Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[Velocity 9 Implants] Usable by any champ?

I see a lot of players using Velocity 9 Implants. On Dawnbase they show the following stats:

• + 40% Attack Speed
    • + 20% Critical Chance
    • + 15 Move Speed
    • Attack Fervor: Basic Attacks grant 10% Move Speed for 1.5 seconds.

ht tp://www.dawnbase.com/items/velocity-9-implants
    (url fractured to prevent auto-run)
    So I pick this up during matches when I have the coin collected for it.

The Story and Question:

I was playing CC map with Atomic GL (power damage, bruiser) and I picked this up for better crit, move speed and attack speed (something I already asked in another post and got a razzed by some of the replies for even asking about it).

As soon as I had it, another player insisted I dump it because I was playing a power damage champ. I pointed out it said "attack speed" not "attack damage" but I dumped it just the same.

Is this item supposed to be restricted to Attack Damage Champs?
    "C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. C'est de la folie."
    ("It is magnificent, but it is not war. It is madness.")

~ French Marshal Pierre Bosquet ~

Re: [Velocity 9 Implants] Usable by any champ?

Power damage champs have most of the time a very low autoattack damage, so attacking more and even critting won't help your damage much (spells don't crit unless stated otherwise).

Providing Harmony

Velocity 9 Implants are not restricted to who can buy them. If you are building Atomic Green Lantern with critical strike and attack damage then they are effective. If you have not built other attack damage items on him the implants are highly inefficient. Remember that the Radiation Sickness on-autoattack trigger is restricted by a cooldown, so does not scale well with attack speed.

You have the freedom to build what you like, but it's important to make a build coherent to take advantage of multiplicative scaling. Recently I itemised tank with some power damage on Atrocitus, reached close to full build, then sold the power damage providing items for attack damage items, as atrocitus's power damage scaling is terrible and inadequate for lategame use.

I do disagree with Unilord though, I think Atomic Green Lantern has the relatively high melee stats (including attack damage) of a melee bruiser, despite being power damage.

Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Attack speed is basically useless on atomic green lantern because it doesn't speed up the proc rate of his passive. CDR is generally a far better investment. Getting something like Royal Seal ends up being better because the slow works out better than the move speed bonus from v9.
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

You stay classy Ron Burgandy

DigiComm Manager IC_ElectricLeo's Avatar

I don't agree that attack speed is useless on Atomic GL, since I buy a reasonable amount of AD for the constant melee hits I'm doing, but I think probably V9 is not the best artifact to build on him.

If you want to increase your damage from the passive, stacking health is not bad. And also, it gives you health. Which is important because if you're AtGL you should always be GOING DEEEEEEP!

Edit: That said, Megarod and V9 could be amazing if you're super far ahead and want to give the other team a chance.

You shouldn't really be building an AD heavy Atomic Green Lantern. He plays much better as a PD tank so you can take full advantage of his amazing passive.
    The Coast City Nightly Games!
    A Coast City Guide: Updates SoonTM
    The Definition of SoonTM

My Guide for IC_Frelorn

Conquer Your Lane with Starro!

I am not a Turbine employee, and do not receive the compensation/benefits/privileges that employees do. Currently I have a pending application to be the Director of the Putting Things on Top of Other Things Department.

I'm on Dawnbase! Check highly rated guides for great builds and tips!

"The Earth had too many men." - Dycer 2014

"KS, it is what Dycers do best!"- Dycer 2015

I am one with Starro! All hail Starro.

The State of The_Dycer Adress

Getting back to daily words!
    Strange word of the day; Colubriform: Shaped like a snake
    If you win a spelling bee due to "Strange word of the day", I receive 2% of the winnings.
    Most Colorful Forum Signature
    I am running low on original colors!

21 No Death games in queue without an afk this patch!

Attack Speed makes your Basic Attacks (right-click) faster, so it's USUALLY better for Attack Damage champions since Basic Attacks (right-click) scale with it.

I build it with Mecha Wonder Woman (Hybrid MarksWOman) because it makes her Passive proc more times;
    and sometimes with Wonder Woman Prime (Power Damage Enforcer) because it gives me more Basic Attacks (right-click) during her E's duration.

It depends on the champion.
    - PC -
    PSU: MAXXTRO ATX 450epn12 (450w);
    MOBO: G41M-VS3;
    CPU: Core 2 Duo E7500 @2.93GHz;
    RAM: Dual-Channel 4GB DDR3;
    GPU: GeForce GTX550 Ti;
    Screen: 1360x768.

Thanks for all the good 411! I think I'll find something else for AtomicGL now instead of the V9. Lots of good things to consider.
    "C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. C'est de la folie."
    ("It is magnificent, but it is not war. It is madness.")

~ French Marshal Pierre Bosquet ~

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
    Thanks for all the good 411! I think I'll find something else for AtomicGL now instead of the V9. Lots of good things to consider.
    Lobos chain is a solid choice for atgl because of its health and slow on basic attacks. If my team doesn't have much cc, or I'm the only tanky champ, I'll grab it for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
    you could replace it with Batman's Utility Belt:

Batman's Utility Belt
    + 300 Health
    + 15% Attack Speed
    + 10% Cooldown Reduction
    + 10 Move Speed
    Purge: Activate to purge negative status effects and gain 50% Resilience for 5 seconds (60 second cooldown).

Gives you the move speed and attack speed, as well as cooldown reduction and health which is got on AtGL. Also the active is good for if you get CCed a lot.