Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 96
  1. #71
    Joining Harmony awK_Pillatypus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    295

    Re: Introducing Amplifier Sets

    Make Augments dirt cheap if you feel you must charge for them and up the pricing on mods. I don't think you'll hear as much complaints if you do that.

    Seriously though Mods are amazing and focus on those.
    twitch.tv/pillatypus

  2. #72
    Joining Harmony QuaziPance's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    144

    Re: Introducing Amplifier Sets

    Quote Originally Posted by Pillatypus View Post
    Make Augments dirt cheap if you feel you must charge for them and up the pricing on mods. I don't think you'll hear as much complaints if you do that.

    Seriously though Mods are amazing and focus on those.
    Though I do feel pretty neutral on the whole thing, I agree completely with this assessment. Especially because the mods are so neat, I would hate to waste precious merit buying augments to stay competitive when what I really wanted were more mods.

    Anyways, starting to become less neutral about this and more excited to play around with mods. Though I'm not as anti-augments as others, they do seem very stale in comparison.
    "Please..... I go through everyone's trash." - The Question

  3. #73
    One With Starro Xoulrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,611

    Re: Introducing Amplifier Sets

    Yeah, I really like the mods. That affects items in-game, but still changes up the game a bit before hand, so there is still some theorycrafting.

  4. #74

    Re: Introducing Amplifier Sets

    Quote Originally Posted by QuaziPance View Post

    Also, for those who try to compare DoTA 2 to LoL, for me that always seems like the equivalent of comparing counter strike to CoD. Yes they are the same genre, and have very similar play style, but they have a mostly non-overlapping player-base, with the "hardcore" group going to one, and the majority going to the other. That doesn't mean either are bad, or that either are copying eachother, just that they both exist, and different people will play both.

    EDIT:



    .
    In regards to the topic at hand people are not comparing Lol and dota 2 gameplay mechanics but their micro trans action system, which people love to forget.

    Dota 2 and Hon have shown that you don't need to copy Riots system to be successful and that also implies towards your comment about turbine "needing" to have a grind to make a successful game.

    Dota 2, Hon ,and S2 up and coming Strife say Hi.

  5. #75

    Re: Introducing Amplifier Sets

    Quote Originally Posted by QuaziPance View Post
    Though I do feel pretty neutral on the whole thing, I agree completely with this assessment. Especially because the mods are so neat, I would hate to waste precious merit buying augments to stay competitive when what I really wanted were more mods.

    Anyways, starting to become less neutral about this and more excited to play around with mods. Though I'm not as anti-augments as others, they do seem very stale in comparison.
    Unless they make Augments dirt cheap where the stupid grind will be almost unnoticeable, sorry no point in playing League all over again.


    I guess Total biscuit assessment of the beta was right , nothing but a LoL rip off.

  6. #76

    Re: Introducing Amplifier Sets

    Save the "league copy" stuff till we get a hard copy of the augments. Really, really looking forward to these mods though. Some of them from what i can see look very interesting, and can open up alot more build paths for early game. One thing i was concerned about though was the mod bonuses in certain tiers of the item. Does this mean that this is where the bonus starts? Or is it that the bonus will ONLY apply to that particular tier in the build? Example would be the +5 movespeed to V9 implants at tier 1. Do you lose the bonus movespeed after upgrading it to tier 2 or will it stay applied? I think if the stats carry over it will definitely allow for more unique item customization to allow building to cover your early, mid and late game.

  7. #77
    Lead Designer IC_Tens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    54

    Re: Introducing Amplifier Sets

    Quote Originally Posted by ENI View Post
    Save the "league copy" stuff till we get a hard copy of the augments. Really, really looking forward to these mods though. Some of them from what i can see look very interesting, and can open up alot more build paths for early game. One thing i was concerned about though was the mod bonuses in certain tiers of the item. Does this mean that this is where the bonus starts? Or is it that the bonus will ONLY apply to that particular tier in the build? Example would be the +5 movespeed to V9 implants at tier 1. Do you lose the bonus movespeed after upgrading it to tier 2 or will it stay applied? I think if the stats carry over it will definitely allow for more unique item customization to allow building to cover your early, mid and late game.
    Its where the bonus starts, and it carries over to all of the tiers after it.

  8. #78
    Considering Harmony
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    78

    Re: Introducing Amplifier Sets

    ...I'm not sure how you got "excited" from this thread. I think it's pretty clear most of us are repulsed by the idea. Mods are the only interesting part, and I still say they only make itemization balancing that much more difficult.

    And after a week or so it'll be clear which mods are the best. I've said it before and i'll say it again, systems like these only give the illusion of customization. In reality there will always only be one optimal set per champion. Nothing good will come of forcing players to grind for power that should already be in the champion/item itself or not exist at all.
    Last edited by Stez007; 10-10-2013 at 03:55 PM.

  9. #79

    Re: Introducing Amplifier Sets

    I'm excited for this implementation as I like to tinker for optimization. And I would appreciate something to do when I max cap anyways.

    But I feel grinding is a completely inaccurate word and off base for this arguement. Lets not confuse grinding like in WoW, with playing the game you came to play.

    What seems to be the issue is more 'unfair advantage' leveraged to a pay to win scenario. As a great player, I am willing to take on the bad payers(note: the 'L' is missing), so it's not an issue for me. What I will absolutely disprove of is if they use the system to consistently unbalance certain stats so as to keep players in a constant need to buy different Augmentations with each new patch. Just don't do this and we'coo...we'coo...

    They add diversity. I can either run an insane, movement speed based gaslight catwoman and get round the map as much as possible looking for dem kills early (to snowball), but if the enemy team is packing extra defense they might be able to survive my burst and kill me, or I could double up on damage, but then a movement speed Green Lantern might be able to kite me. Match ups and playstyles change every game, and you have to ADAPT to your opponents play style and choice bonuses. Being able to adapt is an important skill, and worth encouraging.
    Unfortunately I don't see how you can use it to alter your counter measures against enemy opponents as you don't know whom you are playing in PUGs. This would only be useful during standard draftpick, and this isn't implemented right now. The only way to adapt is with in-game items.

    And are you going to be able to buy merit with real money?
    No, you gain Merit from playing matches.
    Nuff said right there, i'm good.
    Play because you like the game, stay because you invest in your character, win because you build as needed.
    {-L-} <th¡š iš br¡ll¡åñ†•);Yet I digress...

  10. #80

    Re: Introducing Amplifier Sets

    Another "sell" for making them dirt cheap is that it is a hook to keep playing. "Oh I only need one more game to fill in the last part of my augments for this hero... guess I'll keep playing."

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •