Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

A plea to the still active community

I'm not as active as I once was, in the group of waiting for the September update, but I still get on at least once a day for a game. The queues have been pretty sad, but not terrible.

I usually group with 1 other friend or solo. I have a friends list that I made in the past 4 months of playing (30-something people!), and I used to easily find groups to play with. But only 2 people are actually still active.

One thing I'm noticing is that the majority of my games are against 5 man pre-mades groups, you can tell as they all have the same tag in their name.

So this is a plea to those people.

The active community is at an all time low right now, and grouping with your 5 man, Voice Communication, experienced friends is not helping. So how about splitting your groups into 2 or 3 people?

I just played a game against a full pre-made team and it was boring. Besides the frustration of playing against a pre-made with VOIP, there was ZERO chatter in all chat. No friendly banter, not even unfriendly banter... None. At the end of the game, I asked one of them if they could split their 5 man groups for more fair play. And you know what? I was told to go make friends by one of their members before they all just disconnected without a word.

Gee thanks, that's an amazing suggestion.

You know what would make that easier? If I wasn't constantly put against full pre-made teams where my team is nothing but frustrated, and the opposing team completely ignores us. So easy to make friends in those conditions.

It would also be great to see some of those Community events that Turbine stated were a great idea a few weeks ago. That would be a good place to meet more people to group with.
    "But if Bruce taught me anything, it's that you have to have a game plan for everything, even for death." - Tim Drake (Robin)

Re: A plea to the still active community

Being new here, and completely new to mobas (though since I enjoyed IC so much I installed LoL but don't care for it the same as I like DC too much) I'm not sure how long the que is on general for the other games in the genre.

I typically play early am EST, early afternoon EST, and late evening EST. For 5vAI I wait about 2 minutes, for GH I generally wait between 1-3 minutes.

I do think the in game chat is severely limited. One it dissapears if you move to another screen, like going from home to the store, or to your profile, etc. This makes it hard to have conversation as you might not see replies right away. Two it should have a looking for group setting, that maybe changes the color of your name, or if you want to play specific matches it'll say something like;

<gunghorjc-lfg-gh> hey everyone
    <randomname01-lfg-gd> hey gung
    <randomname02-lfg-gh> gung I have 1 spot open in a group for gh if you want it

I think that would improve the queing and chat system a lot.

that is do to the fact you are at a low level gunghorjc, where there are a lot of people. the higher in level you go the fewer the number of people still playing and thus the longer the wait time.

but I also attribute this to it being summer and not as many of our target audience is available to play. I know for a fact that if I was still in high school then I would not be playing this game right now, I would be on a family vacation where there was no internet connection. yes people do have lives (or so I am told) so to the original poster I ask that you hang in there a wait for the September update. hopefully those that left will return then.

I play on the west coast and things look pretty grim. I can't play as much during the day so I have to play at night, and it is just dead. I have literally finished a book while waiting in que. I guess catching up on my reading is one of the few positives of this experience. Don't get me wrong I love the game, but almost 90% of my time is now spent waiting in que. It also doesn't help that I don't like Gotham heights very much. So all I do is wait in GD que, play an A.I. game for the daily, and go to bed. The truly sad thing is I used to be pretty good at this game, but only playing one A.I. game a night has pretty much regressed me back to square one.
    Last edited by Montgomeryflint; 08-07-2014 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Axite View Post
    I just played a game against a full pre-made team and it was boring. Besides the frustration of playing against a pre-made with VOIP, there was ZERO chatter in all chat. No friendly banter, not even unfriendly banter... None. At the end of the game, I asked one of them if they could split their 5 man groups for more fair play. And you know what? I was told to go make friends by one of their members before they all just disconnected without a word.
    How you dare to suggest that? They are friends and want to play in 5 man always. If the others think that is frustrating or not fun too bad for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Montgomeryflint View Post
    I play on the west coast and things look pretty grim. I can't play as much during the day so I have to play at night, and it is just dead. I have literally finished a book while waiting in que. I guess catching up on my reading is one of the few positives of this experience. Don't get me wrong I love the game, but almost 90% of my time is now spent waiting in que. It also doesn't help that I don't like Gotham heights very much.

Same here bub. Once midnight rolls around GD is pretty dead because east coasters are asleep. Since I usually get on IC at around 11pm, I can fit in one or MAYBE two games before the game dies. And I don't even touch GH anymore, so it's either wait 20 minutes in queue or play against bots.

First of all, I'm going to comment on what this post is about. As usual, this is a post attempting to force tagged players to play alone, because people find them too much in public games. In a sense, this is a matchmaking problem as the community isn't big enough yet.

However, i will link you to a post I made earlier these weeks, https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...y-and-the-Devs

If you read this you'll understand our point of view. One shouldn't whine about people being stronger, you should learn from them and take what you can to get to their level and beat them.

While I'm at it ill give a shoutout, to MHero, Mikkeltheone and ManOfSteel, these three players a couple months ago were basically unknown to the competitive scene, and from experience they'd lose most games vs myself and some other tagged players.

Nowadays when needed I've had them sub for my team, and fully respect them when playing against them, because even if they lose, they give their best and always put up a good challenge.

You cannot whine about a match being boring if after someone dies u flame them and go afk, "because the enemies are 5 pre-made anyways so no chance". This is completely an attitude problem, and even if this may sound harsh and u may dislike me for it, it is a loser's attitude. Until you change and strive to win, you will keep telling yourself the same thing, that numbers is what's winning them games, but in the end, you'll realise that they're better individually, and until you match at least one of them individually, it wont matter how many he or she is in group with, you wont beat them.
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,

No evil shall escape my sight.

Let those who worship evil's might

Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!"

Considering Harmony

Heu tspark, he didn't said anything about flaming and/or going afk, he is frustrated, and although you claim that we need to undestand you point of view, have you ever tryied to understand his point of view? Don't get me wrong, but whole "keep losing to us and learn untill someday you get better " is quite annoyng and frustrating to any solo player. I don't fully agree with him, but can't deny that he has a point.

but in the end, you'll realise that they're better individually, and until you match at least one of them individually, it wont matter how many he or she is in group with, you wont beat them.
    But even if one is better than you individually, you can hope the other on your team will do best, except that this is unlikely to happen against 5 in that same condition. And keeping a winner attitude is hard when after 5 min and at least 2/3 lanes have died a few times.
    I'm not going to say that what you do is wrong but you seem to lack empathy for the others who only want to play against a balanced team skill wise and keep encountering that instead. Currently MMR and population are unable to provide so, and you can blame Turbine for that all you want, it is somewhat their fault, but they can't fix that with time, while what they usually propose to you can be done inmediatly. To quote Mecha Superman "If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem".

And you can't learn to walk until you learn to crawl, as much as you think that giving them a crash course throught constant defeat against runners is the solution.

The point is we don't group up cos we have problems winning, we group up cos we enjoy each other's company, and who is anyone to tell us that we can't. thats just being selfish, then when i go solo i get someone in a 3 man pre-made who lost 10 times to me that spends 15 minutes flaming me if they win, saying we suck on our own and such.

So no dont go telling me about empathy, when people get some manners and a better attitude maybe we'll consider it.
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,

No evil shall escape my sight.

Let those who worship evil's might

Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!"