Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Underused Jungle

I don`t agree to the poster at all. While the jungler is substantially harder that in other MOBA`s, it`s perfectly doable by the jungler champions. Here`s my strategy

1. Get Marauder`s Shield and Knife/ring (depending on your champion) and potions (lvl 3 health if your champions doesn`t use will, lvl 2 health/will if it does. You can get -100 credit Marauder`s Knife/Ring to get lvl 3 health/will pots. It helps a lot)
    2. Get Nightmare Batman`s Consume and The Joker`s Detonate.
    3. Start at health drone and burn Detonate on him. Do the other 2 weakest camps.
    4. You should have now about 470-500 credits, depending on your champion clear time. Wait on the first mid tower to upgrade Knife or Ring or Shield.
    5. Go to the other 2 weak camps at the other side of your jungle.
    6. Decide if you should gank, do speed drone or go B.

Either way, this path has got me at the same lvl/credit as my other teammates, and the enemy jungler. I usually have enough health to gank as soon as I hit lvl 3 (depending on my champion).

I am kind of new to the game, but I`ve been jungling in other MOBA`s for a long time. I plan to post champion especifics guides on youtube as soon as I get a better internet here and as I`ve studied the jungle a bit

Now with yet another Jungle nerf in the early game, it is easier than what is described here. But it does seem weird that the teams you find either never wanted to jungle, or everyone on the team wanted the role.

Personally this is my gameplan now with the changes: Take 2 T1 marauder items, and 3 health pots (Will regen can be addressed with a Doctor Destiny's Dreamstone a little later in the jungle). I clear the speed destroyer first (with a leash), then the 2 smaller camps on my side of the jungle. I burn Detonate on the maulers if I need to, but most times I can make it. I then also take the camp on the opposite side of the middle lane. Then I get T2 sheild/knife/ring depending on who I have, burn the other item, and start investing in Hawkeye's harness (refundable) unless I need Dreamstone for will. By returning Hawkeye's harness when full, I get some late game items very early on without starving myself by holding onto coins. For assassins, use their damage refundable if you are fine with health.

I then just going around killing stuff, but don't like throwing "all out" ganks until I have my Ult up. I will start "warding ganks" at 3 just to help keep lanes under control if needed, and I am in the area. If both specifications are not met, you will lose a lot of time on nothing.

Unless I am having an off game, or testing out a new build idea (not focusing on counter building), I end up with less than 5 deaths even in some the worst matches. The game I played last night in the Jungle on GD was 6/3/18 with Atom Ivy jungling.
    Introducing the Crisis Classic!
    Up to date Rules and Info

I am looking for feedback on recent community events. Fill out the form here! I will read all responses even if there is 1000.

The_Dycer Guides: Updates Soon!
    The Definition of SoonTM

Dycer's Ample Amplifier Album! Check it out for help with Augments.

Dycer's Monstrous Marina Modset Manual! Use it for help with item mods.

I am not a Turbine employee, and do not receive the compensation/benefits/privileges that employees do. Currently I have a pending application to be the Director of the Putting Things on Top of Other Things Department.

I'm on Dawnbase! Check highly rated guides for great builds and tips!

"The Earth had too many men." - Dycer 2014

"KS, it is what Dycers do best!"- Dycer 2015

One only improves through quality repetition. Practice does not make perfect; only perfect practice makes perfect.

The State of The_Dycer Adress

Getting back to daily words!
    Strange word of the day; Vauntiness: Boastfulness
    If you win a spelling bee due to "Strange word of the day", I receive 2% of the winnings.
    Most Colorful Forum Signature
    I am running low on original colors!

