Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

growing number of "trolls" or just plain daft people

I write this after my umpteenth match with these player types.

the "i want your lane" ones who dont say a word all lobby , lock in their char seconds before timers up and then force 2 man top lane or 3 man bot untill the carry or support get forced out. And often they are with mates , steal lanes refuse to leave them and when they feed like crazy refuse to /ff ( often speaking for the only time to say "why play if your going to ff ignoring their own 0-20-0 scores at 15 mins and a superfed other team)

I get that there are good/bad players but its just insane the amount of silent last second picking lane stealers that are starting to appear ingame.

(if not for the no naming policy could name 10 off the top of my head who i come across loads)

Re: growing number of "trolls" or just plain daft people

If the problem really bothers you I'd suggest picking a jungle champion. Jungling isn't fun but those last second choosers typically pick marksman or controllers. You'll rarely have your role stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzon View Post
    If the problem really bothers you I'd suggest picking a jungle champion. Jungling isn't fun but those last second choosers typically pick marksman or controllers. You'll rarely have your role stolen.
    If you do that prepare for a different world of frustration as you see your teammates lose their lanes and you being unable to gank to due to them being perma 100%vs20%+0 Will. Worst case scenario the enemy jungler will come to your jungle and will be helped by their teammates while yours stand in their tower forcing you to leave your jungle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzon View Post

Unilord pretty much hit the nail on the head (personally im a support player primarily a jungler secondary so can jungle well enough) but when you find cyborg/GL bot lane forced to solo vs a zat ga combo as the trolls pushed him out of a solo lane to 2 man it and failing horrifically to the point the enemies mid team starts roaming making bottom 4 v 2 while top remains 1 v 1 and mid just stand there.

As in the title im not sure if they are trolls or just lacking in brains but certain players i have seen acting like this all CC weekend and now in GD that the weekend ended. 1 or 2 games you can excuse but for days/weeks somethings not right.

And worst thing is that in most cases they are Russians and they refuse to communicate at all. As mainly adc I was forced to solo soo many times by players like that that its not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Unilord View Post
    If you do that prepare for a different world of frustration as you see your teammates lose their lanes and you being unable to gank to due to them being perma 100%vs20%+0 Will. Worst case scenario the enemy jungler will come to your jungle and will be helped by their teammates while yours stand in their tower forcing you to leave your jungle.
    You're right, but to me a bad lane is more fixable than a bad team comp. If your team is losing EVERY lane AND the enemy team is counter-jungling then the problem is because your team is outclassed across the board, which means no matter what role you chose you didn't stand a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannin View Post
    As in the title im not sure if they are trolls or just lacking in brains but certain players i have seen acting like this all CC weekend and now in GD that the weekend ended.
    Ah well some people don't exactly understand how Coast City teams should look, so that's a little forgivable. Maybe Gotham Heights players who played on CC probably enjoyed the lane-game and wanted to try out GD as well.
    Last edited by Kuzon; 08-12-2014 at 12:13 PM.

You're right, but to me a bad lane is more fixable than a bad team comp. If your team is losing EVERY lane AND the enemy team is counter-jungling then the problem is because your team is outclassed across the board, which means no matter what role you chose you didn't stand a chance.
    That's my everyday life atm in GD.

In my opinion,

It appears that the real issue is what the OP means by trolling.
    I real troll is going to speak, A real troll is plain as day. A real troll makes himself known.

I think we should look at these kinds of players;

1. It's not a troll, because he is silent.
    2. They show a lack of knowledge concerning the Meta.
    3. They are out there "Feeding".
    4. They are still Playing.

Is this a troll, A noob, an AFK, An Empty Uniform?

How can a community/Developers deal with this kind of player?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiteU View Post
    How can a community/Developers deal with this kind of player?
    By making them Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

We have the technology.

My dear doctor. I welcome you, to Jurassic Park.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiteU View Post
    I think we should look at these kinds of players;

1. It's not a troll, because he is silent.
    2. They show a lack of knowledge concerning the Meta.
    3. They are out there "Feeding".
    4. They are still Playing.
    I don't know if this applies to me considering I only play with bots. I've played Coast City once.
    1. I don't talk because I never felt a need to. People usually just go to whatever lane they want. First come first serve, but sometimes people will call lanes and we leave them whatever lane they wanted.
    2. I actually don't know the meta.
    3. When people feed in my games we tend to just leave them be, or one of us goes around and helps. It's usually the guy that's mid or bot that goes around.
    Peer into the eyes of Chestnut, my faithful bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJohn View Post
    By making them Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

We have the technology.

My dear doctor. I welcome you, to Jurassic Park.

I don't know if this applies to me considering I only play with bots. I've played Coast City once.
    1. I don't talk because I never felt a need to. People usually just go to whatever lane they want. First come first serve, but sometimes people will call lanes and we leave them whatever lane they wanted.
    2. I actually don't know the meta.
    3. When people feed in my games we tend to just leave them be, or one of us goes around and helps. It's usually the guy that's mid or bot that goes around.
    What im referring to are people , who don't speak normally just try to hijack lanes till people leave said lane and the proceed to feed said lane and never leave it.

A game earlier today has 2 (sinestro and Supergirl) neither are free so they have farmed or paid for chars , both silent throughout the lobby , we had a fat joker call top, me jungle and Harley support, Game starts jokers top and both sinestro AND supergirl go top, refuse point blank to leave no comments in chat.

By 15 mins they had 0 kills 28 deaths between them and the enemys superman had 28 kills 4 deaths (due to me n joker giving yo traditional laning), By mid game they hadn't pushed a turret and mid / bottom were constant 3 v 4/5 as they absolutely refused to help top and spam pinged emp bot / raider/ levi (which they died to) and that was the only times they left lane.

This is why i say they are possibly trolls as non-free chars , they clearly know gd objectives but little else and its even more annoying when the other team has an RG and a KG tag.

And as said earlier seen them a lot ruining CC matches with the exact same actions as in GD to the point their names are known and a reson to "dodge" games.