Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Introducing Amplifier Sets

Also considering we had a 20+ page thread about this exact topic asking to not have it. It is really disappointing. I thought it would be fairly obvious the community does not want this.

https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...ighlight=runes

Quote Originally Posted by GiantKiller View Post
    I really love this idea and I'm surprised to see all the hate, veiled or otherwise.

Anything that adds a level of customization and strategy to the game, assuming it can be purchased with winnable currency, is a huge plus in my book.

Earning runes and rune pages was a huge draw for me in league, not a turn-off by any stretch of the imagination. I don't know anyone who stopped playing league or didn't start league because they couldn't compete without more runes.

I also think it's way too early to be calling this "another grind" when we have no idea how much these runes are going to cost on release or even what the merit-per-game rate is going to be on release. I'd also note: it ain't a grind if you're having fun playing the game.

I'm really excited to try this out.

-GK
    Considering the grind to get new champions for people who haven't been here a while probably a lot of games.

Need a lot more info:

Protectors will unlock Amplifiers by gaining Protector Levels or spending Merit.
    How much do we actually gain with each Protector level?

How much is each Augment/Mod/Set?

If I unlock a particular augment can I use it in all 4 slots or do I have to buy 4 of them?

As others have said making this like the league rune system would be an awful road to go down. Making all amplifiers/mods free and available to everyone while charging for Sets would be fantastic, but I guess thats not the choice you guys have made.

Depending on how my questions are answered above my sway some opinions, but with the insane amount of customization you guys are going for (which i love) as you said there will be 100s of augments and mods so I'm really hoping the prices on these are nice and low. Allowing us to buy an augment a game or something of the sort.
    twitch.tv/pillatypus

This will be potentially confusing for me

Quote Originally Posted by GiantKiller View Post
    I really love this idea and I'm surprised to see all the hate, veiled or otherwise.

Anything that adds a level of customization and strategy to the game, assuming it can be purchased with winnable currency, is a huge plus in my book.

Earning runes and rune pages was a huge draw for me in league, not a turn-off by any stretch of the imagination. I don't know anyone who stopped playing league or didn't start league because they couldn't compete without more runes.

I also think it's way too early to be calling this "another grind" when we have no idea how much these runes are going to cost on release or even what the merit-per-game rate is going to be on release. I'd also note: it ain't a grind if you're having fun playing the game.

I'm really excited to try this out.

-GK
    Regarding the competitive aspects of the system, another thing that's worth mentioning is that, once the full feature goes live, we're planning on having a default Amplifier Set for every Champion that will work similarly to how our Unique Stolen Powers currently do. While you won't be able to customize that particular set, you'll still be getting some of the stat bonuses that a player with a customized set would otherwise have.

Quote Originally Posted by Tens_IC View Post
    Regarding the competitive aspects of the system, another thing that's worth mentioning is that, once the full feature goes live, we're planning on having a default Amplifier Set for every Champion that will work similarly to how our Unique Stolen Powers currently do. While you won't be able to customize that particular set, you'll still be getting some of the stat bonuses that a player with a customized set would otherwise have.
    Default and competitive aren't often two words that go together. A relevant example would be your recommended items in game compared to what gets built in scrims.

A lot of us would appreciate some answers to Pillatypus' questions above.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillatypus View Post
    Need a lot more info:

1. How much do we actually gain with each Protector level?

2. How much is each Augment/Mod/Set?

3. If I unlock a particular augment can I use it in all 4 slots or do I have to buy 4 of them?
    1. Right now the plan is to give you 1 Amplifier for each Protector Level.

2. TBD. We haven't gotten around to pricing any of this yet.

3. You probably won't be able to use an Augment in more than one slot; a full set will most likely require 7 different Amplifiers.

i agree but if they cost as they cost in LoL or u have to unlock them on 30 lvl it will be very crapy

Quote Originally Posted by Tens_IC View Post
    1. Right now the plan is to give you 1 Amplifier for each Protector Level.

2. TBD. We haven't gotten around to pricing any of this yet.

3. You probably won't be able to use an Augment in more than one slot; a full set will most likely require 7 different Amplifiers.
    Please no.

Turbine pls no
    TWITTER:@awK_Nein
    TWITCH.TV:twitch.tv/icnein