GH tier list for August 2014

David keeps bugging me to update my tier list. Here it is! As usual if anyone else has any feedback they'd like to give me, it'll be mostly ignored, but I might read it .

Tier 0

Superman, Atomic Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Doomsday

Tier 1

Harley Quinn, Joker, Shazam, Green Lantern, Arcane Green Lantern, Star Sapphire, Nightmare Superman, Atomic Green Lantern, Robin, Poison Ivy

Tier 2

Wonder Woman, Zatanna, Mecha Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Gaslight Joker, Sinestro, Batman, Blue Beetle, Mecha Superman, Flash, Supergirl

Tier 3

Green Arrow, Nightmare Batman, Atomic Wonder Woman, Gaslight Batman, Gaslight Catwoman, Cyborg, Atrocitus

Reasoning/Explanation

A few big changes since the last tier list I put out. Superman is probably the strongest competitive pick right now in gotham heights. He brings so much utility, global presence, damage, and mobility. There's no negative to picking this champion. There's a reason why he had a 100% pick or ban rate in the tournament.

Joker brings a lot of damage to the table, even if he isn't hitting the right targets. By constantly firing out qs and ws, as long as he's hitting something, he'll overwhelm any team with how much damage he's able to put out. Despite being all skillshot reliant, he feels the most reliable and slippery of all of the power damage blasters.

Green Lantern also brings a lot of damage to the table, he just needs to be careful about being focused. Thankfully if he gets dogpiled, his ultimate stands a pretty good chance of saving him. At the very least, by hitting key targets with his spells, he's very effective and does a lot of damage.

Mecha Superman is still a great pick for a tank by virtue of being able to destroy enemy bleed portals without relying on super strength. That being said, superstrength is still a really good spell, and even if you're not using it to destroy bleed portals the CC and damage the spell brings is excellent.

Nightmare Superman brings a great deal of utility to the table. His damage isn't that impressive, but it's still consistent enough to be noticed. Nightmare Superman is great because he can screw over full melee teams, while also having the ability to lock down key targets for his own team to focus. The armor penetration he grants through his passive and q is great for blasters.

Robin has really been impressing me lately. Admittedly I had a great deal of bias with this champion, because I narrowly lost a game while I was playing him. His inability to duel other otherpowered bruisers like doomsday left me a little underwhelmed. That's not why you pick Robin though. Ultimately, Robin functions great under the condition that there's someone on your team worth peeling for, because this guy brings a tonne of disengage. He's a sturdy bruiser that can split up teams and help focus targets down. You pick him for the good of your team, and not to carry yourself in solo queue.

Star Sapphire has been underwhelming be a bit lately. She's still strong and annoying as hell to fight against, but her damage feels a bit delayed compared to what I used to see. Same thing with Sinestro. It's been a while since I've seen a good Sinestro being played. I feel like he's too late game oriented, and gives up a lot of power early game for what he's able to accomplish after 20 minutes.

Gaslight Joker is a funny champ. His ham is long ranged disruption, he's tanky as hell, and puts out respectable damage.

Supergirl's numbers are really low, and her true damage does not make up for it. Whenever I look at end game stats and see how much true damage she deals, I'm surprised at just how little it actually is. She gets a pass into tier 2 because her kit is actually kinda decent all things considered. She has just enough steroids and consistent damage output to be useful. That being said, I see her more like an AD assassin with a lot of utility, instead of a bruiser. At the same time, she's not going to be putting out the kind of damage you'd expect to see from an AD assassin. It's weird.

Flash feels manageable now. His mobility is still insane, but his damage is no longer the most stupid thing on GH.

Batman's early game is really strong, which makes him a great candidate for snowballing bot lane and shutting down a lot of champions. He's a sturdy bruiser. That being said if I wanted a frontline I'd feel more inclined to pick Doomsday, Superman, or Robin instead of him.

Blue Beetle looks great on paper. He's an ideal tank killer. Unfortunately his execution is a bit lacking.

Atomic Wonder Woman was picked waaaaaay too much in the tournament. She NEEDS to get ahead in the early game because if she doesn't she falls off hard. Her early game cooldowns are way too long. That being said, her potential damage from abusing revved w resets is quite high. Unfortunately she has to build offensively to be effective making her easy to focus in teamfights. Her ultimate is her only saving grace, and even then it's not enough.

Re: GH tier list for August 2014

ahem...GL joker is in teir " ham" right above teir 0 ..thank you
    Yes..over NINE THOUSAND!!

also..Consider Ham as an option.

Protector

I definitely don't see how Blue Beetle is a tank killer, and feel he is much less of one than the high-scaling marksmen (Cyborg/MWW) or GL/SS/Joker, or Atomic GL, or Ivy/GLJ/NSM.

That's a very high placement for Arcane GL, I wouldn't have put him above Atomic GL. whom I consider a stronger pick much of the time than even Atomic Poison Ivy.

I'd say much of what Robin does Wonder Woman does better.

Quote Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
    I definitely don't see how Blue Beetle is a tank killer, and feel he is much less of one than the high-scaling marksmen (Cyborg/MWW) or GL/SS/Joker, or Atomic GL, or Ivy/GLJ/NSM.

That's a very high placement for Arcane GL, I wouldn't have put him above Atomic GL. whom I consider a stronger pick much of the time than even Atomic Poison Ivy.

I'd say much of what Robin does Wonder Woman does better.
    I consider Blue Beetle a tank killer because of how much true damage he's able to put out based of the enemy's current health. Because he can constantly disengage, while also constantly reengage and finish off low health targets with true damage I consider him a deadly force against tanks, bruisers and other champs that don't want to get kited. Unfortunately he's a bit lacking in some areas which is why I put him in tier 2. His ability to put out damage and not get shut down by SoS though is a part of why he was placed in tier 2.

Arcane Green Lantern is up there for his ability to be effective and tanky without needing to build many items, while also having global presence and impressive peel for his team.

Robin is AD and WW is PD. Wonder Woman can lock someone down, but Robin knocks people back while enhancing his own team's damage. I'd pick WW if I wanted to teamfight and AoE nuke people down. I'd pick Robin if I wanted to protect high priority targets and have powerful small skirmishing ability.

Protector

Sure, the mobility is fantastic against bruisers, but I wouldn't call him a tank killer because he won't kill them as fast as MWW/Cyborg. He's great at kiting them sure.

I'd actually prefer WW ult to Robin's for peel, and WW's sticking power and very high personal mobility in skirmishes.

What's a "Tier List"? What do you do with this? Is this something from the Devs on which champions they are going to change?

TIA
    "C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. C'est de la folie."
    ("It is magnificent, but it is not war. It is madness.")

~ French Marshal Pierre Bosquet ~

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
    What's a "Tier List"? What do you do with this? Is this something from the Devs on which champions they are going to change?

TIA
    A list of how strong each champion is from best to worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Workshop_Shaco View Post
    A list of how strong each champion is from best to worst.
    Tier 0
    Atomic Poison Ivy
    Wow... I'm going to have to go to dawnbase and hunt up new builds if AtPI is strongest - I certainly get whomped badly playing her.
    "C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. C'est de la folie."
    ("It is magnificent, but it is not war. It is madness.")

~ French Marshal Pierre Bosquet ~

Respectable list and no discrepancies from what I would've put. Greatly compiled for those questioning the respectable strengths, but some insight to each champ might help as to why to those wondering. All in all I'll pick my shazam all day.