Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I love the game, but I can't recommend it to friends.

At least not in its current state.

I'm relatively new to this game. I'm level 10ish, I think. However, I've not had great experiences thus far and it's really keeping me from playing the game more. I've convinced two friends to play with me, and I'm not sure if that was a good idea.

I'd like to say that I've played Dota, Dota 2, League of Legends, and Smite. So I'm not new to MOBAs entirely is my point. I'm not a pro player by any means, but I do understand the basic strategies. I play most of them daily, and I've been trying to do the same with Infinite Crisis, but I end up getting angry. Here's why:

1. Queue times. My friend and I often queue for Gotham Divided. That's the typical MOBA map style. 3 lanes with jungle inbetween. Towers to destroy and a base to take out causing your team to win. Every MOBA has that and it's familiar and popular. However, the queue times are ridiculous. I've played solo and with both friends. Either times we're waiting an upwards of almost 10 minutes at times. And that's if the first match that pops up actually goes through. The one day my friend and I waited 20 minutes to actually play a game. Then someone dropped out. We stopped playing for the day after that. But when we do get into a match even then there's problems.

2. Matchmaking. I played a match recently and I played Green Lantern mid. I was facing another Green Lantern mid. We bought the same starting items. Nil Ring and a level 2 health module. But here's the thing: I couldn't deal him any damage and he wrecked me. We would both empty our kits and I'd do maybe a 1/4 of his health in damage, and I was lucky to limp away. I couldn't understand why I was losing that badly from doing the same thing in the same order with the same build. And then I realized that the game must have a mastery or rune system similar to League (I was still like level 1 or 3 or something.) We're new to the game, and we're often put up against people that far out rank us. It's frustrating to lose so badly after waiting so long. I know that it's probably because we queue together. But it's an online multiplayer game. People want to play with their friends.

3. AFKers. I know this isn't the game's fault necessarily, and I don't really blame Infinite Crisis for what that player does. But that doesn't make it any less frustrating. I had 3 games in a row where as soon as we entered the game a player never left base. It was an immediate 4v5 for the whole game. After losing all 3 I was just done with the game for a while.

I enjoy the game, and I love DC. That's my biggest draw. The characters are all very well done and they have good and fitting kits.
    I'm not bashing the game. Just explaining my experience as someone new to it. I'm going to continue to play, and I'll see how the game progresses. But I won't be telling all my MOBA playing friends to jump on board right away as the game isn't as polished as others. Let me know your thoughts and opinions. Thanks, and I'm sorry if this comes off as negative and bratty.

Also, I've been having issues with the game flashing all the time. I don't have this issue with any other game I play at all. I can play all my games on the highest settings. However, with Infinite Crisis I constantly get the background flashing to black and back. It's very brief but it's often. Especially at the beginning of the game. Any advice on that?

Re: I love the game, but I can't recommend it to friends.

I understand your woes Jaczones. It is troublesome for new players in this game. The problem is that when closed beta was around, que times were good and player base was good, because everyone was at almost identical understanding of the game, and it was simplistic. When they went to open beta, there was almost no informative system to prep new players how to scale well, and thus allowed CB players to excel (given CB players had actually played alot). This turned off a bunch of new players, and thus it's been a cycle of new players come in then leave, and maybe come back.

I suggest just sticking with it. Finding friends you work well with in game is a good way to go about playing. Dawnbase.com is a lifesaver, it helped me understand each champ and the items, I'd spend hours just understanding how to cohere items together better. I started with this game, it was my first MOBA, and it helped me become a great player at League of Legends, so there is merit to it because it has a sharp curve to learning.

As for your screen black issue, try changing the directx engine, if its set to 11, change it until one of them works. It may suck for a while, but it should solve the issue, if it doesn't let me know.

Add me if you want, I'm always good to help new people and give adivce. Unlike some of the grouchy people in this game, I want to help new players.

Don't worry about that, I wouldn't recommend it to my friends yet either. Waiting for the game to be more polished (hopefully in September) to do that, because I know they will left it if they see it in the current state.

September update should yield some big improvements, most players are waiting for that to be "Jesus Patch".

Quote Originally Posted by Achido View Post
    September update should yield some big improvements, most players are waiting for that to be "Jesus Patch".
    Inaccurate, Its the God Patch. It fails? the game is going to hell, ain't no redemption there

Considering Harmony

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird4 View Post
    Inaccurate, Its the God Patch. It fails? the game is going to hell, ain't no redemption there
    Perfect words. September is the doomsday arrival. After that, god only know what will happen

And then I realized that the game must have a mastery or rune system similar to League (I was still like level 1 or 3 or something.) We're new to the game, and we're often put up against people that far out rank us. It's frustrating to lose so badly after waiting so long.
    According to you, being low level, you can't be queued against people higher than 20, even if you do (depending on the "elo" and time you waited on queue) what makes IC different of LoL is that you can have default runes/maestries for every champion, then by leveling up and getting merit, you can make your owns (Here they are called Amplifiers) so unless the GL you fought had more armor or health on his amps (not the defaults ones) then i doubt it has something to do with that.
    If you are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your code isn't working or got any comment or feedback.
    GO HERE:
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

Submit a ticket, to do all listed above and even more.

*How To post a DxDiag

*Infinite Crisis Forum's Rules

*I'm Famous <3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    MY FAV STREAMS!
    Sycogenesis' Stream :http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis
    Beco's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dps_beco
    Hammerborn's Stream: twitch.tv/hammerreborn

Quote Originally Posted by JacZones View Post
    1. Queue times. My friend and I often queue for Gotham Divided. That's the typical MOBA map style. 3 lanes with jungle inbetween. Towers to destroy and a base to take out causing your team to win. Every MOBA has that and it's familiar and popular. However, the queue times are ridiculous. I've played solo and with both friends. Either times we're waiting an upwards of almost 10 minutes at times. And that's if the first match that pops up actually goes through. The one day my friend and I waited 20 minutes to actually play a game. Then someone dropped out. We stopped playing for the day after that. But when we do get into a match even then there's problems.
    Actually I think this could be the reason why "queue" is flagged by the chat filter...

Quote Originally Posted by JacZones View Post

2. Matchmaking. I played a match recently and I played Green Lantern mid. I was facing another Green Lantern mid. We bought the same starting items. Nil Ring and a level 2 health module. But here's the thing: I couldn't deal him any damage and he wrecked me. We would both empty our kits and I'd do maybe a 1/4 of his health in damage, and I was lucky to limp away. I couldn't understand why I was losing that badly from doing the same thing in the same order with the same build. And then I realized that the game must have a mastery or rune system similar to League (I was still like level 1 or 3 or something.)
    Luckily the IC system isn't nearly as newbie punishing as League's. And you might have not been using Lantern's skill combo correctly which would make your damage output much worse than the opposing Lantern.
    Anyway stick with the game and your friends too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrlucho View Post
    According to you, being low level, you can't be queued against people higher than 20, even if you do (depending on the "elo" and time you waited on queue) what makes IC different of LoL is that you can have default runes/maestries for every champion, then by leveling up and getting merit, you can make your owns (Here they are called Amplifiers) so unless the GL you fought had more armor or health on his amps (not the defaults ones) then i doubt it has something to do with that.
    He could be queuing with a friend above level 20 or even level 31 so that their average is above 20 which means they could get paired with level 50s.