Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Infinite Crisis Player Guideline: Help Create a Positive Play Environment!

I Think Im Getting a Headache. So Whats This Thread About Again? Now I remember help Create a Positive Play Environment or better yet How we can make IC a positive Play Environment any suggestions?
    Last edited by solopsIC; 02-13-2014 at 09:19 PM.
    Moving To Las Vegas Watch me Play Poker! http://www.twitch.tv/s0lo

Quote Originally Posted by solopsIC View Post
    I Think Im Getting a Headache. So Whats This Thread About Again? Now I remember help Create a Positive Play Environment or better yet How we can make IC a positive Play Environment any suggestions?
    Its about trying to create a positive player experience, and how it can be improved.

To improve player experience the following needs to be done.

There are two types of toxicity.

The first type is the player that comes into your game being a jerk to others with things such as Swearing, chat harassment, Tell others to End it, I experience this all the time this type of toxicity can be improved by getting rid of these players.

The Second Type of Toxicity is Toxicity in response to things like (Meta) (Play Style) ETC. This is the toxicity that I experience all the time in every MOBA.

How you can improve this type of toxicity is by putting in a role finder system that helps match other players with the respected roles they will be playing for example, Left, Right, Mid lanes players will be able to select the roles they are willing to fill, and be matched based on this not just click a play button this way the player gets matched with their play-style therefore no problem.

The other thing is, What if I choose to support right, or Bot lane, and my Partner Auto Locks? Well the two Bot lane players would be required to communicate what they are playing with one another pre-game, and work with each-other or this would be a report worthy offense that can be punished, or allow the game to be disbanded if the players do not agree via an automated box that asks both players if they agree with the choices.

. My problem is that I play with specific champions in MOBA's take for example if I am playing MWW bot, and someone locks DD as a support, I do not want this type of support, I will refuse to play with it, so therefore I will just take my champion jungle no matter how bad or how well it does i generally leave it up to the team to decide and if they choose to be toxic they get reported.

The Third Option that could be put into the game is a Vote Disband System before the game starts the team can vote to disband the game no one gets punished the game is simply re que for another game hopefully with better players, or a vote kick option the player is kicked and re-entered into Que no penalty.

Add a Do Not Play List option players who ignore another will be less likely to encounter the player when entering match-making.

Add more report options such as "Refusing to Communicate Pre-Game"

Add Report Option Pre-Game

Add Video Replay System similar to S2 Games in Savage 2 & Dota 2

Possibly add an option so when a player goes afk or is vote kicked from a game in progress for being afk, another player can join the match and play as that champion they will be told what champion they are playing and so on and get bonus coins.

This is my thoughts about what will improve the system, I would like to see some of these put into new MOBA's to help prevent toxicity usually non communicative players for the most part, or players that call roles then feed massively and make the game a 3v5 when i don't do as well in another role can't hard-carry, which often leads to toxicity from others in games, which is why a Team-Builder/Role Selection system & match making system would work better so everyone gets what roles they are willing to fill.

Sometimes Personalities and Egos Can clash In teams and feelings can be Hurt and create Bad Blood The best thing is to move on I found your Rivals can be Your best friends because Friends tend to take you for granted and take kindness for weakness so lets Respect Each other and Work On Building our Bridges and not Burning them Lets truly make IC The Best Positive Playing Enviroment in the MOBA GEnre
    Keep The Peace
    Moving To Las Vegas Watch me Play Poker! http://www.twitch.tv/s0lo

In education, there's a line of thinking that says, "Reward what you want to see more of." In a perfect world everyone would behave themselves just because we're dealing with other human beings who are deserving of our respect. Sadly, we know that's not going to always happen.

So, if you want to see more positive behavior, then perhaps there should tangible rewards tied to it. Maybe if you play so many games or something without a report, you earn something. Or, maybe there's a button where you can give a fellow player some kind of recognition for being a good teammate, and that could turn into some kind of reward. I have no ideas about what those rewards might be because my MOBA experience is pretty much been since Jan. here on IC, so I don't know how such things effect game economies and the like, but maybe incentivizing good behavior can work with the right setup.

Is there a IGNORE FEATURE that helps us not be in the same group as these trolls or anti-competitive and toxic behavior players?

As a reward system votes from others who were playing in the game as a boots of credits points etc.

Considering Harmony

I'm starting to see shades of toxicity creep into IC. This is the same toxicity that made me give up LOL after playing it for 3 whole years, nearly to the exclusion of all other games. When a Moba is good, it is by far the most enjoyable gaming experience I have had. And I'm not simply referring to the wins. The loses can be just as fun. But when every game is populated with at least one player who complains the entire match, usually in all chat so that everyone playing gets to share in this misery, well it just kills my interest. I think toxicity is dangerous in ANY moba, but ESPECIALLY in this one. This one is going to see a LOT of players who have never played Mobas before and are playing this one because they like DC comics. I like DC comics. It's one of the reasons I switched to this game. I had the advantage of having played Mobas for so long that I didn't just completely feed for a few weeks until I figured it out. Many new players are not that lucky. I think we need to be very accepting of different levels of play from people at this point. Yes a match making system would help. But we don't have that right now. Still beta. Long way off from being done.

