Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Considering Harmony texansamurai's Avatar

Why is DD skill stronger than SG ULTIMATE

SCROLL DOWN TO IN COMPARISON IF YOU DONT LIKE READING

I just now noticed by it appears that DD's skill charge (just a regular E skill), its significantly stronger and better than SG's Comet Ultimate. Why is this?

To make sure I wasn't just assuming that CHARGE was a better skill than an Ultimate, I did the math.
    Now lets assume that both SG and DD both have 100 bonus attack damage, and that they are both in Tier 4 of the skill.

Charge (E)

Doomsday dashes to an enemy Champion and carries them forward. When he picks them up, he deals 40 Attack Damage to his target. If Doomsday carries them into a wall, they will take an additional 55 Attack Damage and be knocked down for 0.8 seconds.
    Kryptonian Rage Active: Doomsday will carry his target 50% further (Same distance as SG I presume).

Tier 4 Damage:130
    + 45% Bonus Attack Damage

So initially the skill does 130 Damage + 45 extra (From AD bonus) to give us 175
    but wait, now we have to include the impact damage

Tier 4 Impact Damage:160 + 65% Bonus Attack Damage

So 175(initial damage)+ 160 + 65 = 400 Damage

Tier 4 Knock Down:1.5

Tier 4 Cooldown:9

To sum it up.. Doomsday [E] = 400 Damage with a 1.5 second knockdown (assuming he does an impact into the wall) up to every 9 seconds.

=========================================
    Now we look at Supergirl

Comet (R)
    Supergirl grabs her target and dashes with them. When the dash ends her target takes 175 Attack Damage and is Knocked Down for 1 second.
    Any enemies struck by Supergirl while she is dashing are Knocked Up for 1 second.

Tier 4 Damage:445+ 70% Bonus Attack Damage
    So Supergirl's ult would do 515 damage.

Tier 4 Cooldown: 60

So to sum it up, Supergirl does 515 damage plus a 1 second stun to everyone in her way and the target, every 60 seconds.

========================================

DD can do at a minimum (not including impact damage) :175x6(number of times DD's [E] can be used in the time of 1 SG ult) =1050 Damage (Already surpassing SG) Wow... and this is the minimum damage. I am sure someone playing DD can get some one into the wall at least one time.

Let's assume DD lands every single hit into a wall for maximum results and compare.
    400 x 6 = 2400 damage. Plus you get a longer knockdown.

In comparison
    Supergirl's Comet : 515 Damage, 1 second knockdown to anyone in path, 60 second cooldown
    Minimum Damage Doomsday Charge: 1050 Damage, No knockdown, 9x6 (Over a period of 54 seconds.)
    Maximum Damage Doomsday Charge: 2400 Damage, 1.5 Knockdown (1 person), 9x6 (Over a period of 54 seconds.)

Looking at the numbers, Supergirls ultimate only preforms better by guaranteeing a stun due to the fact that you don't have to impact someone into the wall. However the fact that she carries them further than DD is not valid, seeing DD can use his ult at least once every 60 seconds to push back the same distance. SO WHY IS SG ULT SO WEAK in comparison.

To me an ultimate should not be below the strength of another ones regular skill. Or is DD just too strong?

DD's [E] does more damage, and has a longer knockdown. Why is the Charge skill stronger than the SG ultimate?
    Last edited by texansamurai; 08-11-2014 at 02:28 PM.

Protector

Re: Why is DD skill stronger than SG ULTIMATE

Why is Thorn Shield stronger than Deny the Black, why is Scorched Earth stronger than Meltdown, why is dps stronger than burst. These are all silly questions.

