Problems with Solo Lane Brusier Robin

Robin is classified as a brusier but I feel like his kit should be changed. While he does has enough damage to be a brusier most of his skills force him to go into the jungle or a duo lane but as a brusier he should be able to be played in a solo lane.

His passive, "This Guy", is perfect for a brusier because the damage scales off of health.

His Q, "Vault Kick", is a great gap closer only if you use it with his W, "Bo Master". Without his W, Vault Kick can be used for poke damage only if the opponent isn't standing behind minions.

His W, "Bo Master", is a amazing for chasing enemies down but it only lasts four seconds so if Robin can't deal enough damage in that time, the enemy escapes and you may have used up 3/4 of your skills for no reason. It does have damage reflect but if you are chasing someone down, they most likely won't attack you.

His E, "Dynamic Duo", has lifesteal that can be used in the jungle or fights but if you aren't jungling, most of the time you are going to use it to escape or combo with Bo Master to chase an enemy.

His R, "Emergent Leader", knocks back everyone including his target which makes no sense. The skill should be used in the beginning or middle of a fight because of the damage it grants but when you use it at that point, it knocks the target away from you, giving them a chance to escape. So the only viable way of using the skill is to either use it as a finisher or use it while you are with another champion.

As a brusier, Robin should be able to be played as a solo laner but when he is played as a solo lane champion, his passive is only good move, his Q needs his W or it will get blocked by minions, his W is only useful as a slow, his E will be used with his W to chase, and his R lets gives his target a chance to escape.

I'm not saying that Robin shouldn't be a jungler or a duo laner but he should be able to be a solo laner as well like other brusiers.
    Last edited by Doublenyher; 07-31-2014 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Volandum corrected some mistakes I had on "This Guy!" and "Bo Master"

Protector

Re: Problems with Solo Lane Brusier Robin

You can trigger your own This Guy!, both the one you proc with an auto and the one you proc with Q. Bo Master lasts for 4 seconds, and applies a 2 second slow so you can benefit from it for up to 6 seconds.

Please make sure you understand his skills first.

I swear when he came out his champ spotlight said he was a tanky melee support, they even said to get amulet of ISIS and one of the gambits on him, I have honestly never seen solo lane robin unless its a bot game. to use his ult effectively you can buy the speed force battery and activate it to get behind the guy then ult him backwards fallow up with vault kick and who ever you hit should die especially in team fights

Quote Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
    You can trigger your own This Guy!, both the one you proc with an auto and the one you proc with Q. Bo Master lasts for 4 seconds, and applies a 2 second slow so you can benefit from it for up to 6 seconds.

Please make sure you understand his skills first.
    I'm Sorry. I don't like to misinform people. The explanation for "This Guy!" is really confusing at first glance since it says "the next allied champion" instead of "Robin or the next allied champion". After looking at "Bo Master" again, I can confirm that it lasts four seconds but you can only benefit for four seconds because it only stacks two seconds of slow twice. I'll correct the original post with this information.

Protector

Thank you for correcting. I was a bit brusque, I apologise. (Note that subsequent autoattack hits during Bo Master will refresh the slow.)

Most people don't expect to 100-0 people in a single engagement, Robin actually has more sticking power than someone like Superman. If you are duelling an enemy AD champion a lot of your power comes from the Attack Reflect on W (also R works on creeps, so if you can get beyond the enemy and knock them into your creeps you can really turn a duel). I do feel though that Robin's numbers are definitely lacking for duelling compared with other AD bruisers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosanderman View Post
    I swear when he came out his champ spotlight said he was a tanky melee support, they even said to get amulet of ISIS and one of the gambits on him, I have honestly never seen solo lane robin unless its a bot game. to use his ult effectively you can buy the speed force battery and activate it to get behind the guy then ult him backwards fallow up with vault kick and who ever you hit should die especially in team fights
    It's because he actually was a melee support. He was released as a Controller and scaled off Will, but Turbine abruptly changed him into a Bruiser with very lack luster scaling. For example his slow percentage, This Guy!, and ult scaled off will, and his Q was 100% of his AD rather than the 65% now.

Right now he's stuck in limbo, as his scaling are bad. However, I do think people are sleeping on him as he is still very good, just a niche type pick.
    Last edited by TeaSeeOh; 07-31-2014 at 10:17 PM.