Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: Discussing Up's and Down's of the EU+Russian Server Merge

Quote Originally Posted by H2k_tSpark· View Post
    First of I'd have to point out the last page or so of comments is just pure disgusting in how racist the comments became.
    We don't seem to agree on much, but I'm 100% with you here.

I understand the frustration of not being able to communicate with team mates (it annoys me very much as well), but that's really not their fault. The merger was done because of queue purposes, and believe it or not, the players had no say in this. And asking people to speak English, when it's obvious that they don't know it, is stupid. They're not gonna learn it for this game.

How many matches has anyone here played since the merger? How many players could you have met and how many of them would've been Russian? Maybe 20? 50? Is that a high enough number to decide that "all Russians are bad"?

There are a lot of players simply not saying anything in the game, going about their business, being pretty much useless and they were here long before the EU/RU merger and nobody raged this hard.

I dislike decisions that seem to only take queue time in consideration, but there's no reason to display intolerance toward other players, most of whom you've never even played with yet.

To be completely fair a lot of the gameplay related things being said about Russians can be said about the rest of the community as well. Like others already said,not communicating or listening to others, being pretty much useless, playing selfishly, losing by taking decisions and doing things that make you look like a feeder... these things have been present from before merge.

Yes language barrier and negative attitude is a problem. I have played with quite a few Russian players that only communicated with other Russians and played badly. But I have also played with plenty of Russians who coordinated pretty well using pings and gave me some awesome games. On the other hand I have played with English speaking players that only raged, spammed and accused in chat.

Some even do it when playing against the AI! They can be hilarious... like get a kill in front of them and they'll keep typing KS over and over and run away from you after a while. They rage at newbies for tower diving... yeah that's a stupid thing to do but they've just started playing this game that has no proper tutorial... cut them some slack.

Mind you the number of English speaking Russian players is indeed pretty low so communication barrier is a valid problem. But it's not the end of the world if you keep in mind how hard it can be to communicate with the non-Russians as well and how unhelpful and overly competitive they can be.

In the end... maybe we need more pings and we need to teach players how to use them properly.

Considering Harmony

Not sure if Sparks was pointint to some of my posts but here goes.
    Not sure what I wrote could be seen as racist, I said the russians who either refuse to write in english or just answer that they don't want to write in english are annoying, yes there can be russians who don't understand english but for those who do and still refuse they are the ones i'm talking about, also in one of the first pages of this thread a guy wrote maybe we should russian instead of them english, to that I wrote was ignit cause english is used between countries to communicate on a global scale.
    I'd like to finish off by adding that I never say all russians are bad, I said several times i've met a few cool ones and that Galaktuss is one of them, but the rest have, at least those I played with, been unwilling to write in english by saying it themselves, made a little 'team russia' and gone to play in their own way which doesn't always benefit the team, refused to help etc etc, maybe i'm unlucky but about 85% of my experience with russian players on my team have been bad for several reasons and I wouldn't mind getting rid of them.
    Maybe they can let us define the search a little, maybe add a little 'do you speak english' option and if you tick that you queue up with others who did the same, if not you queue up with those who did that, that way the non english speaking russians can meet up easier while the rest of us and the english speaking russians can meet up, win-win for both parties.

Considering Harmony KamyKaze1098's Avatar

Meh. I just got to a point I can't even play this game anymore. No one in my team comunicates. Not even calling SS. When someone talks is russian giberish...
    Just went AFK last game and no motivation to keep playing like this...
    Enemy team talked with me more than my own team...

In case no one noticed yet Russian say ss as CC.

Considering Harmony KamyKaze1098's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unilord View Post
    In case no one noticed yet Russian say ss as CC.
    I don't even get taht. Either complete silence or russian talk

And here i am from Russia with love ))
    Yes, my name is Ivan, and i am totally Russian from the side of nationality)
    I`ve read all the thread before my answer. I do not want to write a lot, but here is the summary:

1. THANKS a LOT for those of you, who didnt divide us in some specific frames. Because almost of you pointing at some things as at national one, but it is not true. It is the common thing in the matters of misscommunication.
    2. There were a really true words about our kids, who are in the game and who are aggressive and else. It is a pity, but i was really surprized myself with ****ty words in chat. But i am sure, it is not a nationality problem - it is a problem of all young or non-educated people accross the world.
    3. I am bilingual. But can you imagine, how i feel, when i have english and russian - speaking players in my team? It is a very fast game, i just cant switch my keaboard from english to cyrillic and back all the time. i`ll be killed by enemies. That is why i am looking through the game: sometimes the team is playing without a chat at all, and the game tactic is ok - so i am playing without a word. Sometimes there are very stupid english-speaking playes - then i speak in Russian to make team moovements. And sometimes it is the opposite situation. So you can see, it is a little bit complicated, and not the all the time, when your russian partner keep silence, he is stupid) may be you are?))
    4. This will be very interesting for you, guys: a lot of russian players (not the newby, not the pro, just players) think, that you, europeans, are very scary to die. Even when your death will help to the team. Dont contrargue me with words about feeding, i am just telling you the opinion. And i am among it (not in all the cases of course). In the situation, when we should make fight on some point for the purposes to tie an enemy champs up with us, while our partners keep winning strategically, eropeans (not all, i double it) just run out from the battle with half line of health) and then yelling, that we are feeding.. of course feeding, without your support they killed us in a second. Yeah, i know, you think, there is no chance to win this local fight and then leave. But first: your partner was counting on you; the second: try to look strategically - may be your future death after long fight and long running hunting will help your team in common. I am not a seroleveldying gamer, but frequently i am the best with score even with more, then several deaths, and my team won.
    As about our thought about your scaring of death we had even a proverb on that case - "i can`t go on scouting with him" ))
    5. The strategy of play between Russian and you is somethimes different. We like agressive game, fight, blood, kills and deaths) we are not against the situation, when both party are well upgrated because of a lot of death. I am not saying from all, and i am not saying, this is the all-russian-players tactic, you we just fighting everytime till death. But the differences is exist. So, when you play Italian catenaccho, we play Brasilian "i will score you more, then you will score me" ) and be sure, this game has a tactics schemes too)))
    6. It is my first MOBA game. and i am not good in it. But i am already have several european friends here. And i am glad, when i can see, that people are not making a decision about Russians in common on the facts of some stupid behaviour. When they know, that it is not the national feature, just this person.

At last i want to say, that i am glad about a merge of servers. I really am. It is great to share the emotions internationally!
    And THANKS to all the thread writers: you were great with your opinions - noone wasnt looked like racist. Thank you!

Peace from Ivan, Russia.

P.S. sorry for my grammar mistakes and not correct wording.
    Last edited by Voodooivan; 09-08-2014 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KamyKaze1098 View Post
    I don't even get taht. Either complete silence or russian talk
    I got complete silence before the merge all the time.