Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Underused Jungle

From speaking to other players and observing the current meta it seems that the jungle in Gotham Divided is being a bit neglected. It is hard to clear solo and maintain any health to gank with, so most teams end up doing 2-1-2 with no jungler. This is fine, but it means that the jungle objectives become more of an afterthought and not a strategic point being fought over, like in Coast City.

Just my own thoughts, but I figured you'd like to hear the feedback.

Re: Underused Jungle

I agree.

Besides Buff related (Speed, Health, EMP) i don't see the jungle like something really functional, and time spend/reward related, even more with the nerf on jungler items and the utility of this items beyond the jungle. The tough camps made ganks nearly useless most of the times, wich is the primary function of being a jungler.

I thinkg that if the idea goes beyond of getting buffs for the team, the jungle needs to be reworked a little.

Of course the map is on beta, fully released to all 2 days ago, so is about giving feedback.
    With blood and rage of crimson red
    Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead
    Together with our hellish hate
    We'll burn you all that is your fate!

Red Lantern Corps.-

I jungle every match, and I have to say that you're 100% correct. The jungle camps are much too punishing on junglers for it to be worth it. The reason I'm able to get away with it is because nobody jungles, so I can take both team's Tripod and Scrapper camps. If both teams were to have junglers there would not be enough resources to support both.

The issue is mainly, imo, that the jungle seems to have been designed around basically requiring your team to assist you in killing the non-trivial camps. The issue with that and the reality is that your team is almost always completely new. Even with a strong knowledge of the game, the map is so large and the camps so awkwardly walled in, it's a significant loss of gold / exp for someone in lane to help you out.

Protector

I say: decrease map size

less traveling time ->

- easier ganks
    - more likely to get help for big camps
    - back to base not as punishing

and last but not least, less running -> more fun

I've only jungled Shazam, AT-Ivy and GL-Joker so my experience is limited but I feel that the health camp is pretty close to a good place, maybe a little nerf. Speed camp needs to be far weaker, it does too much damage and, unlike the health camp, doesn't give any sustain. I'd also like it's two minions to be removed so single target champions like GL-Joker can kill it and then just rush to the next camp without having to mop up the two small minions, wasting the buff if you accidentally step on it early.

I actually feel like raider should hit harder early game. I had an easy time soloing it when it first came up, it should be a team objective and not something the jungler can do alone. The pulse minions need a little more damage on them too. That way early plays for them are more risk/reward. I am not sure if xp needs to go up or I just haven't gotten a good path down yet but I am finding myself significantly behind on levels any game that I don't get fed early. Part of that may be me ignoring the speed camp in general though.
    Last edited by Tutonicdrone; 02-03-2014 at 02:11 PM.

I jungle with Doomsday and everything seems fine. I only go after heavy hitting camps once I level past 6. I mostly go after all the small camps, take one or two of the mid size ones, and then base and repeat if things are in good order. I do find myself behind a level or two though if I spend too much time in the jungle. And when I help lane in the mid-late game, I'll pop into the jungle for the experience, credits and fury.

The hardest parts about jungling; the minimap does not show camp respawns, and when the other team doesn't use a jungler.
    New Player 1v1 Tournament! Prize is s Gold Steam Pack

I am looking for feedback on recent community events. Fill out the form here! I will read all responses even if there is 1000.

The_Dycer Guides!
    A Coast City Guide: Updates SoonTM
    The Definition of SoonTM

Dycer's Ample Amplifier Album! Check it out for help with Augments.

Dycer's Monstrous Marina Modset Manual! Use it for help with item mods.

I am not a Turbine employee, and do not receive the compensation/benefits/privileges that employees do. Currently I have a pending application to be the Director of the Putting Things on Top of Other Things Department.

I'm on Dawnbase! Check highly rated guides for great builds and tips!

"The Earth had too many men." - Dycer 2014

"KS, it is what Dycers do best!"- Dycer 2015

One only improves through quality repetition. Practice does not make perfect; only perfect practice makes perfect.

The State of The_Dycer Adress

Getting back to daily words!
    Strange word of the day; Quinquiplicate: To multiply by five
    If you win a spelling bee due to "Strange word of the day", I receive 2% of the winnings.
    Most Colorful Forum Signature
    I am running low on original colors!

38 No Death 5v5 games in queue without an afk this patch!

Overall, I feel like a lot of people thing the jungle is too hard, or cannot be soloed. I assure you that this isn't true, it's just not as easy to jungle as Coast City. We specifically wanted to make it a little bit of a challenge, as we didn't think having blasters like GL prime being able to jungle on this map was very viable. That being said, try this:

Pick Gas Cat, Nightmare Batman, or Batman.
    Take Consume and Detonate.
    Buy a Marauder Shield, and a Nil Weapon.
    Start at the Health Destroyer First, have your teammates from bottom or top put some damage on it so you have a bit of a head start.
    Do the remaining camps in order, with the Speed Destroyer last. (Try to save a consume or Detonate for the Speed Destroyer )
    Always kill the little creatures first, killing the big ones last. (Less creatures, less DPS, Less damage to you.)
    Do the EMP, top or bottom, where ever you end up and head back to base to get a T-Skill!

It's possible and fairly simple to do even with default amplifier sets, I literally tested it this morning. For even more help, equip a -100 credits mod for your nil weapon, and pick up a level 2 health vial at the start as well. You should have no problem clearing the entire jungle without heading back to base.

TLDR: The jungle is more difficult than coast city, but I am not buying that it is not solo-able, or too tough to do.

Quote Originally Posted by IC_Fantus View Post
    Overall, I feel like a lot of people thing the jungle is too hard, or cannot be soloed. I assure you that this isn't true, it's just not as easy to jungle as Coast City. We specifically wanted to make it a little bit of a challenge, as we didn't think having blasters like GL prime being able to jungle on this map was very viable. That being said, try this:

Pick Gas Cat, Nightmare Batman, or Batman.
    Take Consume and Detonate.
    Buy a Marauder Shield, and a Nil Weapon.
    Start at the Health Destroyer First, have your teammates from bottom or top put some damage on it so you have a bit of a head start.
    Do the remaining camps in order, with the Speed Destroyer last. (Try to save a consume or Detonate for the Speed Destroyer )
    Always kill the little creatures first, killing the big ones last. (Less creatures, less DPS, Less damage to you.)
    Do the EMP, top or bottom, where ever you end up and head back to base to get a T-Skill!

It's possible and fairly simple to do even with default amplifier sets, I literally tested it this morning. For even more help, equip a -100 credits mod for your nil weapon, and pick up a level 2 health vial at the start as well. You should have no problem clearing the entire jungle without heading back to base.

TLDR: The jungle is more difficult than coast city, but I am not buying that it is not solo-able, or too tough to do.
    ^That It's what I've been doing for the past few days and it works beautifully. Waiting in base at the beginning of the game for 50 credits also allows you to bring one HP pot before the drone wave starts spawning. Once I reach level six with my jungler, that's when I almost only gank or go for EMP/Speed/Regen elites. That'll sustain you nicely and keep you equally levelled with the other champions.
    Last edited by AwA_Dage; 02-03-2014 at 09:00 PM.
    "In fearful day, in raging night,
    With strong hearts full, our souls ignite.
    When all seems lost in the War of Light,
    Look to the stars, for hope burns bright!"

Come say hello to me on:
    Twitch - Twitter - Youtube

Fantus, what do you think about the jungle respawn speeds?

Gotham Divided has a jungle?
    Well, if it does I'm sure you can clear it with detonate/consume and a Nil weapon +marauder combo