merge two servers to get as many players as possible,in order to get lower queue times(which was a pretty nice improvement tbh)i can't say that this was 100% right decision, mainly because of the language barrier and secondly because most Russian players complained about their ping(those who spoke English)...i don't know if this is a permanent decision but -personally-i rather have the longer queue times...

(maybe this is not the right thread to post this but i just had to share my frustration somewhere...) xD
    Completely agree.
    Right now the only way to communicate is through pings and even then sometimes they don't respond.
    I hope that in the future they more ways to communicatw like better pings and a way to show which lane you're going to go to on the champion select.

I had a game where no one knrw where anyone went, I had a GL go top along with Superman, I had a MWW go mid, I was solo bot against Joker and WW.
    I lost my lane hard because I couldn't communicate and because no one knew what was going on.

But we won in the end and to be honest, I'd take short queue times and bad communication over 20 minute queues.
    I queued for literally 3 seconds and I found a game, this is for GD; like in this game that's unheard of.

Was MMR turned off? Im lvl 35 and im playing with lowlevels, in last match ive played with lvl 9s. Is it some bug or what? Its not fun, they dont even know what role to pick and what items to buy. I see blasters going top, bruisiers going mid, support laning with bruisiers, adcs going solo - i think you get my point, its noobcity and when 60% of them dont understand English i cannot even guide them.