Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Customer Service Manager IC_River's Avatar

Infinite Crisis Player Guideline: Help Create a Positive Play Environment!

Our Mission
    It’s the mission of the Infinite Crisis Moderation Team to provide a safe, positive, fun and friendly play environment for all of our customers. We believe that a positive play environment breeds a strong and unified community, and that building a friendly and helpful community from the beginning will help prevent the “toxic player stigma” that often becomes associated with highly competitive games.

What Constitutes a Toxic Player?
    A toxic player, plainly stated, is any player within a game whose verbal response to live game situations is consistently negative, abusive, inappropriate and generally unwanted. This type of behavior often results in a war of words that detracts from the game experience that we want all of our customers to enjoy. Toxic players will sometimes cause such distress that they end up causing other players to respond and react in ways that they normally would not. The best way to deal with a toxic player is to not react and simply report them at the end of the match. We will work hard to keep players who show consistent abusive and toxic behavior out of the game, while also working hard to educate players who occasionally slip. We know that as humans we sometimes respond and react in ways that are not typical of our behavior and will always try to educate and warn first.

How to Report
    It is important for us to provide all customers with a fast and effective way to report bad behavior. We accomplish this goal through the integrated “Report a Player” feature that’s available after every match. When viewing your stats in the post-match summary you will see an option that allows you to report another player. You also have the option to include a brief description of the problem; however that description is not required. Reporting in this way will send notification to the Infinite Crisis Moderation Team for immediate review. Keep in mind we will not provide information about any action taken against another player, so unlike other customer service tickets you will not hear back from us after submitting a report. We will be taking action against players who violate our Code of Conduct to ensure that our player environment is positive for all friendly and well intentioned protectors.
    Bad behavior can also be reported by visiting support.infinitecrisis.com directly.

Types of Violations
    There are a number of specific classifications for conduct violations that we want to discuss here. We’ve included a brief description of each violation type below.

Verbal Abuse is any chat behavior that is aggressively targeting a specific player or team with ongoing name calling, bullying, blaming, threatening language or hate speech.

Inappropriate Language is any communication that contains excessive expletives vulgarity and all forms of hate speech. Keep in mind that you can turn your profanity filter off/on via your options menu. We will not be taking action against non-targeted language that’s automatically blocked by our profanity filter. If you see language that should be blocked by the profanity filter, but is not, please let us know and we’ll look into adding that language to our filter system.

AFK/Leaving is undesirable behavior in any team game. We understand that real life always trumps a game, but please be sure that appropriate time is available to play through a full game session without needing to leave or go AFK. We understand that emergencies will and do occur, so a single report of this behavior will never result in disciplinary action; however repeated and ongoing AFK/Leaver/Rage-Quit behavior will result in disciplinary action.

Intentional Feeding is when a player repeatedly and intentionally allows the other team to score a kill. This is sometimes done to “troll” a friendly team by giving the enemy team an easy win.

Assisting the Enemy Team is when a player verbally provides strategic or tactical information to the enemy team over chat. This behavior will help the enemy team achieve victory and is another form of anti-competitive and toxic behavior.

Ranked Play
    Tensions often run high in ranked play. This is a place where players go to compete at their highest possible level and the place where they expect the highest level of teamwork and cooperation. This means that even if a player hasn’t displayed toxic behavior in any other play mode, they may display that negative behavior in ranked play. A couple quick things to keep in mind – “raging” on your team in ranked play or being toxic in any way will generally lower your team’s chance of obtaining victory by a significant margin. This sort of response will pull your teammates attention from the task at hand (winning the match) to chat drama. That being said, it’s perfectly fine and acceptable to give constructive feedback to teammates. Something along the lines of “Hey, next time maybe trying running that champion with Stolen Power X instead of Stolen Power Y”. This sort of feedback shouldn’t cause drama or any other situation that will hinder your team’s ability to successfully communicate during the match.

In addition to this more general information I wanted to talk about “Pick Order vs. Call Order”. The first person on the team (top of the screen) will always be the first to pick. Pick Order is then ordered going down the list (while switching between teams). The first-pick player is also responsible for champion bans. In our current setup, this is also the player who has the highest current rank on the team. We still encourage communication between teams and ranked players should understand a variety of roles if they want to be successful. That being said, the order of picks determines who gets to play which champions, regardless of who “calls” a specific champion in chat.

