Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Introducing Amplifier Sets

I don't like this!

Considering Harmony

After reading 7 pages, it definitely seems that this entire concept seems generally repulsed by players. I'm not sure why the developers are so intent to copy LoL ideas, I for one am not for the idea of them doing that. By no means am I a LoL player, but when I read up on it, the rune system kinda put me off, which is why I chose Dota 2 over it.

That said, the rune system doesn't seem that popular amongst LoL players either, which surprises me all the more. I mean, if the developers are intent on copying LoL ideas, then you'd think they'd take the good, while leaving the bad. So why take the parts of LoL that don't work?

Horrible idea, way to create more issues with balancing and open up the cry gates. So far this game has copy/pasted way to much. I fail to see any originality going into this game, besides being able to use DC "champions" and a 2 lane map...

I found the part in the video where you guys show the page where you can purchase augments.

It looks to me like there are 2 tiers of augments? 250 merit for tier 1 and an additional 450 merit to upgrade it to tier 2?

If thats the case then it costs 700 merit for 1 augment, 4 augments per page, 2800 merit in augments alone to fill one specific page.

Mods however from what I can CSI from this video once again look absolutely AMAZING.

You guys have Helm of Fate selected and as you can see there are 3 different HoF's shown and a scroll bar suggesting 5-7 more below the ones we can see. That to me says that you guys have 8-10 different mods for HoF on its own for players to choose from. Thats awesome and even the pricing only seems in the 3 digits .. to me that blue looks like 400, but honestly no idea.

Once again, please remove augments, or make them free, and go CRAZY with mods cause they seem awesome.
    twitch.tv/pillatypus

Quote Originally Posted by Spaghetti View Post
    Now, if you don't want to spend money on this game/buy a Founder's Pack, you get to buy Amplifiers, Stolen Powers, AND characters?

Additional grind...
    Which is why I generally don't do F2P games. Because the truth is, someone somewhere is paying for this game to keep it up and running. But they are paying more than if everybody had to pay for the game, and you end up with a garbage community because the game is free.

Personally they can charge me $15 a month, and give me access to everything. Then I'll come and go as I please.

Quote Originally Posted by Jestersmiles View Post
    Most stupid thing I heard anyone say, ask any dota/hon players that are PAID for play for a living and ask them what they hate about lol. I bet you the rune system is up their on their list.
    Wooooo! I said the most stupid thing this person has ever heard ANYONE say, that is mildly impressive in its own right and I feel as though I deserve a bit of a pat on the back for that. And of course, it completely justifies my statement that video game forums are not a place for reasonable discussion and majority opinions, but instead a place for trolls, counter-trolls, and angry over-the-top comments from people who feel unreasonably passionate about a certain subject for no particularly good reason.

Anyways, as for the amplifiers and mods, there is no way to know what kind of impact they will have gameplay until they are released. I honestly think they need some kind of out of game theory-crafting and that they also need a "grind" to get there. Not because I like such things, but because the MAJORITY of the gaming community likes such things. If they didn't, why does CoD, WoW, LoL, facebook games, etc. all have those things as a common factor?

As for Infinite Crisis trying to copy LoL by having amplifiers, I think they are mostly just keeping with the current trend in massively online video games, which is what they should be doing, as they are marketing to the majority, not to the "hardcore gamer". It would be ridiculous to make a game that has the appeal of super pop-icons like batman and superman and then market it towards a niche group. Also it would not be fiscally responsible as those icons tend to cost a bit of coin on their own. Whether amplifiers and mods will be fun, can only figure that out by playing the game. If they really do end up being like runes/masteries in LoL, then I will probably forget they exist once I hit max level and have the rune sets for the characters/roles I enjoy playing. But if grinding for "just one more" mod gets a few people to log another few hours a night, then I'm all for that as more people means lower queue time, means more playing for me and more money for turbine which means more content for me to play with.

