We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Introducing Amplifier Sets

The Infinite Crisis October Update is adding an early version of our upcoming Amplifiers Sets feature. While future Beta updates will allow players to design their own Amplifier Sets, the October Update Amplifier Sets are pre-made examples that serve the same end-result: personalized Champions and Artifacts.

Check out the full article here!
    Community Manager, Infinite Crisis
    Andy "Frelorn" Cataldo

Re: Introducing Amplifier Sets

I'm cautiously optimistic. Personally, this style of 'rune' based character building is a form of fluff that I've never much cared for.

I always preferred that what happens during a match be decided by, well, what happens in the match. As opposed to before it's even queued for.
    I TURN MY BACK ON YOU FOR 2 SECONDS AND SUDDENLY YOU'RE 80 YEARS OLD AND COVERED IN ROBOTS!!!

-Wildcat

I am fine with it so long as they have a game mode without amplifiers
    Last edited by Kuzon; 10-08-2013 at 12:36 PM.

Love the concept . My only concern is that 2 sets seems too few to start with. How are we supposed to have "personalized Champions and Artifacts" with so few slots? Let alone 3 different sets for a single character, as shown in the Batman example.

I know there's a monetization component, but this is getting dangerously close to 'play to win.'
    Former webmaster of Justice League Infinite. Tastiest Bait NA. Follow me on Twitter @Peter_Platinum.

Booster Gold: Let me be perfectly clear: I have never, ever let my name or likeness be used to sell adult diapers.
    – Dan Jurgens, Justice League International #1 (2011)

Green Lantern: Barry...Did you...shoot him in the crotch?
    The Flash: Well, that's where the ring said his weakness was.
    Green Lantern: Nice.
    – Brian Buccellato, The Flash Annual #2 (2013)

Conceptually, holy ****, this is a wonderful idea.

Protectors will unlock Amplifiers by gaining Protector Levels or spending Merit.
    Not sure how feel.

It's kind of early to put a gating mechanism in, isn't it?

Now, if you don't want to spend money on this game/buy a Founder's Pack, you get to buy Amplifiers, Stolen Powers, AND characters?

Additional grind...
    Last edited by Spaghetti; 10-08-2013 at 12:54 PM.

I agree with Spaghetti. The amount of customization possible sounds incredible, but depending on the costs of these Amplifiers, it may be League's terrible Rune system all over again. In League you have to grind a ridiculous amount to get runes and then even more to get pages for them so you can actually use the runes you finally bought. It gets to the point where something that is supposed to create more options actually becomes more limiting instead. For example, with only 2 rune pages in League, I cannot fill every role in ranked play and I cannot play a variety of champions in those roles. I can play like 3 roles max, and that's not even with optimized pages. Now these things won't even be such a huge issue for people like me and Spaghetti who play constantly and will have been in the game from the start, but it will be a HUGE turn off for newcomers later down the line (or people who don't play as much) who will already have the daunting task of Champion and Stolen Power collections..
    TWITTER:@coL_D3FAULT
    Competitive IC Player
    Duo laner for compLexity Gaming

Quote Originally Posted by Nein View Post
    it will be a HUGE turn off for newcomers later down the line (or people who don't play as much) who will already have the daunting task of Champion and Stolen Power collections..
    Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiis.

Unless you earn every single thing related to Amplifiers by or at 30, and I mean ALL of it, except maybe pages, this is just another daunting grind. A daunting grind that will turn off those who don't like daunting grinds, or have already done daunting grinds in other mobas. I really think (and maybe I'm wrong) this will turn away more players than it pulls in. It will get rid of more players than it retains.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaghetti View Post
    this is just another daunting grind.
    Never fear! The Daunting Grind Pack™ is here! For the low cost of 29.99 you can have access to ALL of the amplifiers! If that isn't enough for you, then you'll enjoy the Daunting Grind Silver Pack™ for 59.99 that gives you all amplifiers that will come out over the next year!

**Daunting Grind Pack only available after purchasing the gold Founder's Pack

Very disappointing to see more LoL in this game. And they seem to have about 100x the amount of useful runes that LoL had, meaning you have to spend even more merit, therefore never having enough to buy champions.

I really love this idea and I'm surprised to see all the hate, veiled or otherwise.

Anything that adds a level of customization and strategy to the game, assuming it can be purchased with winnable currency, is a huge plus in my book.

Earning runes and rune pages was a huge draw for me in league, not a turn-off by any stretch of the imagination. I don't know anyone who stopped playing league or didn't start league because they couldn't compete without more runes.

I also think it's way too early to be calling this "another grind" when we have no idea how much these runes are going to cost on release or even what the merit-per-game rate is going to be on release. I'd also note: it ain't a grind if you're having fun playing the game.

I'm really excited to try this out.

-GK