Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Introducing Amplifier Sets

Quote Originally Posted by Spaghetti View Post
    Default and competitive aren't often two words that go together. A relevant example would be your recommended items in game compared to what gets built in scrims.

A lot of us would appreciate some answers to Pillatypus' questions above.
    To clarify, I was using the word "competitive" in the sense of how new players will interact with the feature relative to players that have been playing for a while. Players that are at the highest level of competitive play will obviously want to min-max every aspect of the game they can, including their Amplifier Sets. Our default sets are clearly not intended for them.

Well then I have to say I'd much rather see just mods.

Amplifiers will now just be a grind to the most optimal stats so you can stay competitive and by selecting a particular Set you pigeon hole yourself into that build for that game.

Mods however if done right seem like they could be something new and awesome.
    twitch.tv/pillatypus

Quote Originally Posted by qw0r7y View Post
    Also considering we had a 20+ page thread about this exact topic asking to not have it. It is really disappointing. I thought it would be fairly obvious the community does not want this.
    qw0r7y, I think you're completely misrepresenting the contents of that thread you linked. Looking through it, it seems to have players voicing opinions on both sides of the issue. I find your tactic pretty underhanded because the thread you linked a closed beta forum thread so not everyone reading this can even access the thread to verify your misrepresentation for themselves. The contents of that thread in no way suggest that the community doesn't want amplifiers and to say so is entirely dishonest.

Bad form.

An amplifier system similar to league's rune system would provide for an additional level of customization, an additional level of player progression, and ultimately a great incentive for people to keep playing the game. All good things.

Quote Originally Posted by qw0r7y
    Considering the grind to get new champions for people who haven't been here a while probably a lot of games.
    The costs of these amplifiers and the amount of merit we earn per game are all subject to change up to and even after release. There is no information to suggest that an amplifier or page will cost anywhere near the price of a new champ. You have absolutely no basis for this claim.

I think you and I have very different points of view when it comes to progression in a game. I don't expect to be handed everything on a silver platter, and I wouldn't enjoy it as much if it was.

As I said before, I'm really looking forward to trying out the amplifier system, and judging by the contents of the thread you posted, I'm clearly not the only one.

-GK

Quote Originally Posted by Tens_IC View Post
    To clarify, I was using the word "competitive" in the sense of how new players will interact with the feature relative to players that have been playing for a while. Players that are at the highest level of competitive play will obviously want to min-max every aspect of the game they can, including their Amplifier Sets. Our default sets are clearly not intended for them.
    On the subject of those types of players, this will do nothing but slow us down, and others down in the future.

Team A doesn't want to scrim, they still don't have amplifier pages.

Team B wants to switch over to IC from Dawngate, sees they all need to grind out powers, amplifiers, and champions, and decide against it.

Team C wants to scrim an EU team, but has no champions, powers, and now ******, unoptimized amplifier pages.

Please, you guys need to reconsider this version of amplifiers. It's clear you put a lot of work into this system, and other than the process of obtaining them, everyone seems ok with this system.

But please, please, don't put ANOTHER treadmill in.

I warned you that this would cause a major backlash, I really want this game to succeed, as like i said people prefer no boosts from anything other then in-game or it will cause a confusion of "P2W" even if it isn't.

this makes pie a sad cat

While I love the idea of Item Amplifiers, I'm not so much a fan of the need for Amplifiers overall.

I suppose for me it all depends on implementation. Too many amps that you have to unlock, and with merit, and the game will draw too many parallels to lol. That, imo, is the most damning aspect.

With so many other innovations (unique stolen powers, Relay based buffs on CC), I feel like this is a little too much like 'the competition', save the Item amps.
    Steaming IC and Let's Plays: http://www.twitch.tv/eon_blackcraft

No sir, I do not like it

Quote Originally Posted by demopan View Post
    I warned you that this would cause a major backlash, I really want this game to succeed, as like i said people prefer no boosts from anything other then in-game or it will cause a confusion of "P2W" even if it isn't.
    People prefer no boosts from anything other than in-game? I completely disagree. I loved the runes and masteries from league and not once did I hear anyone I played with complaining about bonuses coming from something outside the match itself. Not once in several years of play.

And who on earth thought runes which ware ONLY obtainable with winnable currency were pay-to-win? Again, not once did I hear this complaint while playing league.

-GK

Quote Originally Posted by GiantKiller View Post
    People prefer no boosts from anything other than in-game? I completely disagree. I loved the runes and masteries from league and not once did I hear anyone I played with complaining about bonuses coming from something outside the match itself. Not once in several years of play.

And who on earth thought runes which ware ONLY obtainable with winnable currency were pay-to-win? Again, not once did I hear this complaint while playing league.

-GK
    if you payed attention, at least 70% of the people hate it, like I predicted, they will lituraly have to rework this idea to only be earned by levels or free to be acceptable to most people