Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Protector

Re: Introducing Amplifier Sets

I don't know how I feel about this one, if they're purely on merit points then I'm completely for it
    how ever, if you can buy them with the pay currency this officially classifies as pay to win.

that ranks you right up there with nexon, destroyer of games and pillager of bank cards.

and I don't support nexon.

Quote Originally Posted by sno View Post
    I don't know how I feel about this one, if they're purely on merit points then I'm completely for it
    how ever, if you can buy them with the pay currency this officially classifies as pay to win.

that ranks you right up there with nexon, destroyer of games and pillager of bank cards.

and I don't support nexon.
    They will only be sold for Merit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tens_IC View Post
    They will only be sold for Merit.
    And are you going to be able to buy merit with real money?

Quote Originally Posted by qw0r7y View Post
    And are you going to be able to buy merit with real money?
    No, you gain Merit from playing matches.

I, for one, am NOT looking forward to this at ALL.

I play this game because it's NOT League. I do not want to see runes and masteries affect gameplay. I prefer the game being simple and fun, and without any unnecessary complexity brought in due to external buffs. This takes the game from being entirely skill-based to how much time you have to spend on the game. This kills people who don't have all day to spend on this game and makes it less fun for lower level (i.e. newer) people when they get pitted against people who are more adequately equipped before the match even begins.

Additionally, this makes me need to buy multiple sets worth of these new things for every hero I play, which is most of them. I get bored of playing one hero constantly. This would make it a PAIN to try anything new.

Keep League out of IC. Keep it simple and fun. Scrap this idea. Stop trying to compete with a game by copying them.
    Last edited by Xeohelios; 10-08-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Protector

Quote Originally Posted by Tens_IC View Post
    Regarding the competitive aspects of the system, another thing that's worth mentioning is that, once the full feature goes live, we're planning on having a default Amplifier Set for every Champion that will work similarly to how our Unique Stolen Powers currently do. While you won't be able to customize that particular set, you'll still be getting some of the stat bonuses that a player with a customized set would otherwise have.
    Okay,
    I like runes and masteries in league of legends but there is one problem, if you don't have runes you suffer.
    The basic amplifier set for champions is a great idea for this, even if it's not optimize, you'll have some stats.
    I just hope amplifier page don't cost too much.

I feel that this will be a complete negative. I assume one of the game's goal is that people with no MOBA experience can just come in a play this game. Amplifiers won't help that cause and will just make it difficult to play. Heck, I never even think to use the activates in the artifacts that was released in CB4. Infinite Crisis has to be simple, yet fun and addicting.

The Aplifier Sets sounds great imo. So you can play as a character you like, even if its classifaction or stats aren't agree with your playstile.
    But I understood well that you have only 2 sets at the beginning and got to buy others?
    What if you get an Aplifier for free after you bougt a new champion? That could possibly motivate.

Quote Originally Posted by qw0r7y View Post
    Clearly this is disliked by the majority of the community by just looking at this thread.
    No thread on any forum for any game gives the majority opinion. The truth is that the majority doesn't post on forums, most people probably don't even read any threads (except for maybe the ones posted by devs announcing new content). Maybe it is disliked by the majority of first week beta testers, but most of us are either here because we are die-hard fans (and thus won't leave anyways) or because we like beta testing things (in which case we will leave when the next big beta comes out) so there is very little to be lost.

Anyways, I'm personally pretty neutral on the whole thing. I don't have the time/energy/interest for theory-crafting, so I will likely just buy amplifiers that make sense to me, and then once more experienced players that have actually worked out the numbers get around to writing guides, I'll just copy those and buy the optimized set for my favorite roles/champs. As for the grind, I have yet to see the "majority" ever move away from a game because of the grind, I think your confusing the majority with the very vocal minority. If the majority hated grinding then MMO's and social media games would be the least popular games instead of the most popular games. Maple Story and WOW are arguably the two biggest grind-fests in the history of gaming, also two of the most popular and longest lived MMO's in the history of the genre.

Granted, I personally hate grinding, and in my opinion WoW is everything that has ever gone wrong in the gaming industry, but we aren't talking about the likes/dislikes of me or you. Saying that the majority doesn't like grinding and out-of-game theorycrafting is just ridiculous. It's likely just older 'folk and people with jobs/kids/"lives" that don't like these things, and if we are honest with ourselves, it is just because we are jealous of those who can spend 10 hours a day playing video games, because deep down that's what we all wish we could do.
    "Please..... I go through everyone's trash." - The Question

Considering Harmony

More merit grinding=bad. Bad bad bad.

Frankly I feel the game would be better without this system. It'll only take a few days for the min/maxers to find the strongest amplifier sets for each champion and item, and a few more days for that knowledge to trickle down to the entire playerbase. Would make things much easier if you just slapped those stats onto the existing champs/items or just didn't do it at all. Systems like this only create the illusion of customization, when in actuality there will always only be one optimal Amplifier Set. It doesn't add anything to the game to have these passive boosts on champions and items, just makes everything harder to balance by throwing in a few hundred extra variables.