Thread: Coast City

Coast City

After playing lots of Coast City matches over the last couple of days, i have to say, it's a fantastic map. It has lanes, a jungle, towers, control points, a couple of team objectives and plenty of opportunity for ganks and team fights which is all great. Not only that but the map is unique to IC if I'm not mistaken.

So i have one question. Why isn't this map the focus of IC instead of Gotham Divided? The only reason i can come up with is that people expect a Summoners Rift type map, since most mobas have it, or it's e-sports related, which i admit, i never watch or have any interest in.

Re: Coast City

Gotham Divided is the newest map, and they wanted it to be tested, while not having the queued population to not be split between two maps.
    Dycer's Final Event!

I am doing a giveaway for IC players migrating to Smite!

I am on Twitter @TheDycer

The_Dycer Guides: Updates Soon!
    The Definition of SoonTM

I am not a Turbine employee, and do not receive the compensation/benefits/privileges that employees do. Currently I have a pending application to be the Director of the Putting Things on Top of Other Things Department.

"The Earth had too many men." - Dycer 2014

"KS, it is what Dycers do best!"- Dycer 2015

Getting back to daily words!
    Strange word of the day; Vauntiness: Boastfulness
    If you win a spelling bee due to "Strange word of the day", I receive 2% of the winnings.
    Most Colorful Forum Signature
    I am running low on original colors!

Lucho Conquerer CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddraal87 View Post
    After playing lots of Coast City matches over the last couple of days, i have to say, it's a fantastic map. It has lanes, a jungle, towers, control points, a couple of team objectives and plenty of opportunity for ganks and team fights which is all great. Not only that but the map is unique to IC if I'm not mistaken.

So i have one question. Why isn't this map the focus of IC instead of Gotham Divided? The only reason i can come up with is that people expect a Summoners Rift type map, since most mobas have it, or it's e-sports related, which i admit, i never watch or have any interest in.
    From the q&a, once GD was released, no one played CC and the queue times were abysmal. With a playerbase that could only support two maps, CC got the axe.

Providing Harmony ItsThatAsianBoy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hammerreborn View Post
    From the q&a, once GD was released, no one played CC and the queue times were abysmal. With a playerbase that could only support two maps, CC got the axe.
    It's a shame because CC is the the most fun I've ever had playing a moba.
    It's a unique map that hasn't been done before.
    The best thing about the map? It doesn't take forever to walk from one end of the map to the other.

The Best of the Brightest of the Best Mrlucho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ItsThatAsianBoy View Post
    It's a shame because CC is the the most fun I've ever had playing a moba.
    It's a unique map that hasn't been done before.
    The best thing about the map? It doesn't take forever to walk from one end of the map to the other.
    100% Agree.

Yeah, but i still remember that there where all this people that came from other mobas wanting for a 3 lane maps, cuz GH and CC where not competitive the moba thing blah blah blah, complain complain, rage rage, quit quit, and then bang!

I have to say, CC is actually really awesome and beautiful, it has that something, can't tell, but yeah.

It also has the mix of the 2 maps, Torrets and points to control.

EDIT: This should be on Map Feedback part of the forums.
    Last edited by Mrlucho; 08-02-2014 at 08:16 PM.
    If you are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your code isn't working or got any comment or feedback.
    GO HERE:
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

Submit a ticket, to do all listed above and even more.

*How To post a DxDiag

*Infinite Crisis Forum's Rules

*I'm Famous <3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    MY FAV STREAMS!
    Sycogenesis' Stream :http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis
    Beco's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dps_beco
    Hammerborn's Stream: twitch.tv/hammerreborn