Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Considering Harmony

Champion Idea - Raven

Champion Concept for: Raven, the Dark Omen

Sired by the demon Trigon, Raven was destined to become the prophetic doom of Earth. Raven joins the Teen Titans to fight her father's control and to ensure the safety of her new family and home.
    Raven is a support mage that helps control the crowd on the fields of Justice. Keeping her allies safe and enemies confused.

Passive:
    Empathetic Healing -Raven's teammates health regen is increased when near her.

Q Soul-Self:

Raven teleports to a selected ally/enemy on the battle field. If activated again within two seconds, Raven returns to her previous position.

On an ally:
    If Raven teleports to a selected ally, it grants that ally a magical shield, that blocks 45 damage for 3 seconds. If Raven reactivates the ability within two seconds, her and her ally are teleported back to her previous position, deactivating the shield given.

On an enemy:
    If Raven teleports to a selected enemy, the enemy is stunned for 2 seconds and applies a magical shield for Raven that blocks 45 damage for 3 seconds. If Raven reactivates the ability within 2 seconds of its cast, she returns to her previous position, deactivating the given shield.

W Astral Projection:

Raven casts her soul-self into a raven form, to a targetted area. Any enemies that are caught in it's path are slowed and blinded for 2 seconds.

E Trigon's Influence:

Raven loses control and channels a burst of Trigonic energy around her. Enemies caught in the burst are pushed back and deal power damage. Enemies that knocked into walls or terrain are stunned for 1.5 seconds.

R Avatars of Pride

Raven divides her power and summons two avatars of her soul-self towards a selected area, emitting an aura that taunts enemies to attack them. They then explode, causing any enemies within their range to deal power damage and become stunned for 2 seconds.
    The avatars can be targetted and attacked before detonation, causing them to prematurely explode, causing only 75% of the magic damage and stunning for 1.5 seconds within it's range.
    Durring the duration of the cast, Raven's movement speed is reduced until both avatars explode.

~Quotes~

Movement:
    - "I understand"
    - "I know what I must do."
    - "I feel their pain."
    - "It will all unfold."
    - "They can't stop me"
    - "I know what their fate will bring."
    - "By Azar"

Taunt(s):
    - "The only pain I'll be feeling..(demonic voice) is yours."
    - "What's the matter? (Demonic voice) Afraid of the dark?"
    - "You don't scare me. (Demonic Voice) Do I scare you?"

Joke(s):
    - "Why is a Raven like a writing desk? Well?"
    - "It takes more than that to amuse me."

Defeated By...:

Gaslight Catwoman, "Even your little wings can't save you, Raven."
    Robin, "That will teach you to get into my head."
    Zatanna, "I knew you were trouble from the start."/"Now we know who the better sorceress is."
    Green Lantern, "Let me shed some light in your creepy world!"

Defeated:

To Batman, "Not even you can comprehend the real darkness."
    To Doomsday, "There was nothing I could feel from you. I had no choice."
    To Zatanna, "You'll only be in my way."

Kill and Assist:

With Zatanna, "Differences aside Raven, our magic is stronger together!"
    WIth Robin, "Birds of a feather, flock togeher! Eh Raven?"
    With Shazam, "That..was a little creepy. But awesome!"

~Costumes~
    Default Costume: Raven New 52
    http://media.tumblr.com/4ff21489f37e...QMK1qz4rgp.png

Alternative Costume: Classic Raven
    http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2.../Raven_003.jpg

Alternative Costume: Animated Inspired
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_FmQ7sFgB48...1600/Raven.jpg

Re: Champion Idea - Raven

While I do like this one as well because you show that you do know the characters, my issue is that you don't have enough damage abilities for a controller. you have only one none ultimate offensive ability so you cant fight in a team fight or lane very well and wont be of any threat to any champion. I think that you need to make her Q do some damage to an enemy she teleports to instead of a shield or along with the shield, same with the W.

Considering Harmony

When I was making it, I actually thought about the stun being magical damage, and if I could edit it, I would, but I'm not allowed that permission. I did type it in but deleted it all in a rewrite for another ability and just seemed to forget that part. But I do prefer the Magical Damage stun. She doesn't have too much of a focus of damage, but more resistance for herself and teammates, because I want to keep to the character. As much as I hate to say, Raven is like the 'Schtorm' of 'Schmarvel' in every movie or TV show, when it comes to her comic incarnations. She throws an attack and it takes a toll on her because of the demonic influences she has that she could release.