Considering Harmony

Well you seem to be concentrating on only her ult. Dooms does far more damage with that one skill yes, but hes not as sticky as SG. She has better gap closers, and a nasty nasty passive that supplement the lackluster ult. Also take into consideration Doomsdays ult, which is a useful tool but does zero damage.

look I agree with you I think that Supergirl's ultimate needs to be looked at. personally I think that any enemy she pushes her initial target through should receive damage. but this is one of many issues and supergirl/doomsday is not the only champion that has this comparison issue. Aquamans Q can do more damage then Shazams Ultimate just to give an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdrayne View Post
    Well you seem to be concentrating on only her ult. Dooms does far more damage with that one skill yes, but hes not as sticky as SG. She has better gap closers, and a nasty nasty passive that supplement the lackluster ult. Also take into consideration Doomsdays ult, which is a useful tool but does zero damage.
    Well overall I do feel like DD and SG are almost identical. They both have a skill that can do group damage [Q], they both have a skill that increases move speed (supergirls [E] and DD's [W]). Both have a skill that increases damage output by a set amount (DD's Ult and SG passive). In the end I don't see what makes SG balanced or close to being as strong as DD despite their similar kit structure. The only thing SG has got for her is movespeed. Its just unfortunate to see how a regular skill can outperform an ultimate. Volandum was saying that their are other skills that outperform Ults, but deny the black and meltdown have way higher maximum damage yields if done right. SG's ult will seemingly never outperform the basic DD [E] skill

Quote Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
    Why is Thorn Shield stronger than Deny the Black, why is Scorched Earth stronger than Meltdown, why is dps stronger than burst. These are all silly questions.
    Thorn Shield is not stronger than Deny the Black. Deny the black teleports you, plus it reveals all enemies within an area, and puts the passive on everyone in that area... Thus I would say the Ult is indeed better than that passive skill

Meltdown has greater potential to do more damage because it pules 6 times, follows its target, applies the passive damage on the target, and has a bigger target radius which if done right could apply its passive to multiply targets multiplying the damage.

Once again the Ult is stronger than the skill.

So why is the Doomsday skill (identical to SG's ult in ALMOST everyway) out preform the ultimate.
    Last edited by texansamurai; 08-11-2014 at 04:21 PM.

again I think to fix this all they have to do is apply damage and knock up to all champions hit by supergirls ultimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wurm_king View Post
    again I think to fix this all they have to do is apply damage and knock up to all champions hit by supergirls ultimate.
    Perfect!

------

The whole point of an ultimate skill is to be a game changer or reserve of an attempt to do massive damage/support

noun: ultimate; noun: the ultimate; plural noun: ultimates
    1. the best achievable or imaginable of its kind.

Seeing a regular skill outpreforming an identical ultimate skill seems ... well... wrong.
    Last edited by texansamurai; 08-11-2014 at 03:22 PM.

Protector

Thorn Shield is Ivy Prime's shield, with 60% of Deny the Black's Will scaling and 1/12 of the Cooldown. Scorched Earth pulses twice (with more damage and a better ratio), and can be used 24 times per meltdown. You make an argument based entirely around assuming that skills can be used to good effect every time they are off cooldown, which is simply untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
    Thorn Shield is Ivy Prime's shield, with 60% of Deny the Black's Will scaling and 1/12 of the Cooldown. Scorched Earth pulses twice (with more damage and a better ratio), and can be used 24 times per meltdown. You make an argument based entirely around assuming that skills can be used to good effect every time they are off cooldown, which is simply untrue.
    As i have stated before. Thorn shield is not the same as Deny the black. Thorn shield does not reveal an area, does not teleport you, does not apply the passive to everyone and cant be casted from halfway across the map to an ally of your choosing. They are different in many ways and can be argued that Deny the Black is infact a bigger game changer or stronger skill then Thorn shield.

Same with Meltdown and Scorched earth. Scorched earth has to be targeted to a spot while Meltdown can be targeted directly and at a greater range. Meltdown gurantees a slow due to a minimum of pulsing on one target 4 times. Meltdown has a bigger radius. Meltdown follows a target. Meltdown can hit more targets at once. Although you say Scorched earth can do more damage, your assuming that every single one hits its target, and does so one after another to apply the passive. Meltdown gurantees the passive on your target.

Again, Meltdown and Scorched earth are different in many ways, and your assuming that the skill is used to good effect every time, the very thing you accuse me of. Meltdown doesnt need to be aimed like Scorched earth. It is possible to miss 24 times and do no damage. Very hard to dodge meltdown.

In the case of DD and SG... they are almost 100% identical.... They both do A damage.... They both scale off Bonus AD..... They both push a target from point a to point b... They both knockdown a target. The only difference is that SG's ult has the potential to knock down multiple people.
    Last edited by texansamurai; 08-11-2014 at 04:20 PM.