[Champ Concept] Gaslight Toyman

GasLight Toyman

Bio: While being raised by his Spaniard mother, William "Jr" Schott inherits a failing toy factory from his late estranged father. Being a tinker himself, this is "Un Sueno echo Realidad"(dream come true) he makes a new revolutionary line of toys and attempts to sell them in the Americas(at least that's what I think they are called in the Gaslight universe). Alexander Luthor takes an interest in the "Turn-Key" line and buys the rights to the line from Schott. With the money gained from the deal, Schott is able to relocate the factory in Metropolis, hoping to use the popularity of the toys(he helped create) to sell his other lines. He finds that Turn-Key toys are not being sold anywhere, instead being used for more "Practical purposes, rather than entertaining children" as Luthor explains, and suggests he stay and invent for him after stating "Running a business in Metropolis is difficult if you don't know the right people." He refuses, and vows his factory will succeed without the help of the "right people." His factory fails soon after, as industrial accidents(rumored to be caused by Luthor), Toy store boycotts(also Luthor), and public humiliation (from Luthor via newspaper). Enraged, he vows vengeance for the man who destroyed his Sueno(dream)...(where is the n with that little ~sign on top when u need it?, ehh latinos?)

Basic Attk: Melee/ Turn-Key-Steel Paddle Balls
    Role: Assassin
    Alignment: Villain
    Universe of Origin: GasLight

Char. Power: Gaslight Toyman's Trap- Gain extra Attack Speed against trapped enemy.

Passive-Turn-Key-Technology- For every basic attack, gain a stack of "Torque" that passively increases attack speed and increases time limit of Q and E, as well as, increases radius distance for W and R. Stacks are consumed based off of time or distance used. Max of 2/3/4/5 stacks per level

Q- Top-Spin-Swing- TM Spins in place while his Paddle Balls(funny right?)swing with him, hitting any enemies that get close to him. At any time you can reactivate skill to do a swing that will deal extra damage and push the enemy in the direction of the swing. His Main Damage Dealer w/ possiblity for escape

W-Poison-Tipped Jacks- TM shoots a ball from his backpack that releases 3 Jacks at target location when it hits the ground, when an enemy touches a jack they are afflicted with a slowing poison and the jack is consumed. (Number of jacks increase with level). His CC

E- Loco-Motive- While under the effects of spell, TM's movement spd and attk spd is increase. If he activates his Q, he is able to move while spinning, but it's range is smaller. If Poison Jacks spell is used he will leave a trail of jacks behind him, one at a time. Q and W cannot be active at the same time). His Escape or Burst initiator

R- Turn-Key-Pogo- After channeling for a set amount of time, you can pick a point on the map, anywhere within a large radius on the map that can normally be reached, and jump there on your pogo stick. When you land, all champs caught in the circle are stunned, and the closests ones to you receive damage as well. Channeling time increases the further the jump, a large circle marker will appear where you will land for both you and your enemies. (Think Pantheon from LoL)

Questions, comments, and constructive feedback always appreciated.

Also, I'm curious, What Gas "Lit" champ. would you like to see? (Or really anything other than prime)
    Last edited by DarkHawkVII; 11-26-2014 at 09:06 PM.

Re: How about another Gaslighter? Toyman anyone?

Also, I'm curious, What Gas "Lit" champ. would you like to see? (Or really anything other than prime)
    Gaslight Cyborg.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHawkVII View Post

These:

Gaslight superman : https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...ncept&p=108580

Gaslight cyborg: https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...aslight+cyborg
    Last edited by Wurm_king; 08-04-2014 at 02:08 PM.

now for my review on your character. over all I like him but with his W, it should not be 3 single jacks because jacks a suppose to be really small. in stead I think it should be a field of jacks and that the slow and length of poison should be increased at each level and the combo with the passive should increase the size of the field. I can comment any further until you put in his damage type, power source, damage ratios, and debuff ratios, and power cost.

Love the GL supes idea, never even thought of that or read the elseworld issue, needs a better back story but overall good idea. 2 mentions for a GL Cy which fits perfect for the character. Are you reading this Gray or Hex? eh, eh, couple more "Lighters" to add to the mix when you guys want the magic number of 3 for each character(excluding Supes of course, you have the 3 for him, for now...)
    Also, I never gave a description of GL Toyman, I see him with a Turn-Key backpack(like bats tesla coils backpack, but think of the old school toy soldiers). And on his feet what look like small trains for skates(the old steam locomotive trains w/ sticks attached to the wheels and all). And he wears the jester hood, with a bandana covering his face that has the eerie, off-putting, Olympian SHAZAM smile plastered on it or his Toyman bobble head smile(both are just creepy)

Now for the jacks, I envisioned them bigger(cause he makes a lot of OP toys) but big or small they will have the same affect. As for dmg type:attack, but you could just as easily change his attk speed to cooldwn reduction on his abilities and make him another power assassin(then you would have 2 in the game), power: will with a secondary source of Torque stacks(mentioned in the build). and as for ratios and costs, I leave that to the big boys, you devs with your mathematical skills. I'm just here to feed the mind of the devs with cool ideas, to get some feedback on the concept and design. Make sure he feels authentic and good kit(minus the numbers, not good with the numbers)
    Last edited by DarkHawkVII; 12-01-2014 at 07:03 PM.

actually my gaslight superman back story is taken right from the comic. its my favorite elseworlds issue. at least from the ones I own. its a fusion of The Jungle Book and Tarzan but with superman as the main character. I thought it fit the gaslight world because at the end of the book superman and his eventual children become defenders of the empire and usher in a 1000 years of prosperity. so I thought it could be the divergent point for why people in the U.S appear to speak with a British Accent.
    Last edited by Wurm_king; 11-25-2014 at 12:04 AM.

Yes, the merging of Tarzan and Jungle Book, I knew it sounded very familiar. Despite the not so good back story, I still really dig the idea of a Feral Supes.

Bio added for the Gaslight Toyman, hope you like