Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Discussing Up's and Down's of the EU+Russian Server Merge

As I've written in diffrent thread additional pings will not help much. Now there is no communication even at champion picking phase. I've seen people going solo top with adcs and blasters, mid with brusiers, laning support + bruiser. Just bring back mmr so lowlevels would not play with highlevels. At this stage game become unplayable without fullpremade.

Quote Originally Posted by rebuzus View Post
    As I've written in diffrent thread additional pings will not help much. Now there is no communication even at champion picking phase. I've seen people going solo top with adcs and blasters, mid with brusiers, laning support + bruiser. Just bring back mmr so lowlevels would not play with highlevels. At this stage game become unplayable without fullpremade.
    With the addition of the RU server into the EU server, the MMR will eventually shake out and fall in a much better place. This is something that's most certainly going to improve with time.

Additionally, not to beat a dead horse, but the September Update is aimed at providing a better training experience to all protectors. This is absolutely something we're actively tackling.

That said, the meta is what you make of it. I've done a marksman solo lane before and it succeeded because I personally made sure that I didn't die and I kept my farm up. It gave me a ton more exp and credits than my lane opponents. Is it a strategy everyone can implement successfully? Probably not.

Have I faced a bruiser in the mid before? Yep. Did I get rocked? Yep. It was different enough to really upset the lane and provide an advantage to my opponent. Will it always work? Perhaps not.

Those types of strategy choices aren't something we should squash down. Experimentation is good, and may lead to a new style of play for our game. Look at Team C's very successful "Bleed Portal Commander" strategy.
    Seraphina Brennan -- Community Manager, Infinite Crisis
    "Have you learned your lesson yet, mortal?" -- Nightmare Catwoman

Roles: Jungle/Assassin, Marksman, and sometimes Controller. Mains: Gaslight Catwoman, Mecha Wonder Woman, Gaslight Batman, Nightmare Robin, Nightmare Superman, Poison Ivy, Atomic Poison Ivy.

I agree with the suggestion of improving the ping system, however I feel the auto translator should at least be planned a bit later on, maybe 1-2 years down the pipeline.
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,

No evil shall escape my sight.

Let those who worship evil's might

Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!"

yeah because random people in queue always folow up the pings...tbh random people ignore the pings most of the time and they will always do what ever they want so you can add what ever pings you want the problem is not the game is the russians they are to hard headed to understand moba mechanics..if you dont believe me look at dota2 they have the same problems with russians and they made a server special for them..but even so that didnt completly solved the problem....give a player low skills and no english and u will see the common russian player ...you cant talk to them..you cant explain to them .
    ‎"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."
    ”I am always doing things I can't do, that's how I get to do them.”

http://twitch.tv/johnatel

Pings is putting a plaster on a gaping wound.

I have never experienced the amount of AFKers as I have today and from what I can tell (by usernames) they have all been Russian.

Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Wow...there's a lot of hate in this thread for our RU friends.
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

You stay classy Ron Burgandy

Considering Harmony Myrddraal87's Avatar

I have no problem with Russians, my problem is not being able to communicate with my team properly. I'm sure the Russians feel the same.

Hates a strong word, I see no hate in here at all just opinions based on the facts we have and the experiences we have been through.

Please check your hyperbole in at the door.

Heya, so since the patch i have not experienced one decent round of Gotham Divided. Either some of the team was speaking only cyrillic and doing whatever they wanted to do with no real sense or the enemy team did play so chaotic and ganky from beginning that it makes not much fun at the moment.

Hmmmm additional pings would there be a "Look theirs the guy responsible for robin , KILL HIM!" ping by any chance?