46 No Death 5v5 games in queue without an afk this patch!

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Dage View Post
    ^That It's what I've been doing for the past few days and it works beautifully. Waiting in base at the beginning of the game for 50 credits also allows you to bring one HP pot before the drone wave starts spawning. Once I reach level six with my jungler, that's when I almost only gank or go for EMP/Speed/Regen elites. That'll sustain you nicely and keep you equally levelled with the other champions.
    Better to buy that pot first, and your starting item in the lane you're going down on your way to the jungle. Saves time.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dycer View Post
    The hardest parts about jungling; the minimap does not show camp respawns, and when the other team doesn't use a jungler.
    Respawns are at the top of the screen bro, just like it shows with Raider, EMP, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by IC_Fantus
    Buy a Marauder Shield, and a Nil Weapon.
    Please confirm that recyle works on jungle creeps?
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

Quote Originally Posted by JLA-Lyri View Post
    Respawns are at the top of the screen bro, just like it shows with Raider, EMP, etc.

Please confirm that recyle works on jungle creeps?
    Wow, what a way to bring back a dead, irrelevant thread. This was discussed when jungle respawning was not shown at the proper times, destroyers were too strong early game, and general jungle sustain was horrible. Things that were a problem before you guys joined. A lot has changed since then making everything discussed here no longer useful.

And recycle only works on drones, it is useful in the jungle for it's keyword attack siphon. Now health regen like that is incorporated into jungle items.

I am looking for feedback on recent community events. Fill out the form here! I will read all responses even if there is 1000.

The Definition of SoonTM

I am not a Turbine employee, and do not receive the compensation/benefits/privileges that employees do. Currently I have a pending application to be the Director of the Putting Things on Top of Other Things Department.

One only improves through quality repetition. Practice does not make perfect; only perfect practice makes perfect.

If you win a spelling bee due to "Strange word of the day", I receive 2% of the winnings.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoulrath View Post
    I completely agree with this and yet I don't. My reasoning is because it seems that it is a design paradigm to allow any Champ to slot into any role, to at least some degree. So if a team runs Trip Blaster Duo Marksman then according to what I have seen from the devs all beta long, is that they should be able to.

So now we are forced to choose these three Champs specifically? I have run Gas Cat and Bats in the jungle. It works well enough, but you still run the risk of getting behind, lacking in health and unable to gank, and worst of all, you are forced to play "beefier" Champs just to jungle.

As above, you are then forced into a specific set of Stolens and I don't think that is a good design decision. And for anyone who has played for a month, this is a no-brainer to begin with.

Again, someone that has played for a month or so knows this. And you are then set into an initial build (which admittedly is hard to get away from at level 1).

It is a team game, and I don't have a problem with the concept of getting some help to start your mobs. But in this world of beta and new players, it can be very hard to get a good team, and just as hard to get your team to give you that assistance. And killing the little creatures first is another one of those no-brainers. Anyone that has played a MOBA, MMO, or just about any other game on the planet knows this.

And still you continue to force us into a specific mold. I don't want to play the game that you want to play. I want to play the game that I want to play. For the most part, you guys are delivering that game. But when a lot of players who have been around for a while are telling you that the jungle is too tough to clear and then gank, you should listen. You should investigate. A few games with cherry-picked Champions is not enough.

The jungle is solo-able, but it is tough to do. Believe it. Do yourself a favor and try a different Champ than one of the three you mentioned above. Try Flash for example. Do so with and without a leash to start. Either way, it can be tough to be able to do your job. The jungle itself is easily doable, but that is not your only concern, and that is what you seem to be overlooking.
    Yes, there is a correct and incorrect way to do things in MOBA, which is why they have such a steep learning curve. You can't take the squishiest adc into the jungle just as you need an adc on your team to get lots of money and snowball late game....

TL;DR dont change the main part of the jungle it works fine, i clear it all the time.
    Connect with me!

Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by col_krashy View Post
    tl;dr dont change the main part of the jungle it works fine, i clear it all the time.
    holy thread necro batman
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

You stay classy Ron Burgandy

Quote Originally Posted by hammerreborn View Post
    holy thread necro batman
    I came here to say the same thing when I saw this popped back up.

The Definition of SoonTM