Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The unbelivable Grind

Hey Guys,

I´m playing IC since the early closed Beta Days and I really enjoy the game. But I have to say I´m so depressed by the high merrit costs. Everything you can buy for merrit is just WAY to expensive. I played like 70 Gotham Devided games in the last 3 Days and and won 56 of them. Still, my merritcount is just not getting higher. Yeah of course I bought Doomsday and Poisen Ivy(400 Merrit each Champ) and some Amplyfiers but still. The rewards for my efforts are feeling really low.

I know you want people to buy crisis coins aswell but still. Are there any plans on lowering the merrit costs on some things?

Re: The unbelivable Grind

Quote Originally Posted by Beric View Post
    Hey Guys,

I´m playing IC since the early closed Beta Days and I really enjoy the game. But I have to say I´m so depressed by the high merrit costs. Everything you can buy for merrit is just WAY to expensive. I played like 70 Gotham Devided games in the last 3 Days and and won 56 of them. Still, my merritcount is just not getting higher. Yeah of course I bought Doomsday and Poisen Ivy(400 Merrit each Champ) and some Amplyfiers but still. The rewards for my efforts are feeling really low.

I know you want people to buy crisis coins aswell but still. Are there any plans on lowering the merrit costs on some things?
    If your looking for fast merit, play GH. Your chances of being crushed by a premade is potentially lowered and game last from 8-20 minutes. There are plans for first win, and continous gaming with no dodging rewards.

I agree with you Beric, I've been playing since the closed beta and I really have to say that the merit costs are just too high. Even if you play GH and win almost every round say out of a 100, you still will probably be placed at around 2k to 3k merit points only, I mean really. I've been saving up this whole time just trying to buy either batman or superman and those guys are the highest costing characters in the game. BUT they cost 8400.... I want this game to be better than any other mobas out there since it features the characters I loved when I was smaller, but this game and its grinding for merits is just killing the fun. Plus, another issue I wish to say is, why do the characters cost so much in crisis coins too? I mean you have to spend at least 20 just to get one champion (like superman or batman... batman is on sale right now and still cost at least 13 dollars). I don't know why the prices are so high in both merits and crisis coins but really, this is just ridiculous.. I'm just a casual player, so that means I earn my champions, OK, I EARN MY CHAMPIONS. Unlike some people who spend their entire salary to buy the whole character roster. This too me is just ridiculous, and to whoever comes by later and reads this, I'm not hating on those people that use their money to buy everything, I'm just saying, Why use it on a game that still doesn't listen. I hope this changes your minds money users and developers. Have a good day.

I also agree. The merit costs are a bit too high.

I hope they are reduced by 15-20% at least in the future.

The problem is you have to play 3-4 games a day for a week or so, just to afford one of the higher cost champions.
    Then the grind begins again.

I've played LoL for 3 years and have pretty much every champion, but the grind here seems much higher than in league.

Hopefully players will not have to either play every day for years or pay hundreds of dollars to unlock every champion.

I am not optimistic about this though. I doubt there will be much in the way of price reductions. This is a very popular IP, and there is too much money to be made.

Providing Harmony ItsThatAsianBoy's Avatar

inb4payandstopbeingcheap.

I couldn't agree more.
    I've played less than 20 games on League and I've already spent more money on that game than I have on this game.
    Want to know why? The prices aren't stupidly high and I get a lot more merits on that game (But I use my actual money so merits don't matter idk.)
    Playing 70+ games just for a single champion is stupid to me.
    But y'know, the staff have everything unlocked anyways so who cares.

Seems counter intuitive, but even the most inexperienced marketing, business or economics major should know lower prices, when offered in forms of sales and temporary price reductions, actually increase revenues and profits significantly. Not sure how marketing is handled over there, but I would think someone at Turbine would know this.

I agree with with OP and others, sale reductions seem fairly insignificant and regular prices are too high. I remember early closed beta sales being around 50% off, which I would find much more attractive even at current price points. As it stands I will likely spend little to no more money on this game (I am a founder). Only if/when sale reductions become more significant or overall prices come down would I consider spending more.

Edited for clarity

I have to agree, I think the merit price for champions is a bit high. I think it should be reduced by at least 1000 merit so it would be 7400 for new champions. However, I think the rate at which you get merit is pretty good, it feels sort of like when I played league.

It's been said before, but the merit costs have to be somewhat high in order to encourage paying for coins. If they were too lenient on merit coins then no one would spend a dime. I've earned over 5000 merit already (but I also bought the elite founder's pack). I don't think they expect everyone to do so, but they may lower costs eventually (sales, etc as well).

The game has to make money somehow, if you really want a champion and doesn't want to gather the merit buy it. (Played around a 100 matches since the wipe and already bought Flash btw, it's not that bad.)

Yea like you said you played around 100 matches that's almost 14 matches a day for 7 days. Now that's a lot just for flash. Now I earn around 220 to 250 ip a match in league. A new champ in league is 7800 ip so that means I only have to play around 36 matches that's only around 5-6 matches a day for 7 days just for that one champ. Now tell me that the pricing is fair for casual players then. If this game is for hardcore nonstop players then so be it this games not for the majority of people that are interested in it. Also don't tell me that this is their way to make money. They are using a well know franchise and are expecting to not make money so they have to force people to buy their favorite champs like superman and batman. But I do expect them to lower the prices someday just look at how low doomsday and poison ivy is.