Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Considering Harmony

Opinions on Champions

Hi again

As a beginner I was wondering if some of you more experienced players could give me your opinion on the different champions you've played with so far?
    I know I can see some info on them in the shop but it doesn't really tell much how they are to play with so if anyone is willing to give there own opinion how well the different champions are to play with, is it easy, difficult, how are they compared to other champions who are the same class etc.
    I feel it would help out since i'm new and i'm pretty sure other people who are either new or start playing the game later would like some help like this.

Cheers

Re: Opinions on Champions

That's a pretty wide-open question! I don't have the time to list my opinions on every champion I play, but I like to play Assassins or AoE Blasters. My favourites are Atomic WW, Superman, Flash, Green Lantern Prime, Star Sapphire and Sinestro.

GLP is very easy but also very easy to kill! Atomic Wonder Woman is an excellent choice to focus on improving because she's very strong and has a multitude of core moba abilities ( attack resets, wall jumps, unique resource system). By playing her you'll gain the side benefit of learning these mechanics better, and that is what separates the good and the great!

However, new players run a higher risk of dying with squishy assassins. Superman plays similiarly and is much tankier. Doomsday is also pretty easy and very fun!

One With Starro CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Arcane Green Lantern best champion. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

You stay classy Ron Burgandy

Stay away from wonder woman. She's boring unless you like hitting people with swords. Atomic wonder woman is funner. Ult and then hop away.

Quote Originally Posted by hammerreborn View Post
    Arcane Green Lantern best champion. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.
    No. Atomic Green Lantern. "Get over here!"

Gaslight batman is fun too. Ult snipes and a grappling hook to make a dynamic entry or flashy escape.
    Peer into the eyes of Chestnut, my faithful bunny.

From the easiest champs like Batman (assassin type), champions like Harley quinn (Controller) and Doomsday (Tanky/bruiser)

for Blaster i'd say Green Lantern.
    If you are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your code isn't working or got any comment or feedback.
    GO HERE:
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

Submit a ticket, to do all listed above and even more.

*How To post a DxDiag

*Infinite Crisis Forum's Rules

*I'm Famous <3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    MY FAV STREAMS!
    Sycogenesis' Stream :http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis
    Beco's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dps_beco
    Hammerborn's Stream: twitch.tv/hammerreborn

Considering Harmony Nenilai_Xilodel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mrlucho View Post
    From the easiest champs like Batman (assassin type), champions like Harley quinn (Controller) and Doomsday (Tanky/bruiser)

for Blaster i'd say Green Lantern.

I agree with Doomsday and Harley, Batman And Green Lantern have no escape though, easy to engage and kill but I see too many people die with them. A new players doesn't know when to leave. I'd replace those with Atomic Wonder woman (Assassin), and Catwoman (Blaster), those two are good at engaging, can travel maps quick and can chase or escape with ease.
    More information on ITEMS / ARTIFACTS - CLICK ME
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If You Would Like Help With:

Add me as a friend, Nenilai, Or Nenilai_Xilodel (Yes I have 2 founder accounts.. let it go, I just love this game)

THE GAME ITSELF - CLICK ME

GOTHAM DIVIDED - CLICK ME

GOTHAM HEIGHTS - CLICK ME

COAST CITY - CLICK ME
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Helpful Player: The_Dycer (Sets up Group Games, Friend him) - Favorite Dev: IC_Celestrata (Is just an awesome person, I still want an autorgraph)
    Tor lorek san,bor nakka mur,Natromo faan tornek wot ur.
    Ter Lantern ker lo Abin Sur,Taan lek lek nok--Formorrow Sur!

First of all, if you have not heard about Dawnbase, check it out. It is undoubtedly the best resource for learning champions.

Now my favorite champions are Doomsday, Shazam, Atomic Poison Ivy, Atomic Green Lantern, and Superman. Some other opinions: I think Green Arrow is the best overall marksman. Joker, because of his all around play style, is an insanely strong character once you get him all figured out. Sinestro is my favorite squishy jungler. And lastly, the more well known a character is to world in this game, the easier they are to play if you understand them.
    The Coast City Nightly Games!
    A Coast City Guide: Updates SoonTM
    The Definition of SoonTM

My Guide for IC_Frelorn

Conquer Your Lane with Starro!

