Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 96
  1. #31
    Considering Harmony qw0r7y's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    38

    Re: Introducing Amplifier Sets

    I screwed up look below
    Last edited by qw0r7y; 10-08-2013 at 03:51 PM.

  2. #32
    Considering Harmony qw0r7y's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    38

    Re: Introducing Amplifier Sets

    no look farther
    Last edited by qw0r7y; 10-08-2013 at 03:51 PM.

  3. #33
    Community Advocate PeterPlatinum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    255

    Re: Introducing Amplifier Sets

    Quote Originally Posted by GiantKiller View Post
    and not once did I hear anyone I played with complaining about bonuses coming from something outside the match itself. Not once in several years of play.
    No one is complaining about the bonuses themselves. It's the grind associated with obtaining them. Not only do we have to grind for Champions and Stolen Powers, but now Amplifier Sets AND the Amplifiers and Mods that go in them?

    Quote Originally Posted by GiantKiller View Post
    And who on earth thought runes which ware ONLY obtainable with winnable currency were pay-to-win?
    They're not, but the Amplifier Sets are dangerously close. And I'd say the same thing about rune pages in LoL—which is why Riot occasionally has sales on them.

    ----------

    There's another issue here that no-one has raised yet. I think this cheapens Founders Packs. Considering that we already (a) don't get our choice of champions, and (b) can't get any champions that have come out since Batman, the fact that there's another element to the game that we aren't getting is a bit disappointing. If I'm going to spend $100 on this game, can you at least give me all the tools I need to be successful?
    Former webmaster of Justice League Infinite. Tastiest Bait NA. Follow me on Twitter @Peter_Platinum for the newest champion and costume sales every Wednesday!

    ------

    Booster Gold: Let me be perfectly clear: I have never, ever let my name or likeness be used to sell adult diapers.
    — Dan Jurgens, Justice League International #1 (2011)

    Green Lantern: Barry...Did you...shoot him in the crotch?
    The Flash: Well, that's where the ring said his weakness was.
    Green Lantern: Nice.
    — Brian Buccellato, The Flash Annual #2 (2013)

  4. #34

    Re: Introducing Amplifier Sets

    Quote Originally Posted by demopan View Post
    if you payed attention, at least 70% of the people hate it, like I predicted, they will lituraly have to rework this idea to only be earned by levels or free to be acceptable to most people
    87% of statistics are made up on the spot. Welcome to the 87%.

    What on earth are you using as the basis for your conclusion that "at least 70% of the people hate it"? That's absolutely ridiculous. You claim to be from the "Nexus of Reality" and I strongly urge you to examine your nexus with reality. Kindly stop trying to pass off your opinion as the opinion of the people. At least 67% of the people hate it when you do that.

    -GK

  5. #35
    Considering Harmony qw0r7y's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    38

    Re: Introducing Amplifier Sets

    Quote Originally Posted by GiantKiller View Post
    People prefer no boosts from anything other than in-game? I completely disagree. I loved the runes and masteries from league and not once did I hear anyone I played with complaining about bonuses coming from something outside the match itself. Not once in several years of play.

    And who on earth thought runes which ware ONLY obtainable with winnable currency were pay-to-win? Again, not once did I hear this complaint while playing league.

    -GK
    So if we get one per level and there are 100's coming out do we have to grind for all the rest?

    Also giantkiller the thread I linked was to show the amount of backlash this is going to get. Clearly this is disliked by the majority of the community by just looking at this thread.

    The issue with runes is not getting them it is the pages. In order to play multiple roles you have to pay money for pages which seems to be the route turbine is going. If you have never heard of people complaining about runes in league of legends you need to open your eyes.

    A quick search on r/leagueoflegends should educate you
    http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...restrict_sr=on

  6. #36
    Considering Harmony demopan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Nexus of Reality
    Posts
    44

    Re: Introducing Amplifier Sets

    Quote Originally Posted by GiantKiller View Post
    87% of statistics are made up on the spot. Welcome to the 87%.

    What on earth are you using as the basis for your conclusion that "at least 70% of the people hate it"? That's absolutely ridiculous. You claim to be from the "Nexus of Reality" and I strongly urge you to examine your nexus with reality. Kindly stop trying to pass off your opinion as the opinion of the people. At least 67% of the people hate it when you do that.

