Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Re: A plea to the still active community

Quote Originally Posted by derzig View Post
    As one of a few of my friends new to the game, we also find this incredibly frustrating. I haven't even accumulated enough merit to create an entire set for one of my champions yet, though I'm frequently flung into matches with premade 5 man level 40-50 protectors. I can appreciate a good loss just as much as the next guy, but when you're up against teams that absolutely crush you game after game after game, it gets old really fast. On top of that, most of the folks I've encountered doing premades are actually quite rude, and just spend the entire match laughing about how hard they're giving it to you if they say anything at all.

Is there any reason why queues can't be modified so that 5-man premade groups can only be paired against other groups? It probably does have something to do with the size of the community, but I have no idea how the community is going to grow dealing with this kind of gameplay. I'm pretty close to calling it quits myself, even though the game is pretty fun.
    Add me and group with me if you'd like (if you're on US that is). I'm also on almost daily at my twitch in my sig and ready to give tips or champ viewings for those interested in seeing how certain chars play.
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

You stay classy Ron Burgandy

I hugely support tagged players splitting up! It's a lot more fun to get a random team

Quote Originally Posted by RedBrigade View Post
    You're an assassin.
    How... How do you know that? do you work in the same agency as me? or am i just spoiling everything? TELL ME!
    *o*
    If you are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your code isn't working or got any comment or feedback.
    GO HERE:
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

Submit a ticket, to do all listed above and even more.

*How To post a DxDiag

*Infinite Crisis Forum's Rules

*I'm Famous <3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    MY FAV STREAMS!
    Sycogenesis' Stream :http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis
    Beco's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dps_beco
    Hammerborn's Stream: twitch.tv/hammerreborn

The irony is that the Tags were given away like free samples during that whole name change thing. Not saying its a bad thing, but when the line between "pro" and "tagged amateurs" isn't clear for a new player; the hope gets lost on new players, despite having a chance to beat the majority of tagged players. I remember the struggles to get your name changed to a tag back in the day, there was a line, but these days 5 friends who aren't even trying to compete can get tagged. Meaning a new player sees some acronym and thinks, oh snap, these guys are better than us. Which isn't necessarily the case.

Quote Originally Posted by hammerreborn View Post
    I'm more partial to Iron Green Arrow

http://i.imgur.com/YTze5EQ.png
    Is it just me; or does he really look like Dr. Doom?
    V3G3TA: "Im pretty confident about my member...probly why I use Ham, and focus on the W, not the kdr...big guy thrwin his meat around sayin stuff. one really understands...with hair fom the 80 s...yep.. that ham makes me feel li myself"

Quote Originally Posted by tSpark View Post

Furthermore, Dannin, I'm in no way interested in doing 1v1's asking for such is just showing me more how immature one can be.
    Given your rather constant attacks on people who point out its impossible to learn while getting stomped its not immature is asking you to verify your "skill"

A good example of being unable to learn from a stomp is a few months back i think it was celes and some streamers who did a complete troll gd with a TANK cyborg with no dps gear a PD superman with no AD gear an AD ivy cant remember the other 2 but the troll build as well and completely dominated the pug they ended up against.

Quote Originally Posted by derzig View Post
    As one of a few of my friends new to the game, we also find this incredibly frustrating. I haven't even accumulated enough merit to create an entire set for one of my champions yet, though I'm frequently flung into matches with premade 5 man level 40-50 protectors. I can appreciate a good loss just as much as the next guy, but when you're up against teams that absolutely crush you game after game after game, it gets old really fast. On top of that, most of the folks I've encountered doing premades are actually quite rude, and just spend the entire match laughing about how hard they're giving it to you if they say anything at all.

Is there any reason why queues can't be modified so that 5-man premade groups can only be paired against other groups? It probably does have something to do with the size of the community, but I have no idea how the community is going to grow dealing with this kind of gameplay. I'm pretty close to calling it quits myself, even though the game is pretty fun.
    Turbine knows about this and there are supposed to be some fixes coming in Sept. Exactly how they will fix this issue I don't know but they are well aware of the problem. You are not the first or will be the last one to have this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by hammerreborn View Post
    Add me and group with me if you'd like (if you're on US that is). I'm also on almost daily at my twitch in my sig and ready to give tips or champ viewings for those interested in seeing how certain chars play.
    How funny. Having just explained how hard it is to play against a pre-made you offer to make a pre-made with him...

Nice to offer though and I hope he takes it up.
    Last edited by Chrysalis; 08-12-2014 at 01:29 AM. Reason: typos
    "C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. C'est de la folie."
    ("It is magnificent, but it is not war. It is madness.")

~ French Marshal Pierre Bosquet ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dannin View Post
    Given your rather constant attacks on people who point out its impossible to learn while getting stomped its not immature is asking you to verify your "skill"

A good example of being unable to learn from a stomp is a few months back i think it was celes and some streamers who did a complete troll gd with a TANK cyborg with no dps gear a PD superman with no AD gear an AD ivy cant remember the other 2 but the troll build as well and completely dominated the pug they ended up against.
    1st, of troll building in a 5man premade is something i find very disrespectful, I just see it as the premades putting the enemy team down even further, as if they're saying, "we don't even need to try to beat you" hence why i wouldn't do it.

Second I don't go premade with the same people over and over, I generally get randomly invited and I've gone into groups of random people whom I randomly got added by, I don't mind grouping with a random group of people, as long as they don't invite me for the sole reason to be carried, I'm fine with it, and if they have a really good attitude towards advice, even better. So I'll close my comments here, whoever wants to add me and group with me, be my guest, and if you're really that desperate to try me, go ahead dan, add me and we'll see.
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,

No evil shall escape my sight.

Let those who worship evil's might

Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mrlucho View Post
    How... How do you know that? do you work in the same agency as me? or am i just spoiling everything? TELL ME!
    *o*
    Green Arrow's Surveillance Camera.

Also I've played with you.