Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

how to play on Coast City ( a general tips guide for new people)

ok I am putting this up here because I just spent a day in coast city without a win because I was put on teams of people who did not now how to play on the map and I figure someone should put up the basics here since no one wants to read the map description under game.

first the meta: the most well known meta is 1 champion top, 1 champion focusing on the top jungle, 2 champions bottom, 1 champion focusing on the bottom jungle. this allows your top champion to gain the necessary farm to push the longer top lain and be a ringer in mid to late game. the jungle is large enough and regenerates fast enough to allow 2 junglers to gain levels quickly as long as they play safe and smart. two are needed bottom because its a short lane with large amounts of room and the bottoms primary job is to hold the lane and push only if they gain the upper hand.

Rushing: 80% of the time the enemy team is going to invade the top jungle first and take out the opponents' level 2 creep, to counter this your whole team should gather on the mid stealth pad and safely do battle, no dives, and try not to die.

Other mechanics : the pads, the pads are important so pay attention to when they go active because some one needs to get them or it could mean the end for your team. the bonus for controlling one pad is a bonus to the coins earned on a coin pick up (+5) while it is in your control, at 2 pads you gain more powerful minions for top lane and +10 to coin pickup, 3 pads you get more powerful drones on the bottom lane. if a team mate tells you to help get pads then drop what you are doing and get the pads.

dooms day device: this is this maps leviathan and is not something you should get by your self. you should not even try to obtain until mid game or if you have a champion advantage. once you defeat the dooms day device you need to collect it and then you can deploy it to either severly damage and or destroy a turret, re activate a pad that has been captured by the other team and finally it can be used to eliminate the other team.

and as always I can not stress enough how important teamwork and communication are on this map (just like any other map) so talk to you team mates, and strategize. don't ignore them.

Re: how to play on Coast City ( a general tips guide for new people)

If they didn't care to do objectives ingame even when you told them to, I doubt that they are going to bother doing it after reading this.

Now I remember why I didn't like CC that much, it's very frustrating being alone trying to do the objectives while the rest of the team doesn't care.

true, but I manly put this up for the people who have never played coast city before. I spent half my time yesterday typing out instructions to people who never played the map and had no idea what they were doing. and this is not a map to be doing that on, as my kill/death ratio for yesterday could attest to.

I have spent hours on both my main CC guide, and champ guides for CC/GD. Those who have read them tell me, and seem to love them. Those who don't take the time to learn outside of the game tend to not take advice from you in-game either. It has been annoying me all weekend. It has lead me to not want spend the 20 min in queue to play just to get matched with people who won't listen, insta-lock the best champs for the wrong roles, and generally play horrible which eventually ends horribly. This weekend has been wonderful.
    Dycer's Final Event!

I am doing a giveaway for IC players migrating to Smite!

I am on Twitter @TheDycer

The_Dycer Guides: Updates Soon!
    The Definition of SoonTM

I am not a Turbine employee, and do not receive the compensation/benefits/privileges that employees do. Currently I have a pending application to be the Director of the Putting Things on Top of Other Things Department.

"The Earth had too many men." - Dycer 2014

"KS, it is what Dycers do best!"- Dycer 2015

Getting back to daily words!
    Strange word of the day; Vauntiness: Boastfulness
    If you win a spelling bee due to "Strange word of the day", I receive 2% of the winnings.
    Most Colorful Forum Signature
    I am running low on original colors!

i did not relies you had made a guide for the game drycer. is the link to the guide in that rainbow you call a signature .

Yes it's the one in the middle of the top set. If you follow all the links in one sitting, you are a brave soul. The only thing that kills the Coast City experience is the people who don't know how to play, and don't try to learn. You can go 0-15 and I don't mind as long as you are trying to learn.
    Dycer's Final Event!

The Definition of SoonTM

I am not a Turbine employee, and do not receive the compensation/benefits/privileges that employees do. Currently I have a pending application to be the Director of the Putting Things on Top of Other Things Department.

If you win a spelling bee due to "Strange word of the day", I receive 2% of the winnings.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dycer View Post
    I have spent hours on both my main CC guide, and champ guides for CC/GD. Those who have read them tell me, and seem to love them. Those who don't take the time to learn outside of the game tend to not take advice from you in-game either. It has been annoying me all weekend. It has lead me to not want spend the 20 min in queue to play just to get matched with people who won't listen, insta-lock the best champs for the wrong roles, and generally play horrible which eventually ends horribly. This weekend has been wonderful.
    Some of us never read guides and learn after getting chased halfway round the map by lasercircus and dycer trying not to die

Quote Originally Posted by Dannin View Post
    Some of us never read guides and learn after getting chased halfway round the map by lasercircus and dycer trying not to die
    That's a lie, I never chase! That is always a recipe for disaster.
    Dycer's Final Event!

The Definition of SoonTM

If they would just lift the fog of war some, I might actually be able to see some of those objectives.... I can't see them while playing at all: black on black. Even when ping-pointed I cannot see them. Makes for a very un-fun experience for all.

Maybe after the Sept update something will change in the UI.
    "C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. C'est de la folie."
    ("It is magnificent, but it is not war. It is madness.")

~ French Marshal Pierre Bosquet ~

what do you mean. for me the fog of war still lets me see a picture of the map, just one that is not up to date. you may need to adjust your settings.