Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: why servers merged?

Quote Originally Posted by Callix View Post
    Hi Ic comunity.
    I'd like to adress you a question .

Why did the server EU and Russia one got combined?
    I see everytime lot of russians abusing the non rusian people .
    How are they doing that?
    They first of all talk in their leanguage bad words about other people in their team or the enemy team. They also report people randomly just because they can as a group .
    Also they don't avoid to talk bad things even in english , and when they are more they are abusing their number as russians and moke a person which sometime leads on disturbing the other people in the person's team .

I know it sounds racist but its the true ...
    And I honestly would prefer to wait 10min in queue time than being moked or even worse reported for no reason...

I belive that is not very nice what is happening .
    So I would like to ask : Will you guys consider to revert the servers as they were before ? If not now at last after more players come?

Thank you for reading.
    Peace
    But how do you know all that? do you know bad words in russian or anything?
    Because I have no idea what they are talking because cyrillic.

Re: Discussing Up's and Down's of the EU+Russian Server Merge

Quote Originally Posted by Callix View Post
    Hi there celestrata .
    Thx for merging my thread and sry I didn't found it myself.

I was just wondering if the server will split from Russia one in future when the game get more players
    It's certainly a possibility, and one we've discussed, but nothing is set in stone or confirmed yet. It all comes down to making sure that our queue times are good in both EU and RU.
    Seraphina Brennan -- Community Manager, Infinite Crisis
    "Have you learned your lesson yet, mortal?" -- Nightmare Catwoman

Roles: Jungle/Assassin, Marksman, and sometimes Controller. Mains: Gaslight Catwoman, Mecha Wonder Woman, Gaslight Batman, Nightmare Robin, Nightmare Superman, Poison Ivy, Atomic Poison Ivy.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata View Post
    It's certainly a possibility, and one we've discussed, but nothing is set in stone or confirmed yet. It all comes down to making sure that our queue times are good in both EU and RU.
    Ok I hope things will go for better.

Unilord you can know russian urself also if u put the words they write in google translate

Smart-Pings (LOL) + Pre-made messages (Dota 2) is the best way to go.
    - PC -
    PSU: MAXXTRO ATX 450epn12 (450w);
    MOBO: G41M-VS3;
    CPU: Core 2 Quad Q8400 @2.73GHz;
    RAM: Dual-Channel 4GB DDR3;
    GPU: GeForce GTX550 Ti;
    Screen: 1360x768.

You must understand 1 simple thing - at least 70% of russian MOBA players are children about 14-16 years old. They are extremely aggressive and most of them do not speak english at all.
    It's just so, you have to accept it.
    And, to be honest, most of russians don't know english or any other foreign language. It's just useless to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikofaruk View Post
    You must understand 1 simple thing - at least 70% of russian MOBA players are children about 14-16 years old. They are extremely aggressive and most of them do not speak english at all.
    It's just so, you have to accept it.
    And, to be honest, most of russians don't know english or any other foreign language. It's just useless to them.
    Not to sound racist but that's how a lot Russians are no matter how old they are. I know plenty of Russians who are of adult age and play League of Legends. Those guys always opt for the aggressive / troll / bully tactics that are often very stupid and not always very well thought through.
    Last edited by Man_of_KillSteal; 08-01-2014 at 03:21 PM.

Considering Harmony KamyKaze1098's Avatar

I don't like this change too..
    Since it changed in lobby almost no one chooses lane and then game is full of discordinated players who either don't speak in chat or speak in russian.. hard to do a team game like this

At first I was affraid that I was the only one unable to adapt with the russian people...
    I'm a bit relieved to see this wasn't the case just for me .

On a side note I'm really sry to hear you guys have to go throw the same situation as I do ;/
    Last edited by Callix; 08-02-2014 at 04:44 AM.

First of all I'm not saying the merge was the perfect decision, however as of right now, the EU scene needed a boost in players, and the RU was the logical server to merge into ours.

The possibility of re-splitting it, in due time I feel could be an option, however I don't think it would be a positive option. If a community wants to be an accepting and open one, the first thing it needs to do is find a way to accept this change, and see what he or she can do to improve in this change.

Translators have been suggested, as well as smart pings. However people can freely access translators on google and save a couple words like, "go" "no" "mid" and such, to help you communicate in simple ways the same way a lot of people in other european countries that are a bit less english speaking.
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,

No evil shall escape my sight.

Let those who worship evil's might

Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!"

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata View Post
    I think the NA players could probably tell you a few stories regarding Brazilians.

Hell, I'm from Brazil and I can tell a few stories... None good either, during my somewhat long experience playing fps, rts, moba and others these last 14+ years Brazilians banding up in lobbies or mmo servers are rarely decent(The ones that are usually can communicate at least basic information in English and most of the time you rarely notice they're from Brazil.) and the source of the problem is rooted in multiple cultural reasons and there really is no fix to it. It's not just a Babel Tower issue either, it's common to see lot of unprovoked xenophobic insults being hurled around at foreigners and general trolling from Brazilians, also anyone who speaks English ever is a dumb north-american and if you speak portuguese you're automatically their best friend.

The lolbr is indeed a weird creature, I do believe it all comes from a deep inferiority complex regarding international matters and the fact that computers got really really cheap around here a while ago(In fact there was a much maligned "digital inclusion" program from the government to give tech to the lower classes but let's not get political) and no one ever learned how to deal with them or any english. It's probably similar in Russia and I fear there is no solution other than sending the Russian speakers to their own servers, everyone will probably be happier even if the queues are long.