Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Discussing Up's and Down's of the EU+Russian Server Merge

Something is wrong with this merger. Got 2 games in a row now, where all the after match stats were red lines with no info, got no merit, no exp, nothing. It even scared me the last time because it said 0 Level on my account and no experience. Rebooted the game and voila, got my stats, level back. But have not acquired the gained Exp and Merit from the last two games...feeling cheated

Protector

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata View Post
    Hey guys!

So we're sensitive to the fact that it's difficult to play with members of another language when not everyone speaks a common tongue. I think the NA players could probably tell you a few stories regarding Brazilians.

As you brought up earlier in your post, the ping system is a great way to communicate across language barriers. It's important to use those to your advantage in a match, as well as common terms that seem to flow across all languages (top, mid, bot, gank inc, etc.)

An auto-translator, while a neat idea, isn't exactly the quickest thing that could be implemented. It would take some time to get something iike that and, from our end, we'd like to have it cover more than just Russian to English. (It would be great if it could cover all languages.)

But, perhaps additional pings would help solve the issue?
    Does Turbine have a problem with brazilian players ?

Extra pings would be nice but even better to add some text that goes with the pings because you cant always know what the pings are for, so some text would help especially if you can select the language output for the strings and that each ping means the same in each language.

And just for consideration:

Players from other countries that are not Anglophone (English speaking more or less) do not always use the same alphabet. Russians and others use Cyrillic and their keyboard layout is not the same as the QWERTY keyboard so they can't even type letters by rote. Other countries have it even worse like Chinese.

So, it's not a matter of not trying so much as they cannot even type to you in any meaningful way.

If you want to try to type in Russian to them you can flip your keyboard to Cyrillic and give it a go... but once you flip your keyboard and language - you better figure out the right words to flip it back... it won't be in English anymore - btdt.

"C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. C'est de la folie."
    ("It is magnificent, but it is not war. It is madness.")

~ French Marshal Pierre Bosquet ~

Chry, I'm not saying it's a bad idea, however you're suggesting a translational ping, to all languages, might as well just add an auto-translator into chat and make the added pings simple. would be way less hassle.
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,

No evil shall escape my sight.

Let those who worship evil's might

Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!"

why servers merged?

Hi Ic comunity.
    I'd like to adress you a question .

Why did the server EU and Russia one got combined?
    I see everytime lot of russians abusing the non rusian people .
    How are they doing that?
    They first of all talk in their leanguage bad words about other people in their team or the enemy team. They also report people randomly just because they can as a group .
    Also they don't avoid to talk bad things even in english , and when they are more they are abusing their number as russians and moke a person which sometime leads on disturbing the other people in the person's team .

I know it sounds racist but its the true ...
    And I honestly would prefer to wait 10min in queue time than being moked or even worse reported for no reason...

I belive that is not very nice what is happening .
    So I would like to ask : Will you guys consider to revert the servers as they were before ? If not now at last after more players come?

Thank you for reading.
    Peace
    Last edited by Callix; 08-01-2014 at 07:32 AM.

Re: why servers merged?

Be careful you will be accused of racism flippantly if you continue down this route.

I am experiencing much the same - running in to Russian groups of 3-4 then being reported by them if I dont do as they say and the abuse is insane!

Re: why servers merged?

Quote Originally Posted by lronsaint View Post
    Be careful you will be accused of racism flippantly if you continue down this route.

I am experiencing much the same - running in to Russian groups of 3-4 then being reported by them if I dont do as they say and the abuse is insane!
    I dont want to be accused of racism and not to being able tell my opinion.
    It's not my fault if they hate and abuse others...I mean we can't behave like slaves and accept all their insults bcuz we affraid to say our opinion. Hell no that's not gonna happen for a game.
    Everyone must be equal . And I know there are good russian people too.

All I want is to know when is the servers gonna split once again?

P.s : Pls don't transform this thread into a hate thread.
    Last edited by Callix; 08-01-2014 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derfelbr View Post
    Does Turbine have a problem with brazilian players ?
    Heck no! But, unfortunately, one can run into much of the same situation -- being unable to communicate with teammates due to a language barrier. It's much of a frustrating experience for both sides, but one that I've somewhat fixed in the past with a solid use of pings and general phrases.
    Seraphina Brennan -- Community Manager, Infinite Crisis
    "Have you learned your lesson yet, mortal?" -- Nightmare Catwoman

Roles: Jungle/Assassin, Marksman, and sometimes Controller. Mains: Gaslight Catwoman, Mecha Wonder Woman, Gaslight Batman, Nightmare Robin, Nightmare Superman, Poison Ivy, Atomic Poison Ivy.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata View Post
    Heck no! But, unfortunately, one can run into much of the same situation -- being unable to communicate with teammates due to a language barrier. It's much of a frustrating experience for both sides, but one that I've somewhat fixed in the past with a solid use of pings and general phrases.
    Hi there celestrata .
    Thx for merging my thread and sry I didn't found it myself.

I was just wondering if the server will split from Russia one in future when the game get more players

I've faced a few problems communicating with the Russian players so far but IMO the server merge was a good decision.