Open Discussion for All Protectors
    This thread will remain open for the community to discuss our moderation plan and our mission to create and foster a positive play environment for all players. Feel free to provide feedback, ask questions, make suggestions and discuss.

We’re listening!

Re: Infinite Crisis Player Guideline: Help Create a Positive Play Environment!

Can we call the toxic players, Radioctive Players?
    If you are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your code isn't working or got any comment or feedback.
    GO HERE:
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

Submit a ticket, to do all listed above and even more.

*How To post a DxDiag

*Infinite Crisis Forum's Rules

*I'm Famous <3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    MY FAV STREAMS!
    Sycogenesis' Stream :http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis
    Beco's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dps_beco
    Hammerborn's Stream: twitch.tv/hammerreborn

Quote Originally Posted by Mrlucho View Post
    Can we call the toxic players, Radioctive Players?
    LOL Radioactive Players Nice!
    Moving To Las Vegas Watch me Play Poker! http://www.twitch.tv/s0lo

Kudos To IC Mission and Vision I really Want this Game To Succeed where other Popular Mobas have Failed in this regard.
    Moving To Las Vegas Watch me Play Poker! http://www.twitch.tv/s0lo

This game is going to be awesome!

And yet that's another awesome thing announced by you guys, Please make sure that you have dealt with those "Radioactive Players" before you release your ranked system, I wish this game never end up like league of legends with all of those under-rated players and that horrible community

Add Role Finder/Match-Making Finder Please.

Normal Games, I have had a problem with toxic players raging because they would not let me solo, lane to be specific I play SOLO Roles only in games unless I get real communication from my team in any MOBA, to my knowledge going jungle because a team refuses to communicate, trolls, isn't a ban worthy offense in most MOBA's but today I had a player raging at me in chat because they went mid died 3 times then told me to go mid and I told them I couldn't due to lack of farm.

To be specific I have played MOBA's for well over two years, and I have a lot of experience when it comes to Toxicity, to be specific in League for example because its one of my favorite MOBA's, I only play ranked.

I am willing to play any role in any MOBA, but I need specific players, play-style, and team-work or I can't play with you, take for example my most common problem in 90% of my games is Auto Lockers, locking random things, telling me Your last pick **** you and so on, and as a result the game is usually a loss because I can't support or play with any type of random locking players, which leads to this rule about infinite crisis.

https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...ay-Environment!

In addition to this more general information I wanted to talk about “Pick Order vs. Call Order”. The first person on the team (top of the screen) will always be the first to pick. Pick Order is then ordered going down the list (while switching between teams). The first-pick player is also responsible for champion bans. In our current setup, this is also the player who has the highest current rank on the team. We still encourage communication between teams and ranked players should understand a variety of roles if they want to be successful. That being said, the order of picks determines who gets to play which champions, regardless of who “calls” a specific champion in chat.

IF players actually showed communication as you recommend there would be absolutely no problem at all, but fact is I bet that even when I start ranked and get out of normal 90% of players are not going to communicate to the standard I expect and play to the standard I expect therefore I run into the same problem as described above I have to play a Solo role no matter what you think, or I can double jungle.

I am not the type of player that rages at others in games, uses racial slurs, or does harassment directed at others in games, but I will always be playing a solo role, in every MOBA i play during a lane phase unless I have specific players playing with me no matter the MOBA, and why.

I understand MOBA's are a team game, but when playing with random people not between friends who play like I do or even try, good luck finding players who will properly communicate, and play on my level.

To be specific based on League.

. Almost every game I play support in with a random lock ADC I feed massively because I play my supports very aggressive, if you can't match I feed unless you are specific pre-game about how you are playing, and work with me on a proper champion pick then I can play passive champions, but most players don't do this.

. Almost every game I go in I have won my lane and helped others after lane phase.

.When Players properly communicate which is rare like 1% of my games if not less and I play with them we have always won our lane seriously this is true, and then we helped others.

League is the only MOBA I have ever been suspended it before for refusing to play a DUAL lane role, but out of every MOBA I have played they all share this same common toxicity, and I have never been suspended from any other MOBA to this date.

However League is currently putting in a Role Finder, so players can choose the way they are playing, what champions they will play with and playing the roles they wan't which will help avoid and remove this type of toxicity from the game/community, I Suggest adding such to this game would help prevent the toxicity and experience I get and 40 minutes of my time wasted because players choose not to listen.

