We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Guide for Amplifiers please

Can someone give me a brief over view or link me to one for the amplifiers, I've been staring and going through these things for 10 minutes. I don't have a clue to how they're suppose to work.

Is it only 3 mods and 4 augments per page? and does that number increase as you level up?

Also is there a benefit to buying higher or lower tiers, they all look about the same price and one would assume a higher tier is better.
    and what does "250 credits off" mean, I'm seeing things like that on a lot of them.

Just trying to figure things out, plan on buying some soon, thanks for anyone that helps!

Re: Guide for Amplifiers please

Augments give you stats right from the beggining of the match.
    Mods modify how an item works or their price depending on the rank (250 credits off).
    Check my Feedback Collection Thread: https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...ection-DPerete

- PC -
    CPU: Core 2 Duo E7500 @2.93GHz;
    RAM: Dual-Channel 4GB DDR3;
    GPU: GeForce GTX550 Ti
    Screen: 1360x768

I'll do my best to help.

So right now each hero has their own default "amplifier" set, which includes 3 mods (which are changes to items in the game), and 4 augments (changes to your actual character).

Then you can modify your own by getting amplifiers from leveling up your protector (mod every 5 levels, amplifier every non mod level), or buying them for either 1000 or 1200 credits.

As of last seeing it, it looks like you can create 3 custom amplifier sets (likely increases from either levels or filling out the initial 3), to basically customize your favorite hero build. You do this with your obtained mods and amplifiers that you have unlocked.

A brief overview of mods:

These are changes to items. The most common one is the 1k version, which reduces the cost to buy a certain tier of the item. For instance, a mod might lower the nil weapon cost by 100 credits. That essentially means that in game, the nil weapon will cost 100 less than normal.

The higher tier (cost) mods give extra benefits above and beyond the current ones.

For instance, a mod may say +100 health (tier 4). That means at tier 4 of the item (that you buy in the actual game), not only will you get x and y stat, but you will also get 100 more hp!

Amplifiers:

These are personal stat boosters. Do you want to make your character a better tank? Grab an amplifier that gives you +2 attack armor and +2 power armor. Want more lifesteal, pick up that attack damage + lifesteal amp.

Then there are two kinds of amps, fixed, and evolving.

Fixed amplifiers are just the ones that say for example:
    +5 power damage
    +2 move speed

These are permanent bonuses that are unchanging.

On the other hand, evolving ones look like this:
    +.8 power damage/level (20.00 total)
    +2 move speed

This means that for every level, you will gain an extra .8 power damage. While that seems inferior to the fixed amplifier, know that at the end of the game the evolving is far superior!

So you have to make the choice, to you want the early game advantage (good for gotham heights because the games are fast), go fixed mods. If you'd like a end game build, the evolving are for you!

Hope this helped.
    Last edited by hammerreborn; 01-29-2014 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hammerreborn View Post
    I'll do my best to help.

So right now each hero has their own default "amplifier" set, which includes 3 mods (which are changes to items in the game), and 4 augments (changes to your actual character).

Then you can modify your own by getting amplifiers from leveling up your protector (mod every 5 levels, amplifier every non mod level), or buying them for either 1000 or 1200 credits.

As of last seeing it, it looks like you can create 3 custom amplifier sets (likely increases from either levels or filling out the initial 3), to basically customize your favorite hero build. You do this with your obtained mods and amplifiers that you have unlocked.

A brief overview of mods:

These are changes to items. The most common one is the 1k version, which reduces the cost to buy a certain tier of the item. For instance, a mod might lower the nil weapon cost by 100 credits. That essentially means that in game, the nil weapon will cost 100 less than normal.

The higher tier (cost) mods give extra benefits above and beyond the current ones.

For instance, a mod may say +100 health (tier 4). That means at tier 4 of the item (that you buy in the actual game), not only will you get x and y stat, but you will also get 100 more hp!

Amplifiers:

These are personal stat boosters. Do you want to make your character a better tank? Grab an amplifier that gives you +2 attack armor and +2 power armor. Want more lifesteal, pick up that attack damage + lifesteal amp.

Then there are two kinds of amps, fixed, and evolving.

Fixed amplifiers are just the ones that say for example:
    +5 power damage
    +2 move speed

These are permanent bonuses that are unchanging.

On the other hand, evolving ones look like this:
    +.8 power damage/level (20.00 total)
    +2 move speed

This means that for every level, you will gain an extra .8 power damage. While that seems inferior to the fixed amplifier, know that at the end of the game the evolving is far superior!

So you have to make the choice, to you want the early game advantage (good for gotham heights because the games are fast), go fixed mods. If you'd like a end game build, the evolving are for you!

Hope this helped.
    This is exactly what I was looking for, pretty sure I get it now thanks a lot! I'd give you +rep if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocide07 View Post
    This is exactly what I was looking for, pretty sure I get it now thanks a lot! I'd give you +rep if I could.
    There are also varying degrees of the amps. I think its B, S, G for bronze, silver, gold in terms of "goodness".

Basically, so someone doesn't just do attack dmg/lifesteal, there are varying ranks for each type, so if you wanted to do nothing but damage/lifesteal, you could, but it wouldn't be as good as distributing your stats overall.

I have a question with regards to mods that give stats. If an item has 4 tiers, and a mod gives a stat bonus on say tier 3, does that stat bonus apply only for that tier, or does it carry over into tier 4 as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Raeph View Post
    I have a question with regards to mods that give stats. If an item has 4 tiers, and a mod gives a stat bonus on say tier 3, does that stat bonus apply only for that tier, or does it carry over into tier 4 as well?
    I can't think of a single mod that doesn't work this way for bonus stats (i.e. adds 35 hp). That is not the case for some ability changing mods (first ones that comes to mind are the investment mods, which as the investment keyword is not present on the tier 3/4 gambits, does not gain the bonuses).