Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: who's excited about ranked GH? and the fact Turbine actually pays attention to us

GH Ranked shouldn't be at the top of the list. So many people getting in without knowing it is Ranked and ruining games. There is also a bug that sometimes you can not pick a champion. Seen it a couple times.

Re: who's excited about ranked GH? and the fact Turbine actually pays attention to us

Quote Originally Posted by LucasArts View Post
    GH Ranked shouldn't be at the top of the list. So many people getting in without knowing it is Ranked and ruining games. There is also a bug that sometimes you can not pick a champion. Seen it a couple times.

People should learn to pay attention. It's never a good idea to blindly click on things.
    "The progress of rivers to the ocean is not so rapid as that of man to error."

Voltaire

MOBO: ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe
    CPU: Intel i5-3570K
    GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 670 FtW 4Gb
    RAM: 16Gbs 1333MHz Corsair Venegance

It makes sense, it being the most popular map and all.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

At the very least they do this only once so now that we are on Saturday this should be no problemo!

GH ranked has been quite fun thus far. Drafting with a completely random team has made for some interesting matches for sure. The queue times have been rough though and I don't even have a high MMR.

Hopefully we'll see ranked play for GH again in the not so distant future.

It took this long to get it once, time will tell.

I've very much enjoyed the rank play on GH. It was nice to play with a good mix of advanced players in solo mode and made it a lot of fun. It was kind of sad that some of the more advanced players didn't really know that the GH players are not in "their league" and berated teams that didn't live up to their expectations of higher ELO ratings. But for the most part, everyone seemed to have a good time.

The opening screen was a bit rough to figure out and the "missed" ban selection timer/bug (?) made some matches more challenging.

At the times I played wait times were really short and the games fun. Learned a lot and I hope this special event returns in the future.
    "C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. C'est de la folie."
    ("It is magnificent, but it is not war. It is madness.")

~ French Marshal Pierre Bosquet ~

I just fairly enjoyed my first match and win, has Turbine released matchmaking rating tiers yet? Or are they just numbers for the time being? I was thinking of something else but misplaced that idea along with my :adult beverage:. ahh yes I remember, I haven't checked but is it solo queue only? Or talks of implementing a duo? or full 5v5 ranked?

Quote Originally Posted by Seriphum View Post
    I just fairly enjoyed my first match and win, has Turbine released matchmaking rating tiers yet? Or are they just numbers for the time being? I was thinking of something else but misplaced that idea along with my :adult beverage:. ahh yes I remember, I haven't checked but is it solo queue only? Or talks of implementing a duo? or full 5v5 ranked?
    Right now ranked queue is solo-only and I have not heard any discussion of that changing in the future. On the contrary, due to the issue of adding more queues spreading the player base more thinly I think it is safe to assume that it will remain solo only.

It looks like the rating is just a number so far. I haven't seen any sign that ratings are divided into bands in the client at least.

Quote Originally Posted by DanakV View Post
    On the contrary, due to the issue of adding more queues spreading the player base more thinly I think it is safe to assume that it will remain solo only.
    This remains true. As GD was already a 10min queue, I haven't checked it with the new ranked. Scared to check now.