As said in many MOBA's including Smite, You are not required to listen to anything I say I am only 1 out of 5 players, but the choice is yours you listen, or I have to play Jungle, or whatever will get me a solo role, which was also backed by Hi-Rez games which said that playing a double jungle, or playing something uncommon would never get me suspended but if the player rages at me for it I can report them and they will get suspended for verbal abuse.

As the rules state, Verbal Abuse, never helps win games, its a reason I never do it, and not listening/Non Team-working players doesn't help win games either so its something yo should consider before auto locking something and saying (SUPPORT) ask yourself are yo really supporting when you randomly locked a champion that doesn't fit the play style as your other's play just a perfect example.

Also when playing a MOBA, It really helps to take into account the skills of enemy champions, and team-work situations/tactics, I could go over hundreds/thousands of hours of game-play tactics from every MOBA matched I have played which is well over 1000+ games and point out how every game could have been won if players just would have listen, not argued in chat and really tried even in the games where I get trolled, or am forced to double jungle, or jungle it can still be a win, but they choose to fight in chat, and fighting in chat, making Drama/abuse does not win games.

For example, during a lane phase I will only solo, if I find that I can solo a lane after someone decides not to 5 minutes into the game and I am not behind I will do it, otherwise if I say no, Please do not press the issue and create drama my answer is exactly that (No) keep pressing the issue is Chat drama, and will not increase your chances of winning.

When I play a MOBA I do things by very specific Numbers, tactics, and plays otherwise the chances of me winning a lane/feeding in a lane is very high provided the enemy has an advantage from someone else over me.

Now no one has to agree with anything I said, but its the way I will be playing in all MOBA games, and reason I want to suggest adding a Team-Building Tool, I understand this game is still in Beta, or Early release so please consider it.

To be clear, my first 2 games or so I didn't have problems with toxicity.

My 3rd game, I had an AFK, and a team of newbs and I carried hard because I was solo lane.
    My 4th game I had 4 afk players, and players intentionally feeding/not even trying.

And then the game just now I get chat harassment because they choose not to let me solo as soon as game started, and then blame me for their loss when they failed to carry the game, look at who got all the objectives in the game no matter being able to help a lot because I started with a solo lane build and was forced to jungle.
    Last edited by Natasha; 02-11-2014 at 02:43 AM.

Talking Re: Infinite Crisis Player Guideline: Help Create a Positive Play Environment!

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha View Post
    Add Role Finder/Match-Making Finder Please.

Normal Games, I have had a problem with toxic players raging because they would not let me solo, lane to be specific I play SOLO Roles only in games unless I get real communication from my team in any MOBA, to my knowledge going jungle because a team refuses to communicate, trolls, isn't a ban worthy offense in most MOBA's but today I had a player raging at me in chat because they went mid died 3 times then told me to go mid and I told them I couldn't due to lack of farm.

To be specific I have played MOBA's for well over two years, and I have a lot of experience when it comes to Toxicity, to be specific in League for example because its one of my favorite MOBA's, I only play ranked.

I am willing to play any role in any MOBA, but I need specific players, play-style, and team-work or I can't play with you, take for example my most common problem in 90% of my games is Auto Lockers, locking random things, telling me Your last pick **** you and so on, and as a result the game is usually a loss because I can't support or play with any type of random locking players, which leads to this rule about infinite crisis.

https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...ay-Environment!

IF players actually showed communication as you recommend there would be absolutely no problem at all, but fact is I bet that even when I start ranked and get out of normal 90% of players are not going to communicate to the standard I expect and play to the standard I expect therefore I run into the same problem as described above I have to play a Solo role no matter what you think, or I can double jungle.

I am not the type of player that rages at others in games, uses racial slurs, or does harassment directed at others in games, but I will always be playing a solo role, in every MOBA i play during a lane phase unless I have specific players playing with me no matter the MOBA, and why.

I understand MOBA's are a team game, but when playing with random people not between friends who play like I do or even try, good luck finding players who will properly communicate, and play on my level.

To be specific based on League.

. Almost every game I play support in with a random lock ADC I feed massively because I play my supports very aggressive, if you can't match I feed unless you are specific pre-game about how you are playing, and work with me on a proper champion pick then I can play passive champions, but most players don't do this.

. Almost every game I go in I have won my lane and helped others after lane phase.

.When Players properly communicate which is rare like 1% of my games if not less and I play with them we have always won our lane seriously this is true, and then we helped others.

League is the only MOBA I have ever been suspended it before for refusing to play a DUAL lane role, but out of every MOBA I have played they all share this same common toxicity, and I have never been suspended from any other MOBA to this date.

However League is currently putting in a Role Finder, so players can choose the way they are playing, what champions they will play with and playing the roles they wan't which will help avoid and remove this type of toxicity from the game/community, I Suggest adding such to this game would help prevent the toxicity and experience I get and 40 minutes of my time wasted because players choose not to listen.

As said in many MOBA's including Smite, You are not required to listen to anything I say I am only 1 out of 5 players, but the choice is yours you listen, or I have to play Jungle, or whatever will get me a solo role, which was also backed by Hi-Rez games which said that playing a double jungle, or playing something uncommon would never get me suspended but if the player rages at me for it I can report them and they will get suspended for verbal abuse.

As the rules state, Verbal Abuse, never helps win games, its a reason I never do it, and not listening/Non Team-working players doesn't help win games either so its something yo should consider before auto locking something and saying (SUPPORT) ask yourself are yo really supporting when you randomly locked a champion that doesn't fit the play style as your other's play just a perfect example.

Also when playing a MOBA, It really helps to take into account the skills of enemy champions, and team-work situations/tactics, I could go over hundreds/thousands of hours of game-play tactics from every MOBA matched I have played which is well over 1000+ games and point out how every game could have been won if players just would have listen, not argued in chat and really tried even in the games where I get trolled, or am forced to double jungle, or jungle it can still be a win, but they choose to fight in chat, and fighting in chat, making Drama/abuse does not win games.

For example, during a lane phase I will only solo, if I find that I can solo a lane after someone decides not to 5 minutes into the game and I am not behind I will do it, otherwise if I say no, Please do not press the issue and create drama my answer is exactly that (No) keep pressing the issue is Chat drama, and will not increase your chances of winning.

When I play a MOBA I do things by very specific Numbers, tactics, and plays otherwise the chances of me winning a lane/feeding in a lane is very high provided the enemy has an advantage from someone else over me.

Now no one has to agree with anything I said, but its the way I will be playing in all MOBA games, and reason I want to suggest adding a Team-Building Tool, I understand this game is still in Beta, or Early release so please consider it.

To be clear, my first 2 games or so I didn't have problems with toxicity.

My 3rd game, I had an AFK, and a team of newbs and I carried hard because I was solo lane.
    My 4th game I had 4 afk players, and players intentionally feeding/not even trying.

And then the game just now I get chat harassment because they choose not to let me solo as soon as game started, and then blame me for their loss when they failed to carry the game, look at who got all the objectives in the game no matter being able to help a lot because I started with a solo lane build and was forced to jungle.
    It's unfortunate you are coming from League and bringing the same issues that plague that community to this one. The game you played was recorded, feel free to check out twitch.tv/droog115 for the footage. As a team its important to collaborate. When the rest of the team is building a comp and you call jungle or mid is exactly the problem. You are new to the community and still learning, that much is clear. However, when your response to any team cooperation is solo lane or feed then expect not only frustrations but poor game experience regardless of what game you play.

Suffice it to say your poor attitude and decision to AFK for most players would have cost them the match but in the instance you were q'd with KGS and Danuck, we won so your win/loss will not be affected. However your toxic attitude and decision to remove yourself from the match have resulted in your account being reported.

Your feedback on the game is always appreciated however it might be prudent to check the League Mentality at the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Danuck View Post
    It's unfortunate you are coming from League and bringing the same issues that plague that community to this one. The game you played was recorded, feel free to check out twitch.tv/droog115 for the footage. As a team its important to collaborate. When the rest of the team is building a comp and you call jungle or mid is exactly the problem. You are new to the community and still learning, that much is clear. However, when your response to any team cooperation is solo lane or feed then expect not only frustrations but poor game experience regardless of what game you play.

Suffice it to say your poor attitude and decision to AFK for most players would have cost them the match but in the instance you were q'd with KGS and Danuck, we won so your win/loss will not be affected. However your toxic attitude and decision to remove yourself from the match have resulted in your account being reported.

Your feedback on the game is always appreciated however it might be prudent to check the League Mentality at the door.
    Then perhaps learn to do it, Your community claims that you are into pro-graming, then perhaps you should act more like it pre-game, and let me know what you are playing where you were playing, ask something like "Can you support me", can you please lane with me.