    -GK

    it's a rough estimate, which clearly you wouldn't understand as you just jump to the throat with a blade

  7. #37
    Community Advocate Kuzon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    938

    Re: Introducing Amplifier Sets

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterPlatinum View Post
    There's another issue here that no-one has raised yet. I think this cheapens Founders Packs.
    You should have known it was coming though. The packs were released before all the mechanics came out and they gave out just the most basic heroes since that was all that was available. Not only that but a new founders pack came out just a couple days later that came with an amazing Wonder Woman skin. Sorry, but the pack is just going to be cheapened and cheapened as time goes on.
    At the very least you did get coins which could be used to buy the other stuff you need

    Quote Originally Posted by GiantKiller View Post
    87% of statistics are made up on the spot. Welcome to the 87%.

    What on earth are you using as the basis for your conclusion that "at least 70% of the people hate it"? That's absolutely ridiculous. You claim to be from the "Nexus of Reality" and I strongly urge you to examine your nexus with reality. Kindly stop trying to pass off your opinion as the opinion of the people. At least 67% of the people hate it when you do that.
    THIS POST CONTRIBUTED SO MUCH TO THE THREAD I CANNOT STAND IT.

  8. #38
    Considering Harmony
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    25

    Re: Introducing Amplifier Sets

    Quote Originally Posted by GiantKiller View Post
    People prefer no boosts from anything other than in-game? I completely disagree. I loved the runes and masteries from league and not once did I hear anyone I played with complaining about bonuses coming from something outside the match itself. Not once in several years of play.

    And who on earth thought runes which ware ONLY obtainable with winnable currency were pay-to-win? Again, not once did I hear this complaint while playing league.

    -GK
    I don't know, I'm not all for it. It leaves the impression that if you choose wrong, you're only damning yourself. Let's say you build up some good power armor, and then you come up against a team with primarily strong attack champions. Or conversely, you build your champion to augment his attack damage, and come up against players who've got strong attack damage protection. In that sense, it leaves me not that impressed, it just let's you tack on numbers to your champion without any real thought. The reason in game building through items make sense is because your reacting and building to circumstances, and you can still adapt as you play. You wont be able to play smart and react with amplifiers, because it's already there.

    I do like the idea of mods though. It helps you tailor items more to your style, and it actually gives you chance to plan outside battles, while it still plays out in a reactive way in battle. You're not stuck with a choice, you still just plan around it. Items are the games strongest part, and I think Turbine should rather build more on the idea of mods than amplifiers.

    Maybe they can even take amplifiers in a different direction. For instance, I saw they can perhaps change the way your champion functions. For instance, you throw an amplifier on Batman Prime, and that specific amplifier changes him into an assassin. Or better yet, maybe amplifiers can be skill orientated. That way you can perhaps change how some skills work.

  9. #39

    Re: Introducing Amplifier Sets

    I think the impact of this really depends on the cost of the amplifiers. Runes in LoL are prohibitively expensive for full sets, costing more than champions themselves in some cases. If this is the road IC goes then I think it can only hurt the game. However if the amplifiers are more accessible, say about 1/4 or 1/5 the price of a higher tier champion then I think it wouldn't be so bad.

    I do like the idea behind Mods however, that is pretty unique and look forward to trying them out in game.

    EDIT: Also if there was a way to gain some more Merit akin to LoL's first win of the day or some other such mechanic then some of the grind would be alleviated as well.

  10. #40
    Community Advocate PeterPlatinum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    255

    Re: Introducing Amplifier Sets

    To summarize what most of the posts are saying, and to add my voice to the chorus:

    Mods are awesome. Give us Mods. Amplifiers are much more divisive.
    Former webmaster of Justice League Infinite. Tastiest Bait NA. Follow me on Twitter @Peter_Platinum for the newest champion and costume sales every Wednesday!

    ------

    Booster Gold: Let me be perfectly clear: I have never, ever let my name or likeness be used to sell adult diapers.
    — Dan Jurgens, Justice League International #1 (2011)

    Green Lantern: Barry...Did you...shoot him in the crotch?
    The Flash: Well, that's where the ring said his weakness was.
    Green Lantern: Nice.
    — Brian Buccellato, The Flash Annual #2 (2013)

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •