Lightbulb A Better Match...

Hi,

Why not make Gotham Divide have 3 types of Que...

Solo Que - No pro tag teams allowed to group here, No grouped friends...just you know, people that que up Solo. *A pro tag player can still enter if he is solo.

Group Que - No pro teams allowed to group here. This mode is for friends who are not on a pro team to group together or for a pro player to group with friends not on there pro team.

Pro Que - Only for pro team groups to go against other pro team groups. Allows a Pro team player can enter in this as a Pro solo player....(example - Maybe only 3 of your team can play that night, the que would give you 2 other pro tag players to fill).

*** How I think this helps people of all skill level and the health of the player base ***

Hi guys, never played a Moba - If they get matched against pro teams in solo que (which happens every night over and over) they will get murdered, and there first experience with IC is a mismatch of skill (through no fault of there own)...This could lead to them leaving IC as they feel powerless against pro players.

Not a Pro - Maybe your like me an have been kicking around the solo que for months, you started of not knowing what a moba is but you like DC characters and have learned the champs, the basic roles, how to build champs, your goals for your lane etc. But like me, your still not a pro player, and pro players will 9 times out of 10 still beat you.
    Again you start to feel hopeless against pro players...because no matter what you learn or practice for yourself, they have advantages over you in solo que...(I don't plan to quit, but there have been nights, where I fight 4 or 5 matches in a row against pro teams back to back, and I can't say i had fun in any of them....how long before another game comes along with a better matching system that might draw "Not a pro" players away from IC (*notice the Que times are getting longer as less people play).

I am a PRO don't hate me - You guys are great players. But you guys also have advantages that new and not a pro people can't match most of the time.

1. Voice chat - You can set up tactics and ganks faster and easier than someone typing in a chat box and using pings.

2. Your a well oiled machine - You play together all the time, even if you don't use voice chat, you know what your team mates are going for without even having to talk. You have practiced things over and over that they have become second nature to you in combat.

3. Tactics - I have seen things like the 3 man gank top (even if I live and make to turret) they will have an emp with them. I ping for help but notice mid is dead and jungle is bot. If I stay and defend I feed and die, If I back off to base and heal, that's all the pro team needed to take the first tower with 3 people and emp. A group of random people on my team, will have a much harder time to reach this tactic compared to your team (see points 1 and 2).

4.The entire MF team against my random solo que team...and right off the bat someone on my team goes afk...there went any chance at a win in the first 2 min of the match (not that we had much chance to begin with). Nothing against MF, you guys are great, the point is...You really don't have to worry about an AFK as much as someone like me that just goes in Que solo.

Pro players, with this new match making, will get to go against other pro players. You guys get to test your skills against people near the same skill as you, or maybe even people better than you. This helps you get ready for Tournaments...Wouldn't that be better for you guys, than steam rolling through solo que as murder squad?

When you combine Long Que times...then a mismatch of skill in the match finder...You just get a mess of matches...I play maybe 5 matches a night in prime time and only one of them will be "Fun" (and by fun i mean, match finder managed to match me with other new/ not a pro players on both teams and we have a nice 45 min back forth, where we both take towers and make even trades in team fights, and people can say GG at the end from both sides and actually mean it).

Anyway, please leave some constructive thoughts Maybe this made you think of something better, maybe you really don't like the idea and have valid reason why it would not work out, maybe you don't know what to think, but just agree the match maker sucks...*I mean does anyone actually like it the way it is now* ???

Re: A Better Match...

Community size is super restrictive atm.

Quote Originally Posted by KG_Danuck View Post
    Community size is super restrictive atm.
    Yeah, Que times might increase in the short term, if it changes...but I think long term, more new players would stay and develop into better players. Then the community would start to grow and the Que times would improve.
    I really feel out of all the Mobas out right now, this one has the greatest chance to pull people who never played a moba into the game, simply for the fact....there are alot of DC fans that discover it. The other mobas out like LOL, DOTA, etc have created characters not based on a well known license like DC.

Also, I would think that when Sept update hits, more people will come back or new blood with start to come again, with the release of more champs....but what im saying is, if they improved the match maker, it would make people want to invest more time and money in the game, as it would be a more "fun" experience to new players.

I think the tutorials are a nice idea...but the reality is...no tutorial can help you have a prayer as a new player against a pro team in the solo que.

Just the regular GD q times for me are at their fastest 15 minutes at the slowest 3.5 hours I dont foresee them dividing map q's up any further until they repair the bleeding in the player base.

Quote Originally Posted by KG_Danuck View Post
    Just the regular GD q times for me are at their fastest 15 minutes at the slowest 3.5 hours I dont foresee them dividing map q's up any further until they repair the bleeding in the player base.
    Well it's true, sometimes i have tried to go in the mornings and the wait is so long, i don't even try any more....(The last time was 9Am CST, it had 45 min average que...but i left it finding match and it still didn't find one 2 hours later, so i gave up going on at that time).

At Noon-5pm CST the que average comes down to 20 min...but sometimes it goes into the 30 min area before finding a match.

But at 6PM CST - Midnight the que will be much faster, 2 min-10 min *(2 min being at the peak time 8:00cst-10:00Cst)....so there a decent number of people playing at that time....but most of the time its 5 random guys against an all pro team or half a pro team.

Personally I would rather take a longer que time to find a better match up for my skill...than wait the current wait , only to find a 15 min game where my team gets murdered (and if where lucky the team lets you surrender)....if you get 2 guys who think we can still win 20k credits behind, one guy afk, and about 4 towers gone with no progress on enemy team, the murder fest will drag on into the 35 min range before where finally beaten.

But yeah I hear you, maybe introduce the Que changes I mentioned along with a promotion of the game, and on a new champ week. So that there will be an increase in players already coming in to boost the que...that would prob balance out the Que changes with the influx of new people....and hopefully encourage those new people to stay and develop into the game more.

I mean any changes they do like that to the que would take awhile to put together...so it's not like they could do it next week anyway. I have no idea how long the development of something like that might take...but the point is, at least we would know there working on making the match making system better.

Well, Perhaps...

There is a way to deal with longer queue times and help to alleviate the AFK problem in one move.
    And this is only something I have thought of in the last fifteen minutes, So bear with me;

If someone is AFK in a game for a long enough time, They are removed from the group and the group itself is placed back into the queue.
    Now, As I said I only just thought of this so Tell me why it isnt possible.

It seems to me that in any MMO raid type match the group itself is allowed to re-queue for the missing memebers. Is this not possible or feasible in a MOBA?
    If the best solution so far has been a kind of buff for teams that are a short-handed, Why not a buff for that individual who joined a late game?

I won't delve into the idea, I wonder if Turbine or the Community have thought of this....

Sadly, those two groups seem to be entirely alienated at the moment.

If any team is capable of pulling in MMO into a MOBA its Turbine.