And I don't want her W to do damage. She is a support. Everyone thinks shes this controlling assassin, but most of these assumptions are based on these shadowy fabricated concepts others have made through cartoons or video games that don't keep to the originality. The actual characters in this game are based primarily on the New 52 concept, or of when they were first created/peaked in comics. Raven teleported her teammates. She healed them. Took away their confusion, and her attacks were illusion based mostly. Confusing her enemies, or fighting with her Soul-Self. I wanted to keep that. She's not made to specifically be a controller. She's made to be a support. Zatanna has only two attacks and kicks butt amazingly. She buffs her teammates to finalize the fights on the battle field while enough to protect herself.

I don't want her to be like Poison Ivy, where she has this focus of damage, and the effects could help her teammates. I want her to be the focus help for her teammates, and to be a character that they could rely on to finalize kills or get out of a rut. I want players to be scared of her effects more than her damage. It's not as intimidating if you imagine her in a game by herself, but Infinite Crisis is a team effort. when you think of her effects like these as a support, with 4 other people, she'd be great. And she won't over power the game being on anyone's team.
    Her abilities allow her to stop her enemies and wear them down so she could potentially annihilate them slowly while solo, or be a diversion to prepare her teammates to kill them.

while I under stand and agree with what you are saying about raven, you have to relies that part of the job of a support is to draw agro. if the enemy knows you will do little or no damage then they will ignore you until the rest of your team is dead. or worse a good assassin will isolate you and you will have no way to defend yourself and be an easy kill/feed point.

also you should have a button on the bottom right of all your posts that says edit post. I go back and change my posts all the time.

Considering Harmony

She has a power damage stun. AoE Power damage push with possible stun. And her ult is 2 clones exploding with stuns and magic damage. Not every single skill needs to be damage lol, so I won't agree with you entirely.

I don't think every ability needs to be damage either, but more then 2 need to. look at robin, back when he was a controller he had only 2 skills that did damage, but he was an attack damage champ and all of his other skills were attack/defense steroids, even his passive. That's why he could get away with only having 2 damage abilities and one of them was his ultimate. if you take into account her passive she only has 2 damage abilities and the rest are support/CC so that is why I suggest making her Q have some damage. also maybe to help the slow have her soul self have a taunt aspect, but again these are just suggestions you may want to take under advisement.

Considering Harmony

Why not have her ult be a full unleash of her powers, Trigon taking over and changing her abilities to add damage, and possibly some defences? Early game she would be a CC annoyance and get either ignored or destroyed, but would eventually begin to provide surprising damage. Just a thought (I like her ult as is the taunting soul-selves is awesome, but she is definitely lacking in some damage, this would be a possible fix?)

During her ult...
    Soul Self could add an aoe explosion.
    Astral Projection could blind all enemies at the end point of the targeted area. (The lives this could save....)
    Trigons influence could do what it does normally, but add an area of effect surrounding Raven (that moves with her) for a short duration that deals damage over time.
    Abilities used during her ult could increase its duration.

I can totally see her Astral in, Trigon to knock some fools away, and then shield her dying teammates to get away. Would love to play this kit.
    Last edited by Deathdrayne; 08-07-2014 at 10:40 AM.

Considering Harmony

I still stand by where the character is. I've already stated, Q is meant to be power damage as well. and was an edit typo that was forgotten. You're not the first to think it for her. So that's 3 damage abilities with CC effects.
    I can't help but go back and compare to Zatanna. Zatanna skewers and damage debuffs enemies. The rest is is speed up/slow downs and a polymorph. She doesn't have much damage but has great utility and is a great support character. If Zatanna has a simple slow effect, why can't raven have a slow AND blind skill with the 3 damage?(Rhetorically speaking)

see I miss red the post where you said that. but as I said that you can edit your original post and her Q can be fixed. there is a button on the bottom right of your posts that allows you to edit your posts. every person on the board can use it on there own posts.

Considering Harmony

I've thought about making Trigon being apart of her Ult, but since Trigon is one of the main antagonists of the Teen Titans series, I didn't wanna take the chance to include him if there's every a point in time he could become a character. Trigon, the Terrible.

I want her character to be a focus of her. Her abilities foreshadowing the evasiveness, crowd manipulation, and support for her team while still having Trigon's influences a part of that. When I first submitted a concept to IC, it was on Youtube. And I had her passive be
    Trigon Unleahed. Which when Raven's health reached below 30%, she would turn into her demon form and have bonus damage effects. But since these characters are mostly New 52 based(people are forgetting New 52 is the primary universe now for DC's sales) she has more control and individuality to her powers with only some of Trigon's influence. I wanted to portray that.

There are other mobas with characters who focus on crowd control/support for their teammates. And don't forget. There can be other Raven's made into this game. She has other incarnations. Dark Raven. White Raven. Etc. But this is Raven Prime of New 52 so I'm focusing on who she is as a character now.