Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MechaAlfred

Re: MechaAlfred

Here is how #Mecha Alfred plays into my version of Mecha Batman:

The Wayne family are benefactors of Justice Consortium. It's possible that Charles Wayne even helped in establishing them, however, their financial and scientific support is key to the Consortium. Wayne enterprises represents one of the flagship corporations that provides automatons, weapons, and materials to the Consortium. Thomas and Martha Wayne are inventors who specialize in developing Mecha Heroes to fight the Doom Legion. Ultimately, they are unable to conceive children. As such, Thomas throws himself into building a new Mech.

The mech he builds will become Batman, however, since to Thomas this is his life's work he calls him "Bruce" and for all intents and purposes he is the Wayne's son. Bruce is treated like Thomas' son and Thomas begins to raise him as he slowly completes his construction. In the midst of running diagnostics Thomas activates Bruce's vision and speech functions, but his body is inactive. Then the Doom Legion strikes against the Wayne Family. Bruce is unable to act in saving them but he witnesses their deaths first hand.

4LF-RED is there to prevent Bruce's capture and thus begins B4-TM4N's ascent to becoming the Dark Knight of the Mecha Universe. We learn that the Doom Legion actually sent a bomb to kill the Waynes; it is an exploding Teddy Bear that the Waynes purchase for Bruce. I bet you can guess who made the exploding bear? HA HA HA!
    - Krypton is for Lovers -
    TgW: Templar Gaming: Wreckless

Is there any way we can get this sticky? Either here or in the general discussion forums so more ppl are able to see this.

As mostly a community driven idea, i feel as many ppl should be exposed to the idea and able to give input, if it is something that they are interested in. I do understand not everyone is for this but if Turbine sees a good majority of community behind this, there might be more champions in the future that we can get into the game that normally would not be considered or overlooked for more general champions.

As for Alfred Prime, while i wouldnt mind, the MECHA universe makes it more possible for this to work. In the prime universe he has been a servant of the Wayne household for FAR more years than would allow for a combat in-game champion, universe-wise of course. With the MECHA universe it takes a character whose role is very much a background character and allows him to have a more active role in the DC universe.

Infinite Crisis needs Mecha Alfred... and more Mecha characters in general.
    Steam: admonish

This thread is about as entertaining a donkey kick to the face ............

please new material .... Don Rickles is not impressed

I want to thank everyone for their support! #Mecha Alfred has taken off in ways I didn't think possible. I want to let people know I started this as a one-liner in my IGN tag; simply guessing as an irony that the next champ announced for a while was going to be Mecha Alfred. Now, Mecha Alfred is and can be a real character with a real back story and real impact.

I know people have been clamoring for new content, and I intend to give it to them. I'll be adding some more stuff to this thread. Also, I highly recommend that people give feedback on the things already posted here. I especially want feedback on Mecha Batman's tie-in to Mecha Alfred as I am particularly fond it.

I'll definitely post something soon! Thank you all for your support. Be sure to take a little time out of your day to spread the word of Mecha Alfred. May your day be blessed by the one true Lord Mecha Alfred.

Hi All!

As promised here is some more Mecha Alfred story. I've included a report on his 6th mission.

Decryption Algorithm: LION

-CONFIRMED-

ACCESS GRANTED…

MISSION FILE: Mission #6 – Declassified
    [Portions redacted pursuant to order X-4309]

Model 4LF-RED: Counter Intelligence and Reconnaissance Automaton

“The Hunter becomes the Hunted”

4LF-Red’s positioning within the Lex Corp hierarchy gave the unit access to critical data related to special development programs over which Lionel Luthor personally oversaw as C.E.O. of Lex Corp. These special development programs provided enhanced technologies to the Doom Legion and were considered Priority One for the counter-intelligence branch of the Consortium.

During Red’s third mission Red installed surveillance subroutines within Lex Corp systems. Surveillance access coupled with any information garnered from Red’s service to Mr. Luthor led to the discovery of Dr. Adeline Kane. Dr. Kane was at the forefront of designing advanced platforms for the U.S. Military; however, she began work in the private sector after her military funding was repurposed for defensive platforms rather than offensive platforms. Dr. Kane was instrumental in development of Military assassination protocols. Kane’s specialty focused on adapting archaic forms of warfare and weaponry to modern-day Automatons. She was a major proponent of programming Mechs in the use of handheld weapons.

[File Note: It is rumored Dr. Kane had an engraved Broadsword hung above her desk. The sword’s inscription supposedly read “In Fine Tantum”- The Only End.]

4LF-Red accessed a ghost file within the Lex Corp Database that revealed Dr. Kane was being funded by Lex Corp and the Doom Legion to expand upon her work for the U.S. Military. Any R&D breakthroughs would be utilized to enhance Doom Legion soldier Mechs. The file also revealed that the R&D lab Dr. Kane was conducting her work was located in the Southeast Asian Region.

4LF-Red was coincidently scheduled to accompany Lionel Luthor on a trip to other Lex Corp holdings in the region.

[Pursuant to order G-42X7 an incursion was authorized to gain additional information on the lab]

4LF-Red began infiltration of the R&D facility on [Date Redacted].

Red used a micro-burst EMP device to sabotage a security drone stationed at the northeast corner of the facility. Red then used a concealed laser cutter to breach the outer fence of the facility. Red was able to gain access to Dr. Kane’s lab without being discovered. Red then began download and decryption of Dr. Kane’s files. The files revealed that tremendous improvements could be made to basic military automatons. Units could be enhanced with upgraded servo motors giving them better, faster, and stronger reflexes. An army of units could be given comprehensive assassination, war, and lethality platforms.