I am not a Turbine employee, and do not receive the compensation/benefits/privileges that employees do. Currently I have a pending application to be the Director of the Putting Things on Top of Other Things Department.

I'm on Dawnbase! Check highly rated guides for great builds and tips!

"The Earth had too many men." - Dycer 2014

I am one with Starro! All hail Starro.

The State of The_Dycer Adress

Getting back to daily words
    Strange word of the day; Kench: To laugh very loud! I Think Santa Got into Joker's Laughing Gas
    If you win a spelling bee due to "Strange word of the day", I receive 2% of the winnings.
    Most Colorful Forum Signature
    I am running low on original colors!

My Infinite Crisis New Year's resolution is to make Infinite Crisis issue account nerfs. Come on Hammer, let's do this!

Considering Harmony

Yeah I know of Dawnbase but from previous experiences of watching videos like that regarding RPG, MMORPG, FPS and others is that, at least for me it is, different from watching somebody show you a gameplay video of a character or class or whatever and from you playing it yourself, those vids are often made by people who are skilled in either that character/class or have played similar games for years so for them it's easy to play.
    Also with patches coming and nerfs happening some vids become useless cause the character you look at might be nerfed since the video was put out, as an example I used to play Guild Wars 2 before and at first the Engineer class was pretty badass, could solo a lot of enemies other classes struggle with, then it got nerfed and it wasn't all that powerful anymore so I had to completely change my tactics and the way I played Engineer.

On Dawnbase there are few "how-to" videos. Dawnbase has text guides that have a live rating system so the community chooses the best guides. Many people also re-update theirs guides every patch especially when they are high scoring. And of course there is a natural deterioration of the rating based on how long it has been since a guide was updated.
    The Coast City Nightly Games!
    A Coast City Guide: Updates SoonTM
    The Definition of SoonTM

My Guide for IC_Frelorn

Conquer Your Lane with Starro!

I am not a Turbine employee, and do not receive the compensation/benefits/privileges that employees do. Currently I have a pending application to be the Director of the Putting Things on Top of Other Things Department.

I'm on Dawnbase! Check highly rated guides for great builds and tips!

"The Earth had too many men." - Dycer 2014

I am one with Starro! All hail Starro.

The State of The_Dycer Adress

Getting back to daily words
    Strange word of the day; Kench: To laugh very loud! I Think Santa Got into Joker's Laughing Gas
    If you win a spelling bee due to "Strange word of the day", I receive 2% of the winnings.
    Most Colorful Forum Signature
    I am running low on original colors!

My Infinite Crisis New Year's resolution is to make Infinite Crisis issue account nerfs. Come on Hammer, let's do this!

Whoa! @SmokeyTheBear1. Your lucky you was not playing a mesmer. They got no love at all in GW2 It was insane never to see a single buff for that class. (Nerf, buff's dont count lol)

Any way. With experince from GW2 and seeing how you like engineer if you played PVP allot it sounds like you are wanting a champ with allot of utility for all types of differnt situations with out being forced to get down and dirty.

Nightmare Superman provides allot of that as well Zatana.

Zatana you can heal, cut armor, cut more armor and turn people into bunnies! And speed champs up as well deal large amount of damage. You might really enjoy her. Plus she is on sale right now too!

But most of all Doomsday is a stright forward champion to learn how to play the game. Choose the right artifacts and attack and learn when is the best time to use skills and start a brawl. But remember this. Many of the champs can be played in more then one way so your playstyle with lets say Night Bat would be differnt from some one else. These are things to take into consideration when learning about differnt champs. The best guide may not be the best guide for you or even me..

Lastly Welcome to IC. Hope you continue to enjoy your self and have a good time!!!

P.s. My name is must be really popular in DC world lol.