This is not the attitude your community has shown, instead all I got was a person coming to my mid lane, and ruining the lane for me after being told to go mid before anyone ever told me anything.

This is where you don't understand, I assume you all are (Newbs) to the game I don't play with players who do not communicate in pre-champion selection which is almost every game in every MOBA I play, so yes I only play Mid or Jung with that specific champion, had I have had more champions unlocked I would have gladly played Top lane but as you said I started this specific MOBA 48 hours ago I am very limited on what I can play the moment compared to what I want to play.

Playing bottom with an unskilled player means I feed, just as how mid lane when I was in the lane the person refused to make a play so i died, had he not have been in the lane at that time I would not have died get what i am saying (Feed) Not intentional but lets assume you straight out give 3 kills to an enemy champion then fight head on with that champion 1v1 who do you think is going to win.

Now due to name & shame likely naming the player is not allowed, but the person telling me " They work with the game devlopers" We are going to report you for jungling because we don't like the way you play and debating is going to get the person "manually reported" to customer service for the incident perhaps they will deal with the issue, yes I went AFK a few minutes saving snapshots of the incident to send to customer service because of a black screen bug when saving screen caps.

Perhaps if you are actually a pro-team as your Twitch.TV says you should act more like it when you join a game together, let players know and try to work with them, because I tell you had you have came into my game, not just locked something or asked me to play something specific I could have worked with you the best I could but this wasn't the case.

League, and Infinity crisis can be compared to each-other toxicity wise I get toxic trolls all the time in infinity crisis to intentional feeders, 4 afk players in a single gam ethe other day, and trolls, I am sure when they look over my actual account and games played they are going to see that I don't intentionally feed enemy's which is why I have strict policy on when I duo lane with others, and how I play champions to avoid feeding.

Perhaps you pro-gamers are different because you actually work as a team and duo with one another no Idea, but I Solo Q, because the last community I was part of in MOBA's was caught Hacking, Exploiting, and Elo boosting/flat out disrespectful to others something I will not be part of.

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha View Post
    Then perhaps learn to do it, Your community claims that you are into pro-graming, then perhaps you should act more like it pre-game, and let me know what you are playing where you were playing, ask something like "Can you support me", can you please lane with me.

This is not the attitude your community has shown, instead all I got was a person coming to my mid lane, and ruining the lane for me after being told to go mid before anyone ever told me anything.

This is where you don't understand, I assume you all are (Newbs) to the game I don't play with players who do not communicate in pre-champion selection which is almost every game in every MOBA I play, so yes I only play Mid or Jung with that specific champion, had I have had more champions unlocked I would have gladly played Top lane but as you said I started this specific MOBA 48 hours ago I am very limited on what I can play the moment compared to what I want to play.

Playing bottom with an unskilled player means I feed, just as how mid lane when I was in the lane the person refused to make a play so i died, had he not have been in the lane at that time I would not have died get what i am saying (Feed) Not intentional but lets assume you straight out give 3 kills to an enemy champion then fight head on with that champion 1v1 who do you think is going to win.

Now due to name & shame likely naming the player is not allowed, but the person telling me " They work with the game devlopers" We are going to report you for jungling because we don't like the way you play and debating is going to get the person "manually reported" to customer service for the incident perhaps they will deal with the issue, yes I went AFK a few minutes saving snapshots of the incident to send to customer service because of a black screen bug when saving screen caps.

Perhaps if you are actually a pro-team as your Twitch.TV says you should act more like it when you join a game together, let players know and try to work with them, because I tell you had you have came into my game, not just locked something or asked me to play something specific I could have worked with you the best I could but this wasn't the case.

League, and Infinity crisis can be compared to each-other toxicity wise I get toxic trolls all the time in infinity crisis to intentional feeders, 4 afk players in a single gam ethe other day, and trolls, I am sure when they look over my actual account and games played they are going to see that I don't intentionally feed enemy's which is why I have strict policy on when I duo lane with others, and how I play champions to avoid feeding.

Perhaps you pro-gamers are different because you actually work as a team and duo with one another no Idea, but I Solo Q, because the last community I was part of in MOBA's was caught Hacking, Exploiting, and Elo boosting/flat out disrespectful to others something I will not be part of.

Did I just see you justify feeding because you play like to play aggressive? And that if your lane partner is no good you just die. I don't understand that logic in one bit lol.
    Brand new IC streamer. Love playing Robin!