I guess what I'm trying to say is when you have a game that starts with someone playing a free champ on your team running straight into a turret and dying or just feeding bad, Don't assume that it is a troll. Assume that they are new. Try to help them. Don't immediately start bemoaning how terrible they are.

And PLEASE, stay off of the all chat for complaining. To me it seems hugely more insulting when a player is moaning about a player on the their own team to the other team. If I do something stupid and a teammate makes fun of me for it on team chat, I typically laugh and agree. But if that teammate's first inclination is to all chat "This Batman is a noob" or such, I tend to see red. Things inevitably go bad as I no longer have any desire to win with that person. Please don't let this game go down the same toxic hole as LOL. This game can be better.

I am a comic book fan way more than a moba player, so I apologize up and down in advance on how ****** I play. Is there or will there be a "sandbox/kiddie pool" section of this game where you can try out strategies without angering competitive people? Also is chatting only by typing or is there a headset option? Yes, I am that noob Batman who gets killed constantly. I would get better if there were an interactive tutorial. I look forward to the open beta and day one release when tons of noobs enter the fray. Then I won't be the only horrible player out there.

In my experience it's the players outside of the game who I haven't had any problem with, ever. Take for example the stream the other day. So many people in there, lots of great chat. Sure a couple of trolls coming over from the LoL stream occasionally but this is the internet and that was bound to happen. People were helping each other out, giving advice and being friendly.

The IC/Turbine team are also wonderful, outgoing, friendly and communicative.

In my experience (granted not an extended experience as I've been playing steadily only a few weeks now), there tends to be a lean in game to the aggressive, abusive or flat out harassing sentimentality. I've got a few examples, but I won't name names here.

Example 1. A player telling people they should go kill themselves because they are "not good at the game." This wasn't directed at me, but a team mate. As I said I'm very new, but I couldn't see what this person was doing differently from the abusive player, really. In fact the abusive player had died more often. They still however thought that suicide was a appropriate training tool for improved gameplay.

Example 2. Calling a player (our Wonder Woman) a lot of expletives, telling them they're the worst player ever, before quitting the game. When our team mentioned, jovially in the general game chat that this player had quit, the opposing teams response was to insult our Wonder Woman themselves. Now, I can't say what our WW did wrong as I was in a different lane to them, but imo that WW was a far better player than the person who quit. They after all didn't drop out of the game and swear up a storm.

Example 3. I've seen players spend the entire game insulting someones (supposed) sexuality. Insist they not play the game again. That it's a competitive and therefore losing is the worst possible thing in the universe. Etc etc, you know the drill.

Now, to be honest the best way to deal with these players is to flat out ignore them. When they are spewing this much venom they're just after attention. It's worth baring in mind though, especially when you're new that, when a more experienced player tries to offer advice (politely) it should not be received poorly either. It's a two way street. In all 3 of my examples, if these venomous players had reacted with decorum, given calm polite advice, then it would be the responsibility of the "poorer" player to heed it. Not become venomous themselves.

The problem is in my experience only once have I seen a player give advice with out becoming aggressive. Not only did they give advice to one player, when I asked for it they also gave me advice where they could. If memory serves that players name as ShadowCory and I wouldn't mind playing with them again. The problem is that this player received a bit of abuse for giving advice, and at no point did they deserve it. They were polite, understanding and kind. They weren't forceful with their advice either. So as I said, it does go both ways.

At the end of the day, sure it's a competitive game, but reacting with venom and hatred isn't being competitive. Swearing up a storm at your team isn't being competitive. It's being a horrible person. Competitive behaviour is remembering it's a game, laughing off a loss and vowing to beat them next time. It's not difficult to be nice to people online. Anonymity shouldn't be a tool for abuse. If anything it should make it even easier to be polite. Another player annoy or insult you? You don't have to respond at all, they can't see you. You can pretend you didn't read what they said. Take a deep breath and be good to each other and the game will just become better.
    T

Just played a game on Gotham Divided. One of my team mates started off with name calling, then intentionally feeding, then announcing he/she was going afk. This is a great game with a great fan base, so toxic players (radioactive players) do nothing but cause grief and frighten away new players. Everyone needs to remember, this is just a game. You are supposed to play games to have fun. So have fun when you play and do not take it too seriously.
    Ever dance with the Devil in the pale moon light?