Dr. Kane’s file referred to the upgrades as ‘taking a basic soldier model and making it the perfect soldier.” “Perfect killer” Red remarked.

4LF-Red mission log noted that Dr. Kane demonstrated the same level of ego as other Doom Legion targets, stating, “The Legion’s ego is a heel for which even the shoddiest arrow may pierce!”

In the midst of the download, Red realized that the development program had progressed to the prototype phase. In fact, as 4LF-Red was inside the lab the dim glow of sleeping workstation screens revealed the silhouette of an automaton. The unit lay dormant while Red conducted the rest of the download. It appeared like the automaton was to be fitted with a specialized sword-arm that hung next to the Mech.

Mission parameters did not include physical sabotage of any Mechs. Yet, the Consortium had no idea Dr. Kane had moved to the prototype phase. Red wasn’t known for deviating from mission parameters so he left the unit lying there.

As the download and decryption was nearing completion, Dr. Kane returned to the lab. Red was caught unaware as Dr. Kane’s access key did not register in the building’s tracking systems. Red was already tapped into them, keeping tabs on roving patrols.

[File Note: Red suspected that is how she was able to move to prototype so quickly; she was working unobserved, possibly to auction her work off to the highest bidder.]

When Dr. Kane discovered 4LF-Red in her lab she immediately drew a pistol and took aim. Red transitioned into CQC mode. He snatched her wrist and twisted, not hard enough to break, but enough to keep her from gaining position on him.

Dr. Kane was an accomplished scholar in the art of war and she was not just a scientist but also a practitioner. Kane reversed his hold and swung her pistol arm back around aiming for a point blank shot. Red still in control of Kane’s wrist sidestepped and pushed back on Kane’s advance, shoving her against the lab wall. Red’s grip tightened as he began to swing Kane away from the wall, hoping to flip her onto the floor where he was sure he could neutralize her and escape.

Before Red could achieve the necessary momentum Kane slammed an elbow into Red’s shoulder motor causing him to release his grip. She reestablished her aim as Red retreated a few steps.

Red ultimately prevented Dr. Kane from raising any of the facilities alarms, but without hurting her he wasn’t going to outmaneuver her to escape.

Lacking a clear means to escape and the authority to terminate, 4LF-Red had to play for time. Red played upon the doctor’s obvious bravado. “The empty husk over there is supposedly your masterstroke; looks like nothing more than cobbled together scraps.” Dr. Kane remained un-phased. She snidely replied “That Mech isn’t just a master-stroke; it’s your DEATH-stroke!”

Dr. Kane took her chance and fired a wave of shots at Red. The shots missed, the final shot critically damaging the right ocular mechanism of the experimental war mech. Kane’s aim in the shadowy lab clearly wasn’t as skilled as her fighting skills.

In the flurry of bullets Red dashed forward and swept Kane’s leg as hard as he could. More than likely he was going to break her shin, but the bullets were already drawing the wrath of the facilities’ internal security. Red could hear bone snap as his leg swung around under her.

Kane went down hard. The pistol flew from her grip across the lab floor. In the next few seconds Red had to make it out of the lab, out of the facility, and back out to extraction point.

Facility security was approaching from down the hall. Red smashed through the lab door and as he hurled himself into the hall he released two chaff grenades. The resulting explosion filled the hall with the perfect distraction of aluminum strips. Internal air filtration did the rest by spreading them throughout the facility. Any recording device was scrambled like eggs.

In the chaos, Red booked it as hard has his servos could manage tracing his steps back through the facility. Security was too busy converging on the lab so his path was unhindered. Kane would be cursing herself for both losing to Red and for damaging her prized possession. He didn’t have time to worry about the shattered bones in her leg, but he knew when he decided to rush Kane it was a necessary act. It wasn’t a principled confrontation.

Red passed through the fence, sprinting into the night, data in hand. Before the light of the facility fell away Red triggered his last surprise, a deletion sub-routine he planted in Kane’s system during the download. As the clouds of chaff subsided the dark lab came online, all the lights and consoles burst into full illumination. A message scrolled across the screen “If your leg is as bad as your puns, you won’t need all this work to occupy your time!” The data server shorted out; all the files and schematics therein bursting into flame, melting into plastic ash of worthlessness.

Red mustered a robotic snicker, mission parameters didn’t account for damaging any Mechs but sabotaging data was one of Red’s specialties. Dr. Kane learned that first-hand.

-File End-
    Last edited by TgW_AgentX; 02-28-2014 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tgw_agentx View Post
    hi all!

As promised here is some more mecha alfred story. I've included a report on his 6th mission.
    take my damn money!
    "In fearful day, in raging night,

With strong hearts full, our souls ignite.

When all seems lost in the War of Light,

Look to the stars, for hope burns bright!"

Come say hello to me on:
    Twitch - Twitter - Youtube

Btw, did you know that 4LF-RED's /dance is "I'm a little teapot?"

Here is a companion story for Mecha Alfred concerning Mecha Pixxy.

DigiComm Manager IC_ElectricLeo's Avatar

Quick question to you guys. Do you think we'd need to introduce Alfred (Prime) to our game before we could introduce Mecha Alfred? Or do you think we could go straight to Mecha Alfred?

Please understand that this isn't confirmation that we're capable of either any time soon, but I am personally interested in your perception of that general process. We have already set the precedent of introducing Gaslight Catwoman before Catwoman, but I would love to hear your thoughts on if you think that was an unusual order of champions.