Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: How Do You Describe Infinite Crisis To Your Friends?

"DC Comics MOBA, derived from LoL as opposed to DotA or HoN. It's just a bit more offense oriented than LoL is, maybe less than SMITE, but still good enough."

The problem is that most MOBAs nowadays favor tankiness (I sacrifice the ability to do things to you to make sure you can't do anything to me) over offense. SMITE used to be really good at that, but over the past four patches or so, they've quickly LoL-ified the game. Unfortunately, IC has some bruiser issues as well with characters like Doomsday, Superman and Batman being disproportionately powerful to their difficulty level. But it's pretty doable. And Zatanna, unless she's nerfed, will always have a meaningful impact as a blaster due to her kit.

I describe a MoBA with the DC universe characters, and alternate dimension versions of the characters ....but I also mention no Deathstroke .... and they rage

Considering Harmony

I would tell them that its a game that we should play together to play with all kinds of bad players and good players that are both fun to play with. I also tell them its very fun to play with the DC characters and their different universes. I also tell them to not play right now for it is not in playable conditions for a new guy or a seasoned players on mobas I might enjoy it but they will not. I told them that when Turbine gets into the game with a lot of more champs and maps of alternate universes its one game ill recommend but that remains to be seen.

I don't know, Space, I'm new to the MOBA genre really - never cared for it in the past - and I really enjoy Infinite Crisis. So I am about as newb as it gets and I've managed to stumble along and figure it out. Sure, there's a learning curve, but new players can and do adapt. Even with the current gameplay issues, I still find it very playable. I have certainly played worse betas, that's for sure.

As for what I tell my friends, not a lot of them play or want anything to do with a MOBA. Those that do, I say, "It's like your disgusting League of Legends game, except with DC comics characters. And .. um, fun." Then I clue them in to the issues, mention it's still in beta, that it's free to play (of course) and that they should try it. However, the LoL disease takes over and they spit venom at me and stumble away into the woods, frothing and mumbling to themselves.

It's so sad. =(

It's like LoL but with superheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird4 View Post
    It's like LoL but with superheroes.
    It's like trying to describe some exotic meat that others haven't tried before: It all tastes like chicken.
    And of course the old comeback line is: Well.. why don't they just serve chicken?!!!
    "C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. C'est de la folie."
    ("It is magnificent, but it is not war. It is madness.")

~ French Marshal Pierre Bosquet ~

Imagine LoL is a sausage, do you like meat? well, Infinite Crisis is a bloody Steak. omnomnom (sound effects included)
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,

No evil shall escape my sight.

Let those who worship evil's might

Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!"

"LOL with Batman"

I skip the LOL and just say Batman.

Batman on Infinite Earths