We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Amplifiers seem pretty expensive

The amount it takes to earn a top tier champion like Batman and Superman is around 48 hours and the first 20 levels. Whatever xp merit bonus week they gave us, it wasn't a bonus at all.

But the amps are fair considering once you unlock them, you have them forever. And really you only can make 3 sets of amps. So you only have to buy 9 amps which would be around the cost of 9000-1100 merit.

Quote Originally Posted by 4surface View Post
    The amount it takes to earn a top tier champion like Batman and Superman is around 48 hours and the first 20 levels. Whatever xp merit bonus week they gave us, it wasn't a bonus at all.

But the amps are fair considering once you unlock them, you have them forever. And really you only can make 3 sets of amps. So you only have to buy 9 amps which would be around the cost of 9000-1100 merit.
    Indeed. But the amps still aren't fair. Naturally, once you unlock them you keep them. That doesn't suddenly justify the price - which is easily, by rate of merit gained in this particular game, at least 25-30% to expensive as a whole. If you wanted fully complete amps, that's about, an average price (don't forget you're obviously adding augments, too, and lets face it, the level augments you get are generally ****** ones noo ne ever uses) around 5k merit or so, per amp. so it's around 15-18k merit to complete your 3 amps. That's of course, assuming you're not buying additional augments and/or mods to change out for to do something else (or something more character specific).

So, yeah, it's pretty expensive. Some buds and myself were looking up the augments and mods we need to complete amp sets for the scenarios we typically encounter in GH or CC/GD (similar to the amps we had before the wipe), and the pricing comes to around 40k +/- 4k merit, depending on who is going for what. Either way, just doing our three amps - you could literally buy two top tiers. that's over 100 IN-game hours of playtime. Then there's the farm to buy characters other than the 2 or 3 super cheap ones...Pretty rough.

It's me or did they drop the price of amplifiers? They cost now 400-600-800 and before they were 1000-1200.

Quote Originally Posted by unilordx View Post
    It's me or did they drop the price of amplifiers? They cost now 400-600-800 and before they were 1000-1200.
    Well the item Mods are still up to 1200, the augments are around the 400 to 600 range.
    - Smaddy -

"What's mine is mine
    and mine and mine,
    And mine, and mine, and mine!
    Not yours!"
    Oath of Larfleeze - Agent Orange

This wouldn't be as bad if you weren't encouraged to play other champs. You build an Aug and Amp page for one character that's a few thousand here and there. But if you want to run a few other champs, its going to get very expensive and is going to take a lot of grinding. I play several roles so If I can't have my Tank I might have to pick a gimped Assassin or Jungler.

<Edit>
    Yeah i forgot you can't buy amps and the like for crisis points but while not revelant to this thread the post below in itself is a good reminder for the leaches to stay in thier place.
    A small Crisis point price would properly be good on these items. Also Shonuff has a very good point.
    <Edit>

I wan't to make something absolutely clear here.

The purpose is NOT for you to get everything for free in this game, if you REALLY want these things fast?, Take 4 hours exstra work and then just buy the items you want. It's not time effective to farm for items, it's not supposed to, The game can be enjoyed without to a reasonable level without paying.

But honestly if you play THAT much, and still don't want to pay...You are 95% somebody who just want's stuff for free. or out in another way.
    You don't want to pay anything...Even for things you like.

And that is disgusting.

At this point I feel the amp pages are really the most overpriced thing. I'm going to want at least 4 more pages which will be like farming 4 mid cost champions or spending $24. I'd say about 1500-2000 merit for a page would be fair and 100-150 for a page with crisis coins.

Quote Originally Posted by Tutonicdrone View Post
    At this point I feel the amp pages are really the most overpriced thing. I'm going to want at least 4 more pages which will be like farming 4 mid cost champions or spending $24. I'd say about 1500-2000 merit for a page would be fair and 100-150 for a page with crisis coins.
    Yes. I'm actually okay with the price of Mods & Augments but man the pages themselves are SUPER expensive.
    - Smaddy -

"What's mine is mine
    and mine and mine,
    And mine, and mine, and mine!
    Not yours!"
    Oath of Larfleeze - Agent Orange

Quote Originally Posted by smaddy View Post
    Yes. I'm actually okay with the price of Mods & Augments but man the pages themselves are SUPER expensive.
    Agreed. Mods and Amps SEEM expensive, but once you realize that you really will only want a small handful (and only ONCE) then it isn't so bad....and the suggested mod set per champ is generally solid.

PAGES are insane. But then again, they need something for players to strive for over the years.

Unlike LOL you do not NEED to buy amps at all, every champ has a very good base amp set, these are identical to what we can buy and are more specifically for the champ,so seeing how Amps are 100% optional if you don't like the price wait till you get lvl 50 and unlock all the amps you can so you don't spend Merit you don't need to