Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Let Supports be supports (focus on buffs, shield + healing)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    Yeah, she's not classified as a support, but neither is joker. She has a fast cooldown Q that's great for harass, but she's super squishy and slow so she'll have a problem alone when someone all-ins her. Especially since she's kind of like Oriana and her ball, it's easy to miss important skills when someone goes ham on you.

She has a great harass and her bonds of love would be great with a partner doing damage.
    Joker is in a weird spot really, he is classified as an Blaster, but is getting picked as an Support (Gee, I wonder why) because of his strong zoning and strong team-fight presence.
    I still want to hear what people think of this, there's a lot of teams that replaced "Supports" with Joker, and it's pretty much obvious why.
    My Champion Concept: https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...-Atomic-Cyborg

My wish list for upcoming patches: https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...-WALL-OF-TEXT)

Proud DotA veteran.

Joker is for sure a great replacement pick where there would otherwise be a support, but he can't do everything a support does. He has peel and damage which in certain comps is all you need. However there are comps, counter comps, and strats that the pure supports would fit in better.

Once again this is why I love IC because you can have niche picks and non traditional supports in a support role.
    twitch.tv/pillatypus

I like to mid with Joker, but that's because I'm greedy.

He does make a good Support in a pinch, just like Zatanna can double as a decent Blaster.

Quote Originally Posted by coL_Pillatypus View Post
    Except Harley's heal isn't the only ability in her kit.

W to knock away anyone on your carry. R can peel an entire team or set up great team fight combos.

Oh and lets not forget one of the best parts of harley's kit ... her passive.

Attack and move speed are two of the strongest stats in the game and her passive alone gives just an obscene amount of both.

Her QWR allow her to rotate her to keep her passive up without dropping once she hits cdr cap on a single target.
    Oh and whats that? Her E lets you heal a target and possibly lets you have her passive on 3 people?!?! (Herself, closest target, person you healed)

Her heal alone might not be the most op thing, but the utility it brings with her passive on top of all her other utility is quite scary.

QFT!! people really underestimate her passive, it probably one of my favorites in the game. It can be use for so many things, chasing down, escaping and best of all that attacking spd on a assassins ...Nirvana.

People just seems to be stuck in the old ways of supporting. This way is ten times better in my opinion. No longer are supports just cc/heals bots, now we also can deal lots of DMG if people don't watch out. It feels nice that people have to worry about the whole team not just 4/5 of it.

http://www.twitch.tv/jestersmiles/c/3778973

Granted it is GH, still 11/0 and wait for it....... 14!!!!!!!

love what Turbine are doing with supports. So for the love of jebus don't revert them back to heal/cc bots. It's so boring...
    Last edited by Jestersmiles; 02-24-2014 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jestersmiles View Post
    love what Turbine are doing with supports. So for the love of jebus don't revert them back to heal/cc bots. It's so boring...
    I think they know better then to do that. lol

Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jestersmiles View Post
    QFT!! people really underestimate her passive, it probably one of my favorites in the game. It can be use for so many things, chasing down, escaping and best of all that attacking spd on a assassins ...Nirvana.

People just seems to be stuck in the old ways of supporting. This way is ten times better in my opinion. No longer are supports just cc/heals bots, now we also can deal lots of DMG if people don't watch out. It feels nice that people have to worry about the whole team not just 4/5 of it.

http://www.twitch.tv/jestersmiles/c/3778973

Granted it is GH, still 11/0 and wait for it....... 14!!!!!!!

Good thing no one ever said to do that. But that would require reading.
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

You stay classy Ron Burgandy

I think this would be appropriate.

http://i.imgur.com/bPzsKcq.jpg
    - Krypton is for Lovers -
    TgW: Templar Gaming: Wreckless

Considering Harmony

I prefer supports to be Dota style where they only have base damage to work with and tons of utility offensively or defensively. The idea of supports is to work with less farm and only have to worry about levels for them to be useful. It offers a different playstyle from that of scaling champions where you need to farm just to stay relevant as the game progress. You can roam and gank non-stop without ever having to stop and farm. If scaling needs to be integrated to every champion, then just give them a very small scaling ratio and bigger base damage on their abilities.