Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Why is DD skill stronger than SG ULTIMATE

actually thorn shield does scale off of will.

Considering Harmony texansamurai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wurm_king View Post
    actually thorn shield does scale off of will.
    Ah! thats right! Was thinking about the shield Atomic Ivy gets. I corrected my post, thanks. Despite that, I still think Deny the black is a stronger skill as it should be.

oh I agree. only things thorn shield does is last for three seconds, scale off will, and inflict slow on attacking enemies, wild deny the black creates a shield, teleports, reveal the map and applies the healing passive to all enemies in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdrayne View Post
    Well you seem to be concentrating on only her ult. Dooms does far more damage with that one skill yes, but hes not as sticky as SG. She has better gap closers, and a nasty nasty passive that supplement the lackluster ult. Also take into consideration Doomsdays ult, which is a useful tool but does zero damage.
    Que?

Doomsday is obscenely sticky due to that dash and a brutally high base movespeed, AND a movespeed steroid, AND pummeling assault, which I'm fairly certain reduces impact of slows.

EDIT: On the subject of Thorn Shield vs. Deny The Black: Yes it teleports, yes it reveals the map, yes it applies the passive mark to all nearby enemies, but did no one mention the influence Deny The Black has due to its gigantic range?
    Last edited by Firellius; 08-11-2014 at 04:29 PM.

yes, on the first page

Quote Originally Posted by texansamurai View Post
    Perfect!

------

The whole point of an ultimate skill is to be a game changer or reserve of an attempt to do massive damage/support

noun: ultimate; noun: the ultimate; plural noun: ultimates
    1. the best achievable or imaginable of its kind.

Seeing a regular skill outpreforming an identical ultimate skill seems ... well... wrong.
    Wait, WHAT?

You're seeing a character with too much mobility and too much durability do too much damage with an ability (THREE HUNDRED BASE!? And it's NOT a blaster!?) and your response is "Well let's buff the other godforsaken OP characters then!"?

**** NO! Supergirl stays where she is, Doomsday needs to get his damage HALVED.
    Last edited by Firellius; 08-12-2014 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firellius View Post
    Wait, WHAT?

You're seeing a character with too much mobility and too much durability do too much damage with an ability (THREE HUNDRED BASE!? And it's NOT a blaster!?) and your response is "Well let's buff the other godforsaken OP characters then!"?

**** NO! Supergirl stays where she is, Doomsday needs to get his damage HALVED.
    you really think that supergirl is over powered? she is the least tanky bruiser in the game. for someone who was built to be a dueling bruiser she has the least armor and the least amount of damage in her starting abilities, and a skill shot that is difficult to hit. she at least needs a quality of life buff that slows her passive decay a little, and an adjustment on her ultimate to give it better damage.

Considering Harmony

Quote Originally Posted by Firellius View Post
    Que?

Doomsday is obscenely sticky due to that dash and a brutally high base movespeed, AND a movespeed steroid, AND pummeling assault, which I'm fairly certain reduces impact of slows.
    Pummeling assault has nothing to do with reducing slows, you may be thinking about his ult which gives him some resistance.
    And my point was SG is far stickier then DD is. (also, all bruisers get +20 move speed don't they.)
    I consider his dash the same as SGs knockdown when a wall isn't involved (which people tend to avoid when they see a doomsday)
    Although I do agree, her comet damage is pretty weak..... she still has a passive doing true damage which I still find insane(ly good).

You can't really compare abilities this way. There is the perspective of the kit, and role to think about for one. Another thing to think about is the utility. Supergirl can go through obstacles with her ult, and isolate enemy squishies with her. She can also use it free-form to escape, or run in if needed. Not ideal, of course. There are a number of qualitative, rather than quantitative, aspects to consider when dealing with balance.

Also, comparing ability DPS over a period is pretty much meaningless. If you look at any ability you'll probably find that they deal vast amounts more damage than an ultimate over the ultimate's cooldown. Burst damage vs DPS are pretty common things to consider at once. That's entirely what separates assassins from carries. Sometimes dealing 500 damage in 1 second is preferable to 1000 in 2.

yeah but if you compare her ultimate to doomsdays E, the are for the same thing and are very similar, the only difference is that DD can only effect one champion while Supergirl can effect more and their total damage, of which DD's E is higher which is the problem.

again I think that supergirl needs some quality of life adjustments so that she can more then DD light. these changes are, as I have said, an increase in the decay timer for her passive, by maybe a half a second to a full second and giving her damage on her ultimate for enemies she knocks up.