Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I actually like these so called joke skins

I've bought more than my fair share aswell and I'm sick of people complaining. Most Comic skins are fairly similar and I would never buy a skin that's too similar to the original (classic superman)

Providing Harmony ItsThatAsianBoy's Avatar

Re: I actually like these so called joke skins

They're offensive and disrespectful to the DC comics, Robin being the super serious adult 24/7 superhero would never wear something stupid like a track and field costume.
    /s

I like all skins to be honest.
    There's nothing wrong with pleasing everyone.

DC approves the Skins, and they are from the comics or relate to them in a way that DC finds acceptable. Plus its summer skins, and optional.
    Last edited by Nenilai_Xilodel; 08-07-2014 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Grammar
    More information on ITEMS / ARTIFACTS - CLICK ME
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If You Would Like Help With:

THE GAME ITSELF - CLICK ME

GOTHAM DIVIDED - CLICK ME

GOTHAM HEIGHTS - CLICK ME

COAST CITY - CLICK ME

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tor lorek san,bor nakka mur,Natromo faan tornek wot ur.
    Ter Lantern ker lo Abin Sur,Taan lek lek nok--Formorrow Sur!

Protector

Quote Originally Posted by ItsThatAsianBoy View Post
    They're offensive and disrespectful to the DC comics, Robin being the super serious adult 24/7 superhero would never wear something stupid like a track and field costume.
    /s

I like all skins to be honest.
    There's nothing wrong with pleasing everyone.
    you do know these heros have lives outside of being a hero right? and that being pulled into the construct isn't by choice right? also they may be yanked from any of the multiple dimensions.

So they could be in their pjs, their summer outfit, pirate, or a shattered construct. They are not really joke skins. Catwoman wears that outfit, she would still use her whip, but i could see her doing a wet towel in a pinch, ever been hit by one?

Robin in track and field... 100% hes very competitive, and it helps keep him in shape.

doomy is the only real joke skin.

A game where everything is 100% serious... no thanks. 'Joke' costumes are a great way to liven up the field and if the artists are being put down by the community for trying to be creative and heaven forbid a little fun then the game will suck.

Trust the IC team to do what's best for the game and fans. You may end up enjoying one or two 'joke' costumes if you try.

Quote Originally Posted by Mideran View Post
    you do know these heros have lives outside of being a hero right? and that being pulled into the construct isn't by choice right? also they may be yanked from any of the multiple dimensions.

So they could be in their pjs, their summer outfit, pirate, or a shattered construct. They are not really joke skins. Catwoman wears that outfit, she would still use her whip, but i could see her doing a wet towel in a pinch, ever been hit by one?

Robin in track and field... 100% hes very competitive, and it helps keep him in shape.

doomy is the only real joke skin.

Yep, when the call of the protector comes, champions must act, even if they are in the john, or sleeping, or in their secret Identity's, I havent seen a skin thats over the top so far, they are all pretty reasonable so far.
    More information on ITEMS / ARTIFACTS - CLICK ME
    If You Would Like Help With:

THE GAME ITSELF - CLICK ME

GOTHAM DIVIDED - CLICK ME

GOTHAM HEIGHTS - CLICK ME

COAST CITY - CLICK ME

Tor lorek san,bor nakka mur,Natromo faan tornek wot ur.
    Ter Lantern ker lo Abin Sur,Taan lek lek nok--Formorrow Sur!

Quote Originally Posted by Nenilai_Xilodel View Post
    Yep, when the call of the protector comes, champions must act, even if they are in the john, or sleeping, or in their secret Identity's, I havent seen a skin thats over the top so far, they are all pretty reasonable so far.
    There you have it. Next skin is Pants-down Sinestro

Protector

Quote Originally Posted by RedBrigade View Post
    isn't that basically Sinestro early game?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBrigade View Post
    Mankini Sinestro, give us nao.

I personally like the Track and Field Robin skin.
    I'm a digital 3D artist and I apreciate something good when I see it.
    If you guys would even know how sculpting and all that painting can be a pain in the *** to make it look good you wouldn't be so unrespectfull with the skins or at last the ideeas .

That's why I think the artist who created the Track and Field Robin skin did an amazing job . I think it's sexy and it fits robin . And mostly I'm also reffering to the person who painted the splash art of this specific skin. The combination of colors and the very detailed anathomy makes it rlly pleasent to look at. (thats the artist in me talking)

It doesn't always has to be about wearing a latex suit you know? Bringging up stuff from the heroes's real life makes it exciting to me to see more and to build up different scenes in my imagination about that persons's life. And not to forget that Robin is an athlete remember? (that if ofcourse you have read his story) So even more reasons to + it up for the theme picking.
    Last edited by mo0nX; 08-08-2014 at 07:37 AM.