Champion Kit Idea: Raven

Just had an idea for a cool champion. I actually thought of the kit first, then I figured Raven would be best fit for this kit's theme.

Power Damage
    Melee Basic Attack
    Enforcer
    Will Pool

Raven is a stealthy, squishy Enforcer that focuses on negating damage. She can initiate teamfights with ease, absorb a ton of damage, and get out before she is even touched. However, due to exhausting her magic, she cannot take damage for very long, and will quickly be dispatched if she stays in team fights for too long.

For base stats, she would have low HP in order to balance out her kit and make her "squishy". Medium Power

Passive: Into the Shadows

Raven fades into the shadows, leaving her opponents attacking thin air.

Every time Raven lands a Basic Attack, she gains a stack of 'Shadows' for 2 seconds. At 4 stacks, they are consumed and Raven does not take any damage for 0.5/1/1.5/2 second(s). This effect can be activated 1/2/3/4 times within 6 seconds before the skill goes on cooldown.

Cooldown: 16/14/12/10 seconds

The heart and soul of Raven. She revolves around this passive in order to negate damage to her, while Basic Attacking her enemies. At level 4, she can have 8 seconds of invulnerability before she is forced to leave the fight, and that's from the passive alone.

Q: Shadow Creep

Raven fires a shadow in a line. The shadow deals 40/65/90/115 (+50% Bonus Power Damage) damage to champions hit. If the shadow hits more than one champion, the damage is reduced by 25% to every champion after the first. If Shadow Creep is activated a second time, Raven will blink to the tip of the shadow. Then, within 2/4/6/8 seconds, if the skill is activated a third time, Raven will blink back to where to skill was launched from.

Cost: 40/45/50/55 Will
    Cooldown: 11/10/9/8 seconds

Speed and size of the shadow will be like Arcane Green Lantern's Construct Champion.

Raven's initiate and escape. This allows her to initiate a fight, activate her passive, then safely disengage when she needs to.

W: Shadow Empowerment

By fusing into the shadows, Raven gains attack speed at the cost of lower damage.

She gains 50%/60%/70%/80% additional attack speed, but only deals 50%/55%/60%/65% of her damage with each attack

Cost: 45/55/65/75 Will
    Cooldown: 11/10/9/8 seconds

Raven's bread and butter. This activates her passive like crazy allowing you to get those stacks quick.

E: Shadow Stealth

Raven blends into the Shadows and goes into stealth for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75 second(s). When the duration ends, she deals 45/70/95/120 (+40% Bonus Power Damage) Power Damage in an area around her. If activated a second time, the stealth will end early, and Raven gains invulnerability for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75 seconds, but will only deal 50% of the Power Damage.

Cost: 60/65/70/75 Will
    Cooldown: 20/18/16/14 seconds

A great initiator. After her Q, this can be used to gain a short invincibility while you start getting stacks, as well as doing some AoE damage.

R: One with the Shadow

Raven merges completely with the shadows. For 3/4/5/6 seconds, she does not take any damage. When the skill ends, Raven gains a shield equal to 50%/55%/60%/65% (+1% per 100 Bonus Will) of the damage she would have taken.

Cost: 90/100/110/120 Will
    Cooldown: 60/55/50/45 seconds

Stolen Power: Raven's Teleport
    Target an allied Turret, Drone, Surveillance Camera or Control Point with no contesting enemy Champions, and blinks to it after 4 seconds.

Raven's Teleport grants 2 seconds of invulnerability after a successful teleport.

So, thoughts? Suggestions?
    Last edited by Liy010; 08-03-2014 at 12:49 PM.

Re: Champion Kit Idea: Raven

while I like the ingenuity of the build, it is all over the place. it feels like a assassin build, but also a controller build. and she has to much maneuverability for an enforcer, especially with all that damage negation. I also don't think raven fits the enforcer role in her lore. a controller or blaster yes, but she really has never been that durable. just my opinion though.
    Last edited by Wurm_king; 08-03-2014 at 12:26 PM.

Considering Harmony CritneyFears's Avatar

i agree with Wurm_king!
    Raven is a stealthy, squishy Enforcer that focuses on negating damage[...]
    squishy enforcer? thats a contradiction in terms
    enforcer are tanks.
    they should not just get damage negate from her abiliies.

but then you overpowered her moveset enormous...

her passive gives 0,5 -2 seconds invulernability multiplied by 4? that makes maximal 8 seconds invulnerability.
    her E does a 1 - 1,75 seconds invulnerability?
    her ulti gives her a 3 - 6 seconds invulnerability? with a 45 second cooldown? :3

additional her teleport grants again 2 seconds invulernarbility?

u really 'made' a champion with the possiblity to get 17,75 seconds invulnerable....
    srry. but that will not happen .... :3

and why is her Passive named BumbleBees Stingers?

Whoops, took a template, must have forgot to remove stuff.

As I said, Raven just fitted the theme of shadows and stuff. She isn't meant to be durable, but rather hiding in the shadows and soaking up damage that way.

Critney, the only skill that stacks in her moveset is her passive. I should've been more clear in the breakdown, but basically, you can get 17.75 seconds if every skill is off cooldown, and if they are timed exactly in the right moment. For example, if Teleport is used and then her E, there would only be 2 seconds of invulnerability. In addition, she is very vulnerable to crowd control. A short stun or Suppress is all that's needed to bring her down, since she would be as squishy as say, Flash.

Also, it's was pretty hard to get the timings right. I wanted a champion that could stay in fights for a bit, but at the same time would not be utterly deleted in a teamfight. In addition, scaling falls in, she should not be useless early game. Do you have any ideas of better times of invulnerability on her skills? It would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Liy010; 08-03-2014 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liy010 View Post
    Whoops, took a template, must have forgot to remove stuff.

As I said, Raven just fitted the theme of shadows and stuff. She isn't meant to be durable, but rather hiding in the shadows and soaking up damage that way.

Critney, the only skill that stacks in her moveset is her passive. I should've been more clear in the breakdown, but basically, you can get 17.75 seconds if every skill is off cooldown, and if they are timed exactly in the right moment. For example, if Teleport is used and then her E, there would only be 2 seconds of invulnerability. In addition, she is very vulnerable to crowd control. A short stun or Suppress is all that's needed to bring her down, since she would be as squishy as say, Flash.

Also, it's was pretty hard to get the timings right. I wanted a champion that could stay in fights for a bit, but at the same time would not be utterly deleted in a teamfight. In addition, scaling falls in, she should not be useless early game. Do you have any ideas of better times of invulnerability on her skills? It would be greatly appreciated.

I cant understand, when you see the point "she isn't meant to be durable" but u want her to be durable "but [...] soaking up damage".
    Exactly that is the meaning of being durable ;D

Well. you dont need to get invulnerable for 17,75 seconds in a row to see that so many invulnerability abilities are to strong.
    Even 2 seconds or even 1 second of invulnerability is VERY STRONG a normal teamfight last just a few seconds and when u can get untouchable for so many times. u just need to buy full Damage and the enemy has no chance.

To get invulernable u have to get a downside effect because its to strong.
    Even Flashs ulti has a strong downside with his ultimate/invulnerability. First u can ran out of the Damage Area Effect. Second he always ends up on the same place. A well placed stun and he get cought.

When u want Raven as an Assassin u dont need to soak up damage. You need mobility and Burst Damage. Your Q ability is very strong there as mobility skill.
    Would be proabably the strongest engage and escape skill in the entire game.
    Compared to other escape skills the cooldown is very very low.

As an Enforcer u need to be durable and need some kind of Crowd Control.
    But i think this Raven suggestion have no Crowd Control at all.
    So you have now a Enforcer without Crowd Control and heavy Damage. Why u would even be focused in teamfights?

I think first of all you have to think again. Do you really want a Enforcer Raven or an Assassin Raven?

Do you have any ideas of better times of invulnerability on her skills? It would be greatly appreciated.
    Instead of invulnerability you can have percent damage mitigation. or flat damage reduction. or additional Armor/Power Armor
    but when u really want a Enforcer Raven u need 1-2 skills with Crowd Control.
    suppression, fear, stun, silence, knock back/up, taunt etc. ... these are heavy Crowd Control Skills
    slow, entangle, snare, blind etc. ... these are soft Crowd Control Skills

But you have to balance the Crowd Control. you cant just have 3 skills with stuns or fear.
    Just look at other champions/enforcer.

For example Atomic Poison Ivy has to Soft Crowd Controls. A snare and a Slow. but the slow is an AoE so it effect more than one enemy.
    Atomic Green Lantern has a slow (soft) on his passive. and a grab (hard) on his Q.

Srry for the long answer xD

So you have now a Enforcer without Crowd Control and heavy Damage. Why u would even be focused in teamfights?
    srry meant low Damage obvious....

besides as I said before ravens lore does not support an enforcer. I don't mean to tear apart your build but in every iteration I have seen Raven Prime uses shields to shield herself and her allies, healing magic, energy constructs and blasts to damage opponents, even feeding off of peoples emotions to strengthen or heal her self. the only time she had been any form of durable is when she was evil during her first fall from grace (and I don't know much about that arc because I have red only a few comics from it). its why most people view her as a good candidate for controller or blaster, maybe even assassin.