Also, for those who try to compare DoTA 2 to LoL, for me that always seems like the equivalent of comparing counter strike to CoD. Yes they are the same genre, and have very similar play style, but they have a mostly non-overlapping player-base, with the "hardcore" group going to one, and the majority going to the other. That doesn't mean either are bad, or that either are copying eachother, just that they both exist, and different people will play both.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Xoulrath View Post
    Personally they can charge me $15 a month, and give me access to everything. Then I'll come and go as I please.
    Yeah, that would be neat, but that sort of market just doesn't work anymore. the market has shown that free to play games not only get more players, but also make more money in the long run, and they've been lasting longer too. I'm sure the developers would love to go back to subscriptions as that is guaranteed money in the bank every month and keeps everything very simple and easy. Unfortunately subscription based gaming died a while ago, people just expect online games to be free now, and that barrier of entry makes a lot of people go elsewhere to a place with no barrier, where they may or may not end up spending more money.
    Last edited by QuaziPance; 10-09-2013 at 01:24 PM.
    "Please..... I go through everyone's trash." - The Question

Protector

Quote Originally Posted by Pillatypus View Post
    I found the part in the video where you guys show the page where you can purchase augments.

It looks to me like there are 2 tiers of augments? 250 merit for tier 1 and an additional 450 merit to upgrade it to tier 2?

If thats the case then it costs 700 merit for 1 augment, 4 augments per page, 2800 merit in augments alone to fill one specific page.

Mods however from what I can CSI from this video once again look absolutely AMAZING.

You guys have Helm of Fate selected and as you can see there are 3 different HoF's shown and a scroll bar suggesting 5-7 more below the ones we can see. That to me says that you guys have 8-10 different mods for HoF on its own for players to choose from. Thats awesome and even the pricing only seems in the 3 digits .. to me that blue looks like 400, but honestly no idea.

Once again, please remove augments, or make them free, and go CRAZY with mods cause they seem awesome.
    If there is tier 1 and then tier 2, it's useless ... No one want to play with tier 1 amplifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Masao View Post
    If there is tier 1 and then tier 2, it's useless ... No one want to play with tier 1 amplifier.
    Except from the looks of it you have to buy tier 1 first before you can purchase the tier 2.
    twitch.tv/pillatypus

Quote Originally Posted by QuaziPance View Post
    Yeah, that would be neat, but that sort of market just doesn't work anymore. the market has shown that free to play games not only get more players, but also make more money in the long run, and they've been lasting longer too. I'm sure the developers would love to go back to subscriptions as that is guaranteed money in the bank every month and keeps everything very simple and easy. Unfortunately subscription based gaming died a while ago, people just expect online games to be free now, and that barrier of entry makes a lot of people go elsewhere to a place with no barrier, where they may or may not end up spending more money.
    Oh I know why they do it. That's how companies make big money on a lot of games now. They give it away for free and give the illusion that you can open up everything by simply playing the game but that isn't entirely the case. Unfortunately, although you can play most of these games without spending a dime, it often takes quite a while to gain access to everything. This in turn makes you rethink your decision to not spend $10 or $20 on the game. After all, what's $20 for such a fun game? That line of thinking keeps rearing its ugly head though, and then some people spend way more than anyone should ever have to for a game.

It doesn't matter much to me, because I'll simply spend the equivalent of what I spent on WoW, and be done with my spending. So it doesn't affect me much other than the extremely toxic players that come with the territory of free games.

My biggest concern is balance. I may not be a pro player, but I am a competitive one, and I don't want to have an unfair edge, nor do I wish to be at a disadvantage either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillatypus View Post

I wouldn't read too much into the pricing of the Augments from the video. Those were just some numbers that Jay, our UI Lead, threw in as an example.

We're going to be diving into the actual pricing of our Amplifiers sometime within the next couple of weeks. Rest assured that we'll be taking everyone's feedback into consideration.

I'm glad you guys are excited about the Mods. We think they're AMAZING too! And we're already talking about ways that we can do more with them.