Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Discussing Up's and Down's of the EU+Russian Server Merge

First of all, I'd like to point out that I was very happy about the merge, seeing as the online playerbase increased exponentially.

However there are a few things that could be implemented that could help greatly.

Most importantly, I feel and know it isn't too hard to implement, but an in-game auto-translator should be included, most Russians I have met since the merge either don't understand or refuse to communicate in English. And when one tries, it is not understandable for the most time.

Secondly from the couple solo queue experiences I've had I can see that the Russian player base is very young in terms of MOBA knowledge and somewhat immature as well.

Especially in the last game I had this morning, I had a 4 man pre-made Russian team, they didn't communicate at all in lobby, then went with 4 people into 1 lane, pushed 1 turret, then proceeded to go 0-15 in about 9 min, one afk'd the rest kept dying, whilst i farmed one lane on my peaceful island not giving a care in the world, then bang on 15 min mark instant 15 min surrender.

Hence if games are gonna be like this I would suggest that the surrender function be moved to the 20 min mark at least or the MMR changes need fixing...fast :|

Nevertheless There will always be young players in the game, and teaching them is something I don't mind, however I don't speak Russian, so the chat auto-translator would be a bomb
    Last edited by tSpark; 07-31-2014 at 03:50 AM.
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,

No evil shall escape my sight.

Let those who worship evil's might

Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!"

Re: Discussing Up's and Down's of the EU+Russian Server Merge

You pretty much summed up my thoughts on the situation; probably with a lot more diplomacy than I am capable of.

The Russian players ive encountered have, like you said, been unable but in most cases unwilling to communicate in English unless its to flame.

The positive to all this of course is massively reduced queue times which is great but I fear at a far greater cost than myself and a few friends who play are willing to put up with.

Considering Harmony Myrddraal87's Avatar

I don't like it.

The queue times for me haven't changed at all, and in return we now have people unable to communicate with each other in a team based game. I love the game and have no problems with long queues, or no new champions till September ect, but this may be what drives me and my brother to another game. Unfortunate really.

Protector

I don't like it , either . These guys are so ignorant that now I'm willing to stop playing . I didnt mind the long queue times , and I want to be able to communicate in English and I am tired of reading "pizdec", "suka" etc. This is just day 1 ....

Good thing is you get to learn Russian!

Communication can be frustrating however have you ever considered that russian players might feel exactely the same way about you guys? why dont you speak russian? Noy saying you should, just trying to show that russians aren't the problem here, it is just the way things are just now.

Any other game with similar community being merged you can get by so why not here?... I havent had any problem so far, but that's not saying the way it is now is perfect.

Hey guys!

So we're sensitive to the fact that it's difficult to play with members of another language when not everyone speaks a common tongue. I think the NA players could probably tell you a few stories regarding Brazilians.

As you brought up earlier in your post, the ping system is a great way to communicate across language barriers. It's important to use those to your advantage in a match, as well as common terms that seem to flow across all languages (top, mid, bot, gank inc, etc.)

An auto-translator, while a neat idea, isn't exactly the quickest thing that could be implemented. It would take some time to get something iike that and, from our end, we'd like to have it cover more than just Russian to English. (It would be great if it could cover all languages.)

But, perhaps additional pings would help solve the issue?
    Seraphina Brennan -- Community Manager, Infinite Crisis
    ""For hearts long lost and full of fright / For those alone in Blackest Night. / Accept our ring and join our fight / Love conquers all with violet light!""

Roles: Jungle/Assassin, Marksman, and sometimes Controller. Mains: Gaslight Catwoman, Mecha Wonder Woman, Gaslight Batman, Nightmare Robin, Nightmare Superman, Poison Ivy, Atomic Poison Ivy.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata View Post

I'd love to see additional pings and I think more people will totally agree on this
    Streamer, shoutcaster and ESL Admin for Infinite Crisis

I also love taco's.

*Twitter

*Stream

Hey guys!

So we're sensitive to the fact that it's difficult to play with members of another language when not everyone speaks a common tongue. I think the NA players could probably tell you a few stories regarding Brazilians.

As you brought up earlier in your post, the ping system is a great way to communicate across language barriers. It's important to use those to your advantage in a match, as well as common terms that seem to flow across all languages (top, mid, bot, gank inc, etc.)

An auto-translator, while a neat idea, isn't exactly the quickest thing that could be implemented. It would take some time to get something iike that and, from our end, we'd like to have it cover more than just Russian to English. (It would be great if it could cover all languages.)

The additional ping input to the game is a must what ever the language number in the server. But still i hope that this merge is a temporary nesesity till the player pool starts to grow a bit.
    The thing i don't get though is why a comunist country has so many bad players in a team oriented game...

Additional pings for "enemy's missing" and "on the way" or "im engaging" would be nice.

One With Starro CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Hey guys!

Or a mouse wheel selection of commands. Sorta like that in mass effect (in terms of design). So like shift would pop up the wheel, and you can choose from attack, retreat, mia etc. And then click the location/player icon.

Also Celes can you check your pm for my latest question =P. Thx.
    Last edited by hammerreborn; 07-31-2014 at 01:31 PM.
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

You stay classy Ron Burgandy