We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Trap under powered or heavily situational??

Quote Originally Posted by Chaiftan View Post
    You are completely misreading my suggestion. Read it again s l o w l y.

I mean that the ENEMY is on YOUR turret with HIS minions. YOUR turret is shooting HIS minions. If HE sets off YOUR trap, YOUR turret will switch from HIS minions to targeting HIM instead.
    My bad, it could in theory work, but there's just that issue, who steps on a Trap in tower range?
    It's a Stolen Power that's pretty weak, even with that change it wouldn't be picked since you'd mostly put it in Stealth Pads since they are visible anyways.

I think the idea behind the Batman traps was that they were supposed to synergize with his ult. However, due to the insane arming time that isn't realistic at all.

I've tried to make the traps useful in GD, but I just can't see any reason to use them over something like Psychic Assault, Super Speed, or the cameras. If they lasted longer then maybe you could use them as a zoning tool, or if they were invisible after arming (Batman's should be at least) they would be much more reliable. But as is they are just a waste.

Character Designer IC_ZombieColumbus's Avatar

Traps were overly strong for a while in closed beta. You could constantly have two out, which led to some incredible lane dominance. They have since received a number of nerfs, but it's clear they have swung too far. To answer the OP, we think that traps are currently too situational though not under powered. We are looking at ways to shift trap to a more clear and broad purpose, and then re-balance it around that role.

We appreciate the thoughts and ideas in this thread, though try to keep the personal barbs down

Quote Originally Posted by IC_ZombieColumbus View Post
    Traps were overly strong for a while in closed beta. You could constantly have two out, which led to some incredible lane dominance. They have since received a number of nerfs, but it's clear they have swung too far. To answer the OP, we think that traps are currently too situational though not under powered. We are looking at ways to shift trap to a more clear and broad purpose, and then re-balance it around that role.

We appreciate the thoughts and ideas in this thread, though try to keep the personal barbs down
    As an example of perhaps an enhanced version of traps for some champion, how about allowing two traps to be dropped but with a greatly reduced radius on each?

I point to League's Caitlyn as a good representation of what I mean: Her Yordle Snap Traps can be placed numerous times and while small, are good for things like lane zoning. Most people don't realise that the ability has much use until they go up against a Caitlyn who uses the traps effectively to enable much safer minion farming for herself.

Thanks it nice to see an IC rep respond to my post and im glad that you guys are trying to find a way to make trap more useful and less situational. I made this post to see if ppl had the same feel and what other idea they may come up with sadly only a few really did most i read look like they didnt even read the OP but oh well tis life. thanks for your responds and i look forward to what you do with trap in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrilege View Post
    As an example of perhaps an enhanced version of traps for some champion, how about allowing two traps to be dropped but with a greatly reduced radius on each?

I point to League's Caitlyn as a good representation of what I mean: Her Yordle Snap Traps can be placed numerous times and while small, are good for things like lane zoning. Most people don't realise that the ability has much use until they go up against a Caitlyn who uses the traps effectively to enable much safer minion farming for herself.
    AHHHhhh the GREAT AND ALMIGHT SACRILEGE graces my post with his presence i feel so Honored. and ya that a good point you make with the Yordle snap trap when i 1st use traps i tried using like that... and on a side note i thought they was yordle SNACK Trap .... lol

I was literally coming to the forum to post this very thread, that traps seem like the LEAST useful stolen power. Could very well need a buff, such as snare time, or other effects, post-slow etc...