Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1

    Lack of female champions

    Hi everyone, I started to play today, and I'm really liking the game, despite it's flaws (wich I hope will be corrected with time), but I've noticed that untill now we have only a few female champions, and most of them are the "femme fatale" stereotype (star saphire, ivy and catwomans) or too sexualized (I mean, it was really necessary to highlight in red Supergirl's 'private parts'? It's not like people wouldn't be able to find them without the red thing in her costume). In the future will we have more 'strong women' in the losts sectors, like Big Barda, the female Steel, Batgirl or Hawkgirl? And i have a complain too, the in game T&F Robin costume is not as hot as he is in the splah art :/

  2. #2
    Protector Wurm_king's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    phantom zone
    Posts
    2,328

    Re: Lack of female champions

    time will tell, the problem though with the "strong women" characters is that all of there powers are similar and it can be a little difficult to make them different enough not to be clones of each other and of the male super strength characters.

    but I have no doubt that we will be getting some more female characters at some point soon and they probably wont be the "femme fatale" stereotype as you put it.

  3. #3
    Considering Harmony Firellius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    38

    Re: Lack of female champions

    Quote Originally Posted by Niniane View Post
    too sexualized (I mean, it was really necessary to highlight in red Supergirl's 'private parts'? It's not like people wouldn't be able to find them without the red thing in her costume).

    (...)

    And i have a complain too, the in game T&F Robin costume is not as hot as he is in the splah art :/
    In one post. Remarkable.

    Anyway, Zatanna doesn't fall in the Femme Fatale or Sexualised category, neither does Mecha Wonder Woman or Harley Quinn. Quite frankly, they're doing well on female champions. I don't think there's any reason to complain. You also have to realise that the femme fatales differ considerably amongst one another. Catwoman is a femme fatale on guile, Gascat on wit, Atomic Wonder Woman has a lot of bravado.

    Quite frankly, the worst female champion is Star Sapphire in my opinion. Her voice-over isn't very good and her lines are pretty bad.

  4. #4

    Re: Lack of female champions

    Hey Firellius, maybe I couldn't made myself clear, I'm not against sexualized champions, female or male (I'm waiting for a summer shirtless shazam ) , and never said that the women were the same. I just wondered that the game could have more independent and strong women. You may not believe me, but when a gamer girl (like me) finds characters who are more than "hey, I'm sexy", it's more likely to her to give the game a try. For example, Big Barda: she's strong , independent, stuborn and harshly, a very diferent kind of hero than the classics femme fatales usually portaited in games. As I said, i'm extremely new to the game, and I was just saying my first impressions about the roster.

  5. #5
    Community Advocate Mrlucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,231

    Re: Lack of female champions

    Quote Originally Posted by Niniane View Post
    Hey Firellius, maybe I couldn't made myself clear, I'm not against sexualized champions, female or male (I'm waiting for a summer shirtless shazam ) , and never said that the women were the same. I just wondered that the game could have more independent and strong women. You may not believe me, but when a gamer girl (like me) finds characters who are more than "hey, I'm sexy", it's more likely to her to give the game a try. For example, Big Barda: she's strong , independent, stuborn and harshly, a very diferent kind of hero than the classics femme fatales usually portaited in games. As I said, i'm extremely new to the game, and I was just saying my first impressions about the roster.
    We will have them in time, most of the Female dc chars are like this, as mentioned all the current female champions are brave, Star Sapphire and Harley Quinn doesn't fits the brave tag at all, just a bit, but yeah maybe in the future we'll see Vixen, Big Barda, another supergirl (prime supergirl, that's her New 52 style, i seriously don't noticed the "red panties" a lot of people mention, i never notice it till someone does)
    If you are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your code isn't working or got any comment or feedback.
    GO HERE:
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

    Submit a ticket, to do all listed above and even more.


    *How To post a DxDiag


    *Infinite Crisis Forum's Rules

    *I'm Famous <3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    MY FAV STREAMS!
    Sycogenesis' Stream :http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis
    Beco's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dps_beco
    Hammerborn's Stream: twitch.tv/hammerreborn

  6. #6
    Community Advocate Kuzon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    981

    Re: Lack of female champions

    Quote Originally Posted by Niniane View Post
    the future will we have more 'strong women' in the losts sectors, like Big Barda, the female Steel, Batgirl or Hawkgirl?
    whaaa? Batgirl and Hawkgirl not sexualized? Maybe they have some new design I've missed out on.

    Barda has been requested for a long time so I'm sure we'll get her eventually.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrlucho View Post
    i seriously don't noticed the "red panties" a lot of people mention, i never notice it till someone does)
    I notice it all the time. Never liked that diamond crotch design

  7. #7

    Re: Lack of female champions

    Batgirl has a new suit, much more useful and less sexual, but when i talked about her and hawkgirl I was meaning they're attitude, wich is much more 'valiant' and brave tham most of heroines.

  8. #8
    Community Advocate Kuzon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    981

    Re: Lack of female champions

    Quote Originally Posted by Niniane View Post
    Batgirl has a new suit, much more useful and less sexual, but when i talked about her and hawkgirl I was meaning they're attitude, wich is much more 'valiant' and brave tham most of heroines.
    Oh right I forgot about her new suit. I thought they'd change it since it's almost exactly like Hit Girl. But knowing Turbine at least there will be different outfits (hopefully one will have the awesome thick curly hair)

    If you go by attitude in-game then really only Ivy fits. I guess Catwoman too since she has that one line. Besides them two no one else has flirty/sexual lines.

    edit: now I just want batgirl in the game
    Last edited by Kuzon; 08-08-2014 at 10:02 PM.

  9. #9
    Character Designer Vesuvium's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    59

    Re: Lack of female champions

    Hey, we hear you, Niniane. The number and variety of female characters is something we think about often, because we recognize how important it can be to some players. Having characters you identify with and like is awesome, and it's often easier to identify with characters of your own gender. We definitely have more female champions coming up in the future, with a variety of personalities and backgrounds. Stay tuned.
    Last edited by IC_Vesuvium; 08-10-2014 at 09:15 PM.

  10. #10
    Providing Harmony KoH_David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    825

    Re: Lack of female champions

    Quote Originally Posted by IC_Vesuvium View Post
    Hey, we hear you, Niniane. The number and variety of female characters is something we think about often, because we recognize how important it can be to some players. Having characters you identify with and like is awesome, and it's often easier to identify with characters of your own gender. We definitely have more female champions coming up in the future, with a variety of personalities and backgrounds. Stay tuned.
    This means Arcane Supergirl soon tm. This pleases me cause she is themed (or semi themed?) after the best mythological creature